Home

After Super Bowl concerns for Madden...

This is a discussion on After Super Bowl concerns for Madden... within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 02-05-2018, 11:17 PM   #9
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: After Super Bowl concerns for Madden...

If EA could work at streamlining animations, such as the cuts DBs use to follow a receiver on their breaks, that would help a little. The DBs generally look lost and less than professional athletes as they stumble through cuts.

I do believe that observing the key points of the playoffs and Super Bowl will help identify some additions, however big or small, which we can look forward to experiencing in the next Madden.

I hope EA noticed that during the Super bowl, the commentators took time to identify the excellence of both the Patriots offensive line coach, Dante Scarnecchia and defensive coordinator, Matt Patricia and their importance to the team.

As mentioned by many here, we would like coordinators at least, and I believe this could, or should, bring more flexibility and/or options to both sides of the ball; while also bringing in a new level of training, game planning and scouting.
Old 02-06-2018, 08:25 AM   #10
Rookie

cuoreceltico's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkerStL
I sometimes wonder if sim gamers even watch current day sports anymore. It seems like they just want the games to reflect the gameplay of their childhood.
Defensive Holding still called today sir.
Old 02-06-2018, 09:36 AM   #11
Rookie

eh thats just because brady was in it, and of course he's going to tear up defenses.

the problem was his own defense was **** and couldn't stop anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
The phrase, "defense wins championships" was not on display yesterday.
Really? Because imo that one defensive play that caused brady to fumble is what sealed the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2018, 02:26 PM   #12
Rookie

JayhawkerStL's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuoreceltico
Defensive Holding still called today sir.
Touché.

Of course, in the Super Bowl, defensive holding was called exactly one time. And even then, it was a bogus call. Just sayin'.

----

"I think a lot of the anger some fans have toward video games they fear will disappoint them are rooted in unrelated desires for basic existential validation. And I get that. But no video game (or movie, or book, or song) is ever going to fill that hole." - Arthur Gies
Old 02-06-2018, 04:14 PM   #13
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogunreaper

Really? Because imo that one defensive play that caused brady to fumble is what sealed the game.
Oh sure, you could say that was one play, but the most yards ever in a post season game ever? Plus, you could say the OL gave up a sack and a fumble, too.

There wasn't many defensive plays made overall in that game.
Old 02-06-2018, 05:50 PM   #14
MVP

cable guy's Arena

OVR: 12

A defensive Play, sealed the game. One of very few.

Anyway, there is more offense in the NFL today. I have no problem with that. We want the cpu offense to challenge us.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 02-06-2018, 08:57 PM   #15
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

It may be fun to watch a high scoring game, for many people. In Madden it just gets frustrating when there are more options on offense than there are on defense to counter what the offense is doing.

Essentially, the lack of control is the frustrating part. Granted, a semi-shutdown defense can be achieved; I have seen a number of games from competitive players where defense was solid, to a degree. But those all involved USERing a player, as opposed to coaching players.

Even so, most of the best defenses are just a few key plays that have the logic that happens to be "that good" and of course many people flock to those key plays...

Granted, there are fads in the NFL, so Madden does represent that, whether on purpose or not. The ability to create an effective defense or offense is nearly non-existent..What Madden allows is for people to "find" the most effective play(s). IMO..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2018, 01:17 AM   #16
Rookie

JayhawkerStL's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S

Granted, there are fads in the NFL, so Madden does represent that, whether on purpose or not. The ability to create an effective defense or offense is nearly non-existent..What Madden allows is for people to "find" the most effective play(s). IMO..
Meh...

There are plenty of defensive plays and tools to stop any offensive play. It comes down to understanding what your opponent is going to do and what the best method is to stop it. There is a reason why the winner of Madden tourneys isn't just a random guy that runs all the same plays as everyone else. Running still sets up thyme pass, or vice versa. Managing the game clock still matters.

Gameplay and such may not be sim, but the reason the so many gamers do like the game is that is still a fun competitive game. Truth be told, the competitive guys think it is just as lame of a sim as you do. But it is still fun, and rewards skill and strategy.

----

"I think a lot of the anger some fans have toward video games they fear will disappoint them are rooted in unrelated desires for basic existential validation. And I get that. But no video game (or movie, or book, or song) is ever going to fill that hole." - Arthur Gies

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »