Home

User catches on deep ball

This is a discussion on User catches on deep ball within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-04-2018, 04:22 PM   #1
Rookie

dmoney761's Arena

OVR: 1
User catches on deep ball

I have Hopkins in my franchise and having trouble consistently reeling in deep shots when there's 1 on 1 coverage. What's the best way to go about it when attempting a user grab? I feel like I should be having a higher success rate given all his stats are 90's. Thanks in advance!

Last edited by dmoney761; 02-04-2018 at 04:24 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2018, 05:13 PM   #2
Pro

JayCutlersCig's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: User catches on deep ball

Adjust the speed parity, first, I usually play with mine set to 40-45. You’ll notice a huge difference in separation and the ability to use RAC catches. Otherwise? Pressing ‘Y’ is pretty much pointless. I think M18 has the opposite problem in comparison to M16 in that “Aggressive Catch” almost never accomplishes anything.
Old 02-04-2018, 05:25 PM   #3
Rookie

dmoney761's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCutlersCig
Adjust the speed parity, first, I usually play with mine set to 40-45. You’ll notice a huge difference in separation and the ability to use RAC catches. Otherwise? Pressing ‘Y’ is pretty much pointless. I think M18 has the opposite problem in comparison to M16 in that “Aggressive Catch” almost never accomplishes anything.
So if not aggressive catch, what should I be pressing for a guy like Hopkins?
Old 02-04-2018, 05:45 PM   #4
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Imo, regardless of the wr, it all depends on how the D is playing u, where is the DB when u throw, etc. I guess I’m saying it’s all about positioning. And, ultimately, it’s sort of a feel u get used to.

If it’s 1v1, and u beat a press and are open with 2+ steps on the DB, I would use X RAC catch.

If the DB is on top of you not giving u the deep shot, but u throw it anyways, if the qb throws it short, u should be able to A Possession Catch it. But, if the qb overthrows it, u gotta try Y Aggressive Catch to battle for it.

But, overall, maybe due to his lack of height, if u had to pick a catch type at any random moment, I have a feeling that A Poss Catch is your bet. But, again, if u do get over the top of the DB and your qb throws in stride, X would let u catch and keep going.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-04-2018, 10:12 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmoney761
So if not aggressive catch, what should I be pressing for a guy like Hopkins?

You should only aggressive catch when throwing over the middle and you know the safeties have a chance at the ball. Otherwise rac catch or possession if you are throwing into tight windows

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2018, 11:50 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCutlersCig
i recently found out you have to hold the button throughout the entire catch for it to work.

i get a lot less dropped passes now.
Old 02-23-2018, 02:55 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogunreaper
i recently found out you have to hold the button throughout the entire catch for it to work.

What? Where did you see this? That's interesting, and also logical.
Old 02-23-2018, 04:59 PM   #8
Pro

Devaster's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogunreaper

I also found out the same. When you hold down the pass mechanic button it changes and locks into whichever button you are holding. So if the receiver isn't normally going to use the RAC/AGG catch but you hold the button it changes to that mechanic and locks it in. Otherwise you get the receiver doing stupid things.

Now I can make catches over the middle without always dropping the ball on the slightest hit by initiating the possession catch. And have my receiver catch balls in-stride with the RAC catch instead of that stupid jump animation where the defender always bear hugs the receiver and breaks up the catch.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »