Home

Best Playoff Game Ever?

This is a discussion on Best Playoff Game Ever? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-24-2018, 04:42 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Best Playoff Game Ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCutlersCig
Holy. Crap.

Madden just delivered one of the best experiences I have ever had with my Dallas CFM. Let me set the scene.

2020 Divisional Playoffs. Dallas vs. Green Bay at Lambeau. Already making for a good game, right? Mind you, I play QB only. I made an undrafted player, worked his way up into the 90s, and overtook Dak Prescott.

The first half, Green Bay keeps us, the 2nd highest scoring offense, to 14 points. Aaron Rodgers torches the Dallas secondary and tosses four touchdowns in the first half. We go into halftime down 35-14.

Third quarter. Dallas shuts down Aaron Rodgers and shuts them out. My QB throws two touchdowns, Zeke punches it in for six with :05 left in the quarter. Ladies and gentlemen, we have a game.

Fourth quarter turns into an absolute shootout. Both QBs eclipse the 500 yard mark and 5 TD mark. We score two touchdowns, that put us up by 8, but with 1:47 left and three timeouts and Rodgers, what do you think happens?

We get the ball with :28 left on our own 25. Incompletions take us down to :21. On 3rd and 15, my QB slings a beauty to Terrence Williams to get us to the 43. First down, :12 left. Incompletions take the clock down to :01.

We drafted a rookie named Pedro Kilgore, who has 95 speed. He’s out wide, and I call the PA Boot from the pistol, and send him deep. Here’s what happened:

GAME. SET. MATCH. Dallas gets revenge on Rodgers for the 2017 Divisional. Here’s the stat-line:

WAY too many passing yards and passing TDs for my taste. I prefer a much more realistic stat line, but congrats.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
Old 01-24-2018, 08:28 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve115658
Just to hop on this train of awesome stories. I just blew a 17 point lead in the Superbowl to the eagles (using a relocated expansion team). Wentz hit Ertz for a 35 yard touchdown to complete the come back with 13 seconds left to put them up 29-28. They go for 2 to make it a 3 point game and my free safety picks it and takes it back for 2! 30-29 final and I legit feel like I just stole something!
Sounds like that comeback code I've heard so much about where right at the end the user gets super abilities and scores a miraculous score right at the end despite all the trickery the CPU can pull...or did I get that wrong?
Old 01-24-2018, 08:50 AM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve115658
Just to hop on this train of awesome stories. I just blew a 17 point lead in the Superbowl to the eagles (using a relocated expansion team). Wentz hit Ertz for a 35 yard touchdown to complete the come back with 13 seconds left to put them up 29-28. They go for 2 to make it a 3 point game and my free safety picks it and takes it back for 2! 30-29 final and I legit feel like I just stole something!
I can only imagine how hype you were when your safety took off with it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2018, 08:54 AM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykelmosinee
WAY too many passing yards and passing TDs for my taste. I prefer a much more realistic stat line, but congrats.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
I wouldn't say thats unrealistic. If it happens every game then yes but there have been some crazy shootouts, I remember the Green Bay vs Arizona wild card shootout from like 2010 had crazy numbers.
Old 01-24-2018, 09:54 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by webbjay82
I wouldn't say thats unrealistic. If it happens every game then yes but there have been some crazy shootouts, I remember the Green Bay vs Arizona wild card shootout from like 2010 had crazy numbers.
Total pass yards in that game was a smidge over 800, one QB slightly over 400 the other slightly under. Total number of TD passes were 9. Final was 51-45 and I think went only a few plays into OT before AZ scored.
Old 01-24-2018, 01:46 PM   #14
Rookie

steve115658's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by coach422001
Sounds like that comeback code I've heard so much about where right at the end the user gets super abilities and scores a miraculous score right at the end despite all the trickery the CPU can pull...or did I get that wrong?
Haha the whole game had some fishy dramatics. I fumbled basically uncontested diving into the end zone to jump start the come back. But the pick was all me. Ran a cover 2 out of the 46 and usered my safety over the middle, they ran double slants and I jumped in the middle and picked it in stride
Season 3: 16-3 Super Bowl Champions
Minnesota Vikings
Season 4: Coming soon
Old 01-25-2018, 06:44 AM   #15
Pro

JayCutlersCig's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by webbjay82

My QB has 98 across the board and throws about 300 YPG, so no, 500 yards is a far cry from his usual stats.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2018, 07:13 AM   #16
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

Hate to be that guy, but, PA boot with 1 second left? was there a risk of a run at that point?

Oh well, it worked :P

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »