Home

Name the one Franchise feature you want added the most

This is a discussion on Name the one Franchise feature you want added the most within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-31-2018, 11:45 PM   #25
MVP

Toupal's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Name the one Franchise feature you want added the most

Customization

Draft classes
Coaches
Uniforms
Faces
Players
Anything that can be edited
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2018, 12:33 AM   #26
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10

The ability to toggle ratings off or from numerical to alphabetical. If alphabetical make it similar to the scouting grades that represent a range.
Old 02-01-2018, 12:39 AM   #27
Banned

I posted earlier on this but really my number one would be a much better relocation system with more customization. Authentic looking stadiums, with authentic looking uniforms, and a more diverse group of team names. Rfas 5th year options would be a close 2nd. Coordinators also high. So many upgrades to choose from hard to narrow it down to just one.

Last edited by truedat79; 02-01-2018 at 12:48 AM.
Old 02-01-2018, 01:05 AM   #28
MVP

Man, it's so hard to pick just one.

In my opinion, there are three big shortcomings in Franchise Mode that need to be addressed.

1. Coaching Staffs
Although it would be cool to have position coaches too, we need, at the bare minimum, coordinator positions to add depth to the coaching staff aspect of CFM. Coach firings and coaching searches are some biggest real life stories every January (outside of the playoffs, of course) and it's a shame that this isn't reflected in Madden. Each assistant coach would come with certain boosts (and, possibly, detriments) for certain position groups and fit the scheme of the head coach. There also needs to be a system that keeps the pool of NFL coaches fresh. For example, after getting fired from a head coaching position, say, twice in four years, that coach can only be a coordinator from that point forward. Going two seasons without being employed at all would result in being removed from the coaching pool entirely ("back to the college ranks", so to speak). There would also be a system that would weigh age and success in regards to coaches retiring. Ideally, we'd also have full editing of coaches (name, appearance, attire, playbooks, etc.). Hopefully, CPU play calling would receive improvements as well.

2. Historical Stat Tracking
Player cards need to be expanded to include complete transaction and injury histories. Also, the career stats screen on them need to include the team he played for in each season, and the season stats screen needs to list weekly opponents and be presented in chronological order. There also needs to be a general archive for previous seasons' Super Bowl winners, standings, award winners, etc..

3. News
One of my favorite ideas from DeuceDouglas' infamous CFM overhaul was a menu ticker that would be dedicated solely to the happenings of your league (scores from the previous week, next week's matchups, injuries, stat leaders, transactions, etc.). Ideally, this would be combined with a weekly video wrap up show (in the vein of NFL 2K5 or M10/M11) or radio show (in the vein of MLB: The Show or M05-M07). This ticker having NFL Network branding could also add another degree of realism/immersion.

If I was forced to pick just one for M19, I think I'd go with coaching staffs (with stat tracking being a very close second). Perhaps it's becauase we're just exiting coaching search season, but the added depth that assistant coaches would bring to the mode seems invaluable. To illustrate, here's an excerpt from Jon Gruden's introductory press conference where he talks about his three coordinator hirings and what each coach bring to the table.
MLS: San Jose Earthquakes
EPL: Brentford FC

RIP San Francisco Deltas | 2017 NASL Champions
Old 02-01-2018, 08:30 AM   #29
Rookie

War Daddy Rambo's Arena

• Custom Draft Classes
  • Coaching Staffs
  • Custom Teams
  • ESPN football Weekly Highlights
  • College Football!

Draft class customization is an obvious choice.

Would like to see a full coaching staff w/ detailed coaching history. At the very least bring back the OC, DC, and ST. Personally would love a simplified Positional Coaches (QB, RB, WR, OL, DL, LB, DB, etc) but I would settle for OC, DC, and ST.

Customized teams - a lot of Madden's standard relocation team choices are horrendous. Would be cool to be able to customize the entire league.

What was the point of buying ESPN football?

Just stop jerking us around and bring back College Football.

oh, and this isn't an addition. But can we remove MUT? This micro-transaction nonsense may be great for 'business' but it's absolutely terrible for game development.
Old 02-01-2018, 09:20 AM   #30
Rookie

Mine's pretty easy and straightforward. Fix the freaking weather and the wind. It's ridiculous that we're in 2018 now and they STILL can't get such a simple thing corrected.
I just got screwed in a CFM game against Seattle because when I need to get the ball back in the 4th quarter, their punter kicked the ball 83 YARDS...83!! pinned me at my 4 yard line when I SHOULD have been somewhere near the 40/50 yard line.
Trash!
And as the Packers, I have 90% of what should be snow games played in fall like weather.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
Old 02-01-2018, 10:49 AM   #31
Rookie

jerseycityarod23's Arena

I wish they brought back the coordinators like in madden 04. I know it’s a coaching association kinda thing, but I think that would be really cool
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2018, 10:55 AM   #32
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
Improved cpu roster management logic
I second this. I want the COU to know they just drafted a young QB who may only be 75-78 ovr and not look to replace him the following year. Also better algorithm to figure out who the starter should be. No 39 year old, 78 rated Joe Flacco starting over 22 year old rookie, 77 ovr John Smith. Just a way for the cpu to evaluate potential ovr based on age, dev, etc. This would make the league so much more dynamic.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »