Home

Play the Moments in CFM. Anyone plays it?

This is a discussion on Play the Moments in CFM. Anyone plays it? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 01-25-2018, 07:19 PM   #1
Rookie

VTWiseGuy's Arena

OVR: 0
Icon5 Play the Moments in CFM. Anyone plays it?

Is it cheap playing that way? I only play it if I am having a losing season to get thru the season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2018, 07:45 PM   #2
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Play the Moments in CFM. Anyone plays it?

Many play it. I've played it often if I was doing a CFM where I was focusing more on building the roster up. It's also good if you don't have the time/patience to play out the full season yet want to go deeper into a CFM.
Old 01-25-2018, 11:06 PM   #3
Rookie

VTWiseGuy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMJOHNS18
Many play it. I've played it often if I was doing a CFM where I was focusing more on building the roster up. It's also good if you don't have the time/patience to play out the full season yet want to go deeper into a CFM.
Thanks!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-26-2018, 01:02 PM   #4
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTWiseGuy
Is it cheap playing that way? I only play it if I am having a losing season to get thru the season.
This is the only way I play. Have since the implemented it last year. I honestly think it is more difficult overall because you have to build your team up and can't just rely on stick skills. If your team is garbage the sim parts will get you. Plus you can play so many more seasons this way.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 01-26-2018, 02:29 PM   #5
Rookie

cp22's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg3782
This is the only way I play. Have since the implemented it last year. I honestly think it is more difficult overall because you have to build your team up and can't just rely on stick skills. If your team is garbage the sim parts will get you. Plus you can play so many more seasons this way.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Only way I play as well. I also agree with everything tdawg said. You really need to build your team well because the Simulation will punish your team if they are bad.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2018, 09:59 AM   #6
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

I don't use it anymore because I stopped playing offline CFM. Frankly, the computer is stupid, and a 32-man CFM is far more of an intellectual challenge. Yes, it's true it'll be less sim overall because there's such a wide range of skill levels, but it's far more satisfying.

However, until this last month when I joined my first online CFM, I was playing exclusively single player CFM, and I used PtM extensively to accelerate my progress.

Here were my rules, intended to ensure that I was in control of any important plays.

There are 3 levels through which I progress in a given game; Full User Control, Key User Control, and Play the Moments.

Full user control means I am controlling every snap. Every game begins this way, but has the potential to progress to one of the others.

Key user control means I'm controlling key plays and manually simming play-by-play through others. Key plays are the following; the opening offensive drive for both teams, all 3rd and 4th downs, all red zone plays, all plays backed up inside the 10, all sudden change scenarios (i.e. the full drive following any turnover), the last 2 minutes of the 1st half, the last 5 minutes of the 2nd half (13 min. qtrs w/ 20 second run down).

Play the Moments- Just play the moments, though never on fast because circumstances might change so I have to jump back in suddenly.

So I split my games up into 4 categories; Playoff games, divisional games, conference games, inter-conference games.

For playoff games, it's 100% play. Never sim.

For divisional games, I begin with Full User Control, switch to Key User Control when there is a 17-point difference, and switch to Play the Moments at 21 points.

For Conference games, thresholds are lowered to 10 points and 17 points.

For Interconference games, thresholds are lowered further to 7 points and 10 points.

I probably end up user-controlling 60%-70% of the seasons snaps this way, and I know that the result of a given game is almost entirely in my hands, even if the total stats for the season are not.

I'll adjust the point thresholds or make other slight adjustments for lost seasons, but I'll make adjustments the other way when it makes sense. For example, if it's week 17 and I need a win to get in, I'll count that as a playoff game. If it's week 15 and I'm a game back of homefield and playing a non-division game against the current leader, I'll call that a divisional game instead of a conference game. In other words, what I consider a "divisional" game morphs as the season goes on, including teams I'm competing against for playoff positioning.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.

Last edited by adembroski; 01-27-2018 at 10:04 AM.
Old 01-28-2018, 02:15 PM   #7
MVP

scitychamps87's Arena

OVR: 3

I love using play the moments for games I find to be "non-critical" in my CFM. I also find it to be quite helpful in making sure your CFM stays somewhat realistic. In other words, if you played every game there's a remote chance you could make the playoffs with the 2017 Browns. If you use play the moment it will be a much harder feat to "over perform" your roster. It helps me focus on roster building, being a GM, keeping things realistic, and also making sure the season feels like less of a grind while still having an impact on it. I still usually play every divisional game, playoff game, primetime game, or game I find interesting. But it is nice to use when you're playing a league bottom feeder.

Sent from my XT1650 using Operation Sports mobile app
--5 Time Stanley Cup Champions--
Old 01-28-2018, 08:30 PM   #8
Rookie

VTWiseGuy's Arena

Thanks everybody for the input. I will may start playing all my Div. Games, PTM the out of conference games, and play all of my playoff games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »