Home

Online quick game quitters

This is a discussion on Online quick game quitters within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-28-2018, 04:02 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Online quick game quitters

Is everyone a quitter when they lose???? I have not finished 1 game. I just started to play online today for first time and have had 5 quitters. Bunch a babies!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2018, 09:01 PM   #2
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Online quick game quitters

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripp1p
Is everyone a quitter when they lose???? I have not finished 1 game. I just started to play online today for first time and have had 5 quitters. Bunch a babies!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I quit any time I encounter gameplay that is unrealistic, even when I am winning. If some dipsht runs the same play over and over, or goes for it on fourth and 8 in the first quarter, I’m done. I play sim football only, and I don’t give two shts about my w/l record or quit rate. I will never finish a game with someone who plays arcade ball.
Old 02-23-2018, 03:01 PM   #3
Rookie

I recently started playing online, and it's hilarious how many people give up, even if it's just one score. They'll go for it on 4th down on my side of the field, won't get it, and then quit. Or throw an INT and quit. And I'm happy as can be with a W while thinking "I could have totally thrown an INT or fumbled on the next play."

I've never quit a game. And I've won a LOT of games when I was down 14+. I almost think the game will reward people for finishing. Plus, it allows me to try and figure out why I'm struggling and how do I overcome it, so I end up a better player.

Plus, I know it bugs the piss out of someone that I won't quit, lol, because I know they want to get on to their next game.
Old 02-24-2018, 12:26 PM   #4
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

Jeez, then why play online? Most get upset with video games that dont go their way. So somebody goes for on 4th down in the first quarter? Yeah its not realistic(though Marty Shottenhiemer did that in the playoffs on 4th and 11 in the first QTR) but your playing a video game!!
This is why i DONT play online. Whiners on both sides.
I recently played a offline game against the CPU and my QB had a 4 INT game, three returned for TDs and i didn't quit. I won in OT. Hec it was 14-0 after my first two series. I just keep going.

Last edited by Rayzaa; 02-24-2018 at 12:33 PM.
Old 02-28-2018, 11:07 AM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzaa
Jeez, then why play online? Most get upset with video games that dont go their way. So somebody goes for on 4th down in the first quarter? Yeah its not realistic(though Marty Shottenhiemer did that in the playoffs on 4th and 11 in the first QTR) but your playing a video game!!
This is why i DONT play online. Whiners on both sides.
I recently played a offline game against the CPU and my QB had a 4 INT game, three returned for TDs and i didn't quit. I won in OT. Hec it was 14-0 after my first two series. I just keep going.
Because I have an almost xenophobic disgust for people who ruin Madden by playing tecmo bowl with it. If they played it like football, a larger portion of EAs customer base would want a football simulation, and the result would be a much greater prioritization of football simulation and far less concern about “bling” football by EA Tiburon.

In short, I throw up in my mouth every time I play someone who does something blatantly unsim.

But I understand that not everyone here at Operstion Sports want Madden to be a football simulation. Some of the people here like arcade “bling” football.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2018, 11:41 AM   #6
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
Because I have an almost xenophobic disgust for people who ruin Madden by playing tecmo bowl with it. If they played it like football, a larger portion of EAs customer base would want a football simulation, and the result would be a much greater prioritization of football simulation and far less concern about “bling” football by EA Tiburon.

In short, I throw up in my mouth every time I play someone who does something blatantly unsim.

But I understand that not everyone here at Operstion Sports want Madden to be a football simulation. Some of the people here like arcade “bling” football.
But your ok when you play offline and the CPU punts on 4th and one when down by 14 in the 4th quarter? That's realistic? Maybe you are just OCD.
Old 02-28-2018, 11:58 AM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzaa
But your ok when you play offline and the CPU punts on 4th and one when down by 14 in the 4th quarter? That's realistic? Maybe you are just OCD.
Absolutely not. It infuriates me, just like when there is 4 minutes left and they are down by 20 and they take their sweet time instead of run hurry up.

It frustrates me to no end. But the AI doesn’t make a conscious, deliberate choice. It’s just a programming flaw. But when a human does this sort of thing it is ten times worse, because they know better.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »