Home

Microsoft May Buy EA - What Could This Mean for Sports Games?

This is a discussion on Microsoft May Buy EA - What Could This Mean for Sports Games? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 02-01-2018, 08:44 AM   #73
MVP

Chiefsfan881129's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Microsoft May Buy EA - What Could This Mean for Sports Games?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowerWolf
I would think a Microsoft-owned EA would go Xbox exclusive.

Edit: How many people bought a PS4 just for The Show? Madden is bigger and more popular than The Show. It would be huge for Xbox to essentially own football gaming.
Nope it wouldn't & won't happen plus Microsoft is Evil they try to buy out everything to ruin the market which is why I'll never support them..

EA won't do it because Madden Belongs on all consoles it's not our fault Microsoft doesn't make A baseball game they do have that option since there is no exclusivity on it.. Microsoft just refuses to make a baseball game so if people want one on Xbox contact Microsoft they can easily make one like Sony does.

However Madden will remain on ps4 & all consoles so I wouldn't worry there.

Besides there is no way in hell that the NFL would only allow a product as huge as Madden only be allowed to be made on one system because they would lose billions & NFL only cares about making $$$$

Seriously the NFL would strip EA of the License before they would allow that to happen too much $$$ to be made which they would lose..

so sorry But Madden will never be exclusive to just 1 system.

Have a good weekend..

Sent from my SM-G920T using Operation Sports mobile app

Kansas #1 KC ChiefsFan!
Kansas #1 KU Basketball Fan!
Kansas #1 Boston Redsox Fan!
Kansas #1 K-State Football Fan!
Kansas #1 OKC Thunder Fan!

Home Of Madden Cover Barry Sanders! Go Chiefs!

Last edited by Chiefsfan881129; 02-01-2018 at 09:02 AM.
Old 02-01-2018, 09:14 AM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefsfan881129
Nope it wouldn't & won't happen plus Microsoft is Evil they try to buy out everything to ruin the market which is why I'll never support them..

EA won't do it because Madden Belongs on all consoles it's not our fault Microsoft doesn't make A baseball game they do have that option since there is no exclusivity on it.. Microsoft just refuses to make a baseball game so if people want one on Xbox contact Microsoft they can easily make one like Sony does.

However Madden will remain on ps4 & all consoles so I wouldn't worry there.

Besides there is no way in hell that the NFL would only allow a product as huge as Madden only be allowed to be made on one system because they would lose billions & NFL only cares about making $$$$

Seriously the NFL would strip EA of the License before they would allow that to happen too much $$$ to be made which they would lose..

so sorry But Madden will never be exclusive to just 1 system.

Have a good weekend..

Sent from my SM-G920T using Operation Sports mobile app
I don't understand why everyone keeps saying the NFL would lose money this way.
The exclusive license is a straight cash payment, does NOT depend on sales at all.
The NFL doesn't give a rats behind how well or poorly Madden sells, they got their money, and they'll keep getting it as long as EA fears competition.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
Old 02-01-2018, 09:44 AM   #75
Rookie

JayhawkerStL's Arena

Quote:
Nope it wouldn't & won't happen plus Microsoft is Evil [/url]

Stopped reading right here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

----

"I think a lot of the anger some fans have toward video games they fear will disappoint them are rooted in unrelated desires for basic existential validation. And I get that. But no video game (or movie, or book, or song) is ever going to fill that hole." - Arthur Gies
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2018, 12:29 PM   #76
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

Quote:
Nope it wouldn't & won't happen plus Microsoft is Evil they try to buy out everything to ruin the market which is why I'll never support them
Origin, Bullfrog and Maxis wanted to say hello.
Old 02-02-2018, 10:28 AM   #77
MVP

Nunyerbiz's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykelmosinee
The exclusive license is a straight cash payment, does NOT depend on sales at all.
The NFL doesn't give a rats behind how well or poorly Madden sells, they got their money, and they'll keep getting it as long as EA fears competition.
I have no evidence to refute this... But holy hell... if they didn't negotiate royalties for each unit sold above and beyond the flat fee, then NFL licensing lawyers are goddamn idiots.
Old 02-03-2018, 04:04 PM   #78
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
If that happened, the NFL would have to tear up the exclusive license with MS and declare the NFL gaming market isn't exclusive anymore and sign everyone to newer contracts and charge more for the license

I agree with Deuce, I just don't see Madden just exclusive with MS if this rumor ever pans out.

I would love if this happened tho. I game on the PS4 and abhor the current madden. If this deal would allow a PlayStation made football game by the makers of The Show. It would be a win in my book.

Id happily be willing to give up every EA game on the PlayStation if that happened. But it wont.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »