Home

Questions about Tight End position in CFM

This is a discussion on Questions about Tight End position in CFM within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 01-22-2018, 08:52 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Questions about Tight End position in CFM

Playing in a CFM over multiple seasons. This past season I went nuts with my TE and realized a few things:

1. Why is there no annual Best TE award? Doesn’t appear on the Best WR list. Seems like a big oversight to me given how important TEs are. (If I’m missing where this award is given - let me know)

2. Why , in game, can you sub a TE at WR but you can’t sub a WR at TE. I know that shouldn’t happen in real football but.....

3. Why does any WR who has avg run and impact block ratings get a huge bump if you change position to TE? No consideration given to WR height and weight. This is dumb and has made actual TEs in our league irrelevant - everyone just finds a WR with block skills and a little speed. We have former WRs 5’10 and 185 playing TE and excelling.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2018, 09:05 AM   #2
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Questions about Tight End position in CFM

For one there is no tight end award in the NFL.

Two, Madden is supposed to be a sim game, so putting a WR in for a TE is not real at all. Although TE's now days get used as WR's all the time.

Three...this proves that Madden is not a true sim when you can do things like that.
Old 01-22-2018, 10:16 AM   #3
Rookie

I get that there is no TE award in real NFL but since Madden awards XP to the other awards - this holds TEs back in development. IMO
Old 01-22-2018, 10:57 AM   #4
Pro

Devaster's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcourtne
I get that there is no TE award in real NFL but since Madden awards XP to the other awards - this holds TEs back in development. IMO
I agree with this. FBs can get the best RB award. I think only Punters and TEs cannot win any "best position" awards. Which is a bit silly. At least there is now a "Best Linebacker" award. Back in M15 that position got screwed as well. Especially if you played in a 3-4 Defense. Your pass rushers just didn't develop as well if you had a stud that could win the award.

There aren't any "Best Position" awards to my knowledge in the NFL either. But those awards could definitely be treated like All-Pro awards. I'd rather see 1st and 2nd All-Pro teams. And even All-Decade Team awards. That would be much more realistic and awesome to see. Would love to see if any of my players made an All-Decade team.
Old 01-22-2018, 09:28 PM   #5
Rookie

Kentaurus's Arena

Quote:
Playing in a CFM over multiple seasons. This past season I went nuts with my TE and realized a few things:

3. Why does any WR who has avg run and impact block ratings get a huge bump if you change position to TE? No consideration given to WR height and weight. This is dumb and has made actual TEs in our league irrelevant - everyone just finds a WR with block skills and a little speed. We have former WRs 5’10 and 185 playing TE and excelling.
You really need to find a better league that doesn't allow those kind of unrealistic position changes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2018, 04:10 AM   #6
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:

1. Why is there no annual Best TE award? Doesn’t appear on the Best WR list. Seems like a big oversight to me given how important TEs are. (If I’m missing where this award is given - let me know)

2. Why , in game, can you sub a TE at WR but you can’t sub a WR at TE. I know that shouldn’t happen in real football but.....

Sounds like you have an arcade league full of arcade Madden fans who aren't football fans.

This kind of thing is why you should only join SIM leagues. A sim league will have a rule against this kind of anti-realistic lunacy.
Old 01-23-2018, 09:03 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 1

best lber gets no exps, i had one who got dpoy and best lber and only got credit for dpoy

why do oline get 32000 exps for the pro bowl at ss dev when other positions get a lot less
Old 01-23-2018, 09:08 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ueauvan
best lber gets no exps, i had one who got dpoy and best lber and only got credit for dpoy

why do oline get 32000 exps for the pro bowl at ss dev when other positions get a lot less

For some reason my entire backup offensive line always goes to the pro bowl even if my starters don’t. In fact my current online fantasy draft I drafted really well and I had all 10 lineman in the pro bowl as I also lead the league in rushing. Now I have 4/5 of my backups as quick development. It’s rather ridiculous even if it creates great trade bait for me in the future because all my backups were younger than 24.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »