Home

Madden NFL 18 Patch Available Now, Patch Notes Here

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 18 Patch Available Now, Patch Notes Here within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 02-10-2018, 11:14 PM   #73
MVP

Nunyerbiz's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Madden NFL 18 Patch Available Now, Patch Notes Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMJOHNS18
Adding limitations to the number of offer/counter offers too would be cool.

One thing missing from trades and FA is consideration time. We kinda get that during the season with extensions, but it's more about just upping the offer until they accept. In FA some guys wait to sign, but only if you low-ball and no other team bids on them.

Unlike in User CFMs, in offline GMs (or players) don't 'mull over' offers. It's a point blank Yes/No situation. I like how The Show had a setting that would have the CPU respond at a later time.

Also be nice if you low-balled the CPU too much they would cut off talks completely. Add a little relationship dynamic between teams, some make it tough to trade with, others you build up relations and you can get discounts/more even trades.
I like the idea of an offer / counter offer dynamic... I think it can be done with basically the current trade logic, just ditch the trade interest bar and replace it with text responses.

Offer a crappy "red" trade, CPU GM replies with "This is a joke right? Call me back when you aren't going to waste my time. *click*". Maybe a dice roll can be placed here where that team won't entertain your offers until the following week... I personally find that silly, GMs exist to listen to offers... don't think they would ignore any communication from a fellow GM because you hurt their feelings or whatnot... but I can understand people wanting it from a gameplay mechanic perspective.

Offer a respectable "yellow" trade, CPU GM makes a counter offer or asks you to submit an improved offer based on some dice roll. This CPU counter offer might be more than they'd accept in the end... they might be trying to roll you.... if you played hardball and re-submitted the same offer maybe they fold... but I would think almost all the logic required for the AI is already in place in today's game.

Offer a good "green" trade, CPU accepts or tries to weasel just a bit more out of you... depending on a dice roll.

In all three cases, you'd either be rejected, be accepted or have to go back to the drawing board to one degree or another. Not terribly more complex in the AI department, but more interactive for the user... just having counter offers would be a huge improvement.
Old 02-11-2018, 12:04 AM   #74
MVP

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkerStL
My favorite part of the patch is the addition of Madden Ultimate League tab to the Ultimate Team mode. Itís suddenly become easier to follow the competitive community.

Checked it out today and they are showing the first games of the league. Itís actually pretty good presentation. Plus, it will be easier for folks to check out the mode for themselves, which should begin to debunk this notion of guys running two plays over and over.
Anyone else that's interested in the competitive side or looking to get into it should check out @CompMaddenStats as well. They tweet out a bunch of stats and information that you don't really get during the broadcast and are usually pretty quick at posting playcall spreadsheets after the game showing the plays called, yards gained, and result.

They also have a bunch of player and matchup spotlight type stuff like this:

Old 02-11-2018, 12:38 AM   #75
MVP

scitychamps87's Arena

OVR: 3

Does anyone feel as if CPU run game is better post patch as well as CPU QB accuracy?? After playing almost a whole season of CFM post patch this is my impression

Sent from my XT1650 using Operation Sports mobile app
--5 Time Stanley Cup Champions--
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2018, 04:10 AM   #76
Pro

OVR: 2

I agree 100 % with an earlier post about the weather. I mean seriously, Year after year. How frigging hard is it to get it even close. Playing Det in Chi late in November.. Hot beautiful sunshine day. Everyone in Tee shirts.. How ridiculous. Anyone ever been to Chi in late November. I mean come on EA..

2 complete franchise seasons and not even 1 snow game. I think I had 2 rain games in 32 games. But the good news is no matter where I played on those beautiful days, I sure didn't have a problem getting winds up to 16 mph.... Seriously how hard can it be to fix this, How can you make a FB game without the weather being a small factor.

Year after year we ask for the weather and wind to be corrected only to see EA ignore it. The show gets it right, The TGC2 lets you set the weather to a degree, Snow games are a big part of the NFL. It's just another if its in the game, It's not in Madden. Thank God Hockey is played indoors on frozen Ice because if It was outdoors and EA made it, They would be playing in swimming pools.
Old 02-11-2018, 05:47 AM   #77
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleveCluby
I agree 100 % with an earlier post about the weather. I mean seriously, Year after year. How frigging hard is it to get it even close. Playing Det in Chi late in November.. Hot beautiful sunshine day. Everyone in Tee shirts.. How ridiculous. Anyone ever been to Chi in late November. I mean come on EA..

2 complete franchise seasons and not even 1 snow game. I think I had 2 rain games in 32 games. But the good news is no matter where I played on those beautiful days, I sure didn't have a problem getting winds up to 16 mph.... Seriously how hard can it be to fix this, How can you make a FB game without the weather being a small factor.

Year after year we ask for the weather and wind to be corrected only to see EA ignore it. The show gets it right, The TGC2 lets you set the weather to a degree, Snow games are a big part of the NFL. It's just another if its in the game, It's not in Madden. Thank God Hockey is played indoors on frozen Ice because if It was outdoors and EA made it, They would be playing in swimming pools.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...1712030chi.htm

December 3rd. 49ers at Bears. Sunny. 54 degrees.

EDIT-
2 of their last 4 home games were 40 degrees or higher (54). But to be fair the other two were 33 and 24. Still, that's only one game below freezing, which obviously is a requirement for snow.

Last edited by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞; 02-11-2018 at 05:50 AM.
Old 02-11-2018, 06:19 AM   #78
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
https://www.pro-football-reference.c...1712030chi.htm

December 3rd. 49ers at Bears. Sunny. 54 degrees.

EDIT-
2 of their last 4 home games were 40 degrees or higher (54). But to be fair the other two were 33 and 24. Still, that's only one game below freezing, which obviously is a requirement for snow.
You can't seriously be saying Madden gets weather right, can you?? I agree with the post you quoted...I'm from Wisconsin, NO WAY should I be playing late season and playoff games without snow 90% of the time!
And the wind...I had the computer nail an 83 yard punt near the end of a close game...83 yards, and over 70 yards in the air. Takes the field position battle equation out of the game.
It's ridiculous, shows incompetence if they can't even get these basic, yet vitally important, parts of the game at least close to being right.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
Old 02-11-2018, 06:24 AM   #79
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGreatOne21
Every patch, major fixes/additions to MUT....virtually nothing to improve franchise.

Not at all surprised at this point, but its still infuriating.
Agreed. The whole premise of EA asking for "wish lists" for CFM are simply marketing ploys to keep people thinking maybe "this will be the year they listen".
They know, and have known for years and years what we want...shouldn't have to even ask at this point.
It's all smoke and mirrors...trying to get just 1 more purchase out of us. I bought used this year, and unless something earth shattering happens for Madden 19, I won't even buy that used.

Old 02-11-2018, 07:44 AM   #80
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykelmosinee
You can't seriously be saying Madden gets weather right, can you?? I agree with the post you quoted...I'm from Wisconsin, NO WAY should I be playing late season and playoff games without snow 90% of the time!
And the wind...I had the computer nail an 83 yard punt near the end of a close game...83 yards, and over 70 yards in the air. Takes the field position battle equation out of the game.
It's ridiculous, shows incompetence if they can't even get these basic, yet vitally important, parts of the game at least close to being right.

I would take the cold over the snow because 50% of the time is a white Christmas in the area of WI.
that we live. This year was not a white Christmas in our part of the state. This week is the only week we've had any snow for winter.

I don't have the weather issues other people are, but there has been enough people complaining about the issue over the years, EA needs to get the issue fixed. I do have an issue with that darn punting into the wind and that needs to be resolved, too.

That said, I am loving the game play fixes.

Last edited by roadman; 02-11-2018 at 10:43 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »