Home

ESPN Signs Exclusive Multi-Year Deal with EA To Broadcast Madden eSports Competitions

This is a discussion on ESPN Signs Exclusive Multi-Year Deal with EA To Broadcast Madden eSports Competitions within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 01-29-2018, 03:51 PM   #41
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: ESPN Signs Exclusive Multi-Year Deal with EA To Broadcast Madden eSports Competit

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
For the 1st time I watched the last few minutes of the latest Comp Tourney.

Guy runs same two slant plays to the right for incomplete passes, then same play to the left for a touchdown to win.

1st thing comes to my mind is how the AI players make no adjustment to stop the same exact play being run 3 times in a row.

As the PAT is attempted, I’m like man that kick meter is running very slow.

Slow like it does on Rookie and Pro difficulty levels.

If these are the best Madden players, why are they not competing on the games most difficult level so that the other 10 AI players aren’t abuse?

Some kickers have a Skill that slows down the kick meter. It’s called like clutch kicker or something. That’s why it was slow. It makes the meter as slow as pro or rookie. Some of the players (Problem did) had that. The competitive games are all played on All Pro difficulty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2018, 04:03 PM   #42
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: ESPN Signs Exclusive Multi-Year Deal with EA To Broadcast Madden eSports Competit

I actually like watching the broadcasted Madden tournaments like these. The production is good. I like the announcers. The gameplay gets repetitive but the games are real short and it’s a video game.

The problem I have with this deal is that I hope it doesn’t mean that even less time and resources will be going to Franchise and sim style.

The writing is on the wall. Madden 18 showed me that franchise/sim players are not a top priority. They say we are and say this and say that but I look at actions. The advertising focus, money, and most info from Tiberon is competitive and MuT focused.

Even the focus franchise gets is mostly for online franchise. I’m glad for that since I am a online franchise player but if they would really make solo franchise a huge focus I would have reason to play more solo franchise. As it is right now the terrible cpu play calling a qb play make it so hard to get a challenge unless you go All Madden. Then you still have bad cpu play calling and cpu qb play but it just ramps up the difficulty to give and challenge and you spend too much time trying to get balanced gameplay.

Clearly single player franchise is the last priority for EA. They rarely touch cpu play calling and QB play. They did very little with franchise itself. They seem to have no interest in fixing sliders or expanding them. It seems real like this will give even more reason to continue to barely touch single player franchise.

So until proven otherwise I fear I’m a dying breed when it comes to Madden. I hope I’m wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-29-2018, 04:54 PM   #43
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

OVR: 0

I love watching esports. Starcraft, mobas, Overwatch, CSGO. A lot of cool esports to choose from.

Watching pro Madden tournaments is awful. I can't make it 5 minutes. Just a bad, bad viewing experience. Madden will never, ever become a legitimate esport.

Commissioner
After Work Football League
(Xbox Series S/X)
AWFL Discord
AWFL Daddyleagues
Old 01-29-2018, 07:27 PM   #44
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
Some kickers have a Skill that slows down the kick meter. It’s called like clutch kicker or something. That’s why it was slow. It makes the meter as slow as pro or rookie. Some of the players (Problem did) had that. The competitive games are all played on All Pro difficulty
And those kickers have a higher cap hit, whihc means the players are sacrificing elsewhere on their rosters to have them.

Watched that brat kid get smoked by Skimbo today. When he scored a TD to make it a one score game, he started screaming at Skimbo to do something stupid. And then the kid proceeded to miss his XP!

Later, Bucky saw his 17-0 lead disappear, only to hit a FG to put himself up over Point. Point drove himself into FG position, only to shank a kick.

I watched via Twitch, and was grttingthe full games. The commentators were okay, but I still feel like we need to be given much more information. I want to see how each guy set up his roster, and where they invested most of there cap points.

Skimbo had Jamaal charles, and they did mention that this was the Gold version, and was only a 78 OVR. It would be nice to see how much they invest on their OLs and such.

And the Jamal Charles things does highlight a problem with this going on TV. I'd much prefer more legends for extra content than multiple versions of the same card. It would make things easier for the viewer, even ones familiar with MUT, to be able to know how good a player is, by who he is, rather than needing to see his card to learn which version.

Another thing I noticed is that these guys really use the coaching adjustments, and tend to go really conservative. Lots of receivers going down on catches over the middle, which avoids the big hits coming.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »