Home

Trading for rookies several years into Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on Trading for rookies several years into Franchise Mode within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-07-2018, 08:41 AM   #1
Rookie

miamifan1997's Arena

OVR: 8
Trading for rookies several years into Franchise Mode

Haven't been able to find this anywhere.

I'm about 5 years into a franchise mode, and there is a rookie QB that was drafted to another team that I wanted. He is an 81 overall with Superstar development. I tried trading my 86 overall 22 year old QB, my 90 overall 24 year old Center, and my 90 overall 24 year old MLB. All of my players have quick development and are positions of need for the other team.

When I offer the trade of all 3 players for this 1 QB, the trade meter doesn't even get into the yellow. Seems bizzare, I'm offering a younger quarterback with a higher rating (the rookie fits my scheme better), and 2 studs in positions of need, and they aren't even close on accepting it.

Anyone have any ideas or ran into this?
NHL - Bruins
NCAAF and NCAAB - UCF!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2018, 08:43 AM   #2
Rookie

mjd113's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Trading for rookies several years into Franchise Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamifan1997
Haven't been able to find this anywhere.

I'm about 5 years into a franchise mode, and there is a rookie QB that was drafted to another team that I wanted. He is an 81 overall with Superstar development. I tried trading my 86 overall 22 year old QB, my 90 overall 24 year old Center, and my 90 overall 24 year old MLB. All of my players have quick development and are positions of need for the other team.

When I offer the trade of all 3 players for this 1 QB, the trade meter doesn't even get into the yellow. Seems bizzare, I'm offering a younger quarterback with a higher rating (the rookie fits my scheme better), and 2 studs in positions of need, and they aren't even close on accepting it.

Anyone have any ideas or ran into this?

Good. Teams shouldn’t trade their rookies.
Old 02-07-2018, 11:23 AM   #3
Rookie

bryan_nelson88's Arena

Did you unlock the trade negotiator trait for your coach, or whatever it's called? That helps.

Completely agree about not wanting to trade for rookies though. Unless you're trying to re-create the whole Eli Manning/Phillip Rivers debacle.

My buddy tries to trade his older, higher OVR guys for high OVR rookies during our franchise and I want to punch him in the face.
Old 02-07-2018, 11:26 AM   #4
Rookie

A change this year was to make it harder to trade with CPU for rookies. You have to be willing to overpay and even then it can’t alway be done.

Be patient- they are only a rookie for a year - try again next season and the price will have come down
Old 02-07-2018, 02:29 PM   #5
Sim or Nothing

SpectreBugg's Arena

OVR: 2

81 ovr superstar qb, probably drafted in the 1st round.. it makes sense that they would have little interest in giving him up. If you want him that bad just create a coach for that player and manually make the trade, assuming you don't care much about realism.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2018, 04:51 PM   #6
Rookie

mjd113's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan_nelson88
Did you unlock the trade negotiator trait for your coach, or whatever it's called? That helps.

Completely agree about not wanting to trade for rookies though. Unless you're trying to re-create the whole Eli Manning/Phillip Rivers debacle.

My buddy tries to trade his older, higher OVR guys for high OVR rookies during our franchise and I want to punch him in the face.

My brother is the kind of guy that starts a CFM as the Chargers and trades Rivers for Desean Watson and Travis (freaking) Benjamin for John Ross..
Old 02-07-2018, 05:31 PM   #7
Rookie

Ruben2424's Arena

That QB is most likely a top 1st round pick and a future franchise QB so I say it's pretty realistic that they wouldn't want to give him up regardless of what you're offering. You're offering WAAAYYY too much for a rookie in my opinion. Why would you want to give up a young (high overall) QB, a solid foundation to your O-line, and a core piece of your defense for 1 rookie anyways???
NCAA: Florida State Seminoles
NHL: Florida Panthers
Old 02-07-2018, 09:00 PM   #8
Banned

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4

As many others have not, the NFL is not a "trade" happy league, so this situation is more or less realistic.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »