Home

Madden NFL 18 Patch Available Now, Patch Notes Here

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 18 Patch Available Now, Patch Notes Here within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 02-14-2018, 07:10 PM   #121
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 18 Patch Available Now, Patch Notes Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charvalos
I know that a potential risk exists when you modify the code to fix a bug but I really feel like EA never test their patches, especially inside CFM, because if they would have done it properly, this bug with the trade meter would never have appeared.

Same thing about the Superbowl which is always at the same place or wind punt.
It's abundantly clear that the game is not tested in CFM 1 player...if it was, it wouldn't be like this year after year.
They don't see the bugs/glitches/terrible AI because everything is tested in h2h or MUT.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2018, 12:16 AM   #122
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31
Madden NFL 18 Patch Available Now, Patch Notes Here

CPU QB scrambles are way more annoying now. Specifically because zone coverage doesnít help curtail it as your players stare at the qb running by them. Trying to manual switch to a player before qb breaks the pocket is near impossible. Unless you have a qb sneak or are usering a MLB or safety, scrambling qbs will destroy you automatically. Which should not be automatic. A qb with even 74 speed will kill you.

Crossing routes are completely broken as the man corner literally pauses and lets the wr run across his face unchallenged. Corner play in general is more poor imo.

CPU running game is slightly better only because getting off blocks is now harder for user defensive linemen.

Oh and the cpu canít stop calling 4 beers on offense. Itís ridiculous. And how often a man corner letís the wr run right past him for an instant completion is even more ridiculous.

Last edited by kingkilla56; 02-15-2018 at 12:46 AM.
Old 02-15-2018, 04:08 AM   #123
Pro

awffltony77's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Historically speaking with Madden, there is a pattern of a decent chance of a title update of not having a particular area of something not working. This could be gameplay, CFM, MUT, Competitive, now Longshot, etc.....

I am sure it happens in other titles, but probably to a lesser extent.
WWE 2K is just as bad. Every patch breaks something, 1/3 of the features never worked to begin with....it's a mess.

Sent from my REVVLPLUS C3701A using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 02-15-2018, 10:20 AM   #124
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by awffltony77
WWE 2K is just as bad. Every patch breaks something, 1/3 of the features never worked to begin with....it's a mess.

Examples?? I've played week 2k18, and I haven't found this to be true at all.

Old 02-15-2018, 10:26 AM   #125
Pro

awffltony77's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykelmosinee
Examples?? I've played week 2k18, and I haven't found this to be true at all.

Just off the top of my head quick,
*Randomly unable to climb ropes since 1.07
*Every out of box character glitched to Brock Lesnar entrance video. When you go to edit it back, it says everyone has Rick Rudes. Once you fix it, you find that it wiped your entrance music.....
*Constant falls count anywhere matches being booked week after week in rivalry, when that was one of the big fixes of 1.05
*No cut scenes if you use an created alternate store
*Created titles vacate every time you exit universe.
*Ps4 players can't access any created anything (even their own) unless connected to the internet. Still.....and there is so much more.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2018, 12:33 PM   #126
Rookie

Charvalos's Arena

I tried, again, to enjoy this game after the last patch but I uninstalled it. To be honest, Madden is certainly the worst game I played in my entire life.

In my opinion, seeing these kind of things in 2018 is just unacceptable.

1) https://youtu.be/wJWrN5Q2pGA

No comment. Not only, Kizer made a perfect throw on the other side across his body but the pass was also complete.

2) https://youtu.be/A5HK_69henI

Now, I'm pretty sure that, as soon the user throw the ball, the game will determine if it would be a complete/incomplete pass or an INT. The way how the defender pushed Brown and made an INT is ridiculous.

Well, I'm coming back to The Show.
Old 02-15-2018, 12:46 PM   #127
Pro

Devaster's Arena

Quote:
I tried, again, to enjoy this game after the last patch but I uninstalled it. To be honest, Madden is certainly the worst game I played in my entire life.

No comment. Not only, Kizer made a perfect throw on the other side across his body but the pass was also complete.

Now, I'm pretty sure that, as soon the user throw the ball, the game will determine if it would be a complete/incomplete pass or an INT. The way how the defender pushed Brown and made an INT is ridiculous.

Sounds like you never had any interest in playing Madden to begin with.
Old 02-15-2018, 01:42 PM   #128
MVP

Nunyerbiz's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:

The lack of lining up the animations / player models with the calls on the field is a frustrating issue. Sideline receptions / interceptions are a crapshoot. The feet of the player model generally don't have a lot of relation to the in/out of bounds call. Same thing will ball spots. Animations will clearly show the runner making the spot to get by 1-2 yards sometimes only for 3rd and inches to be called. In my experience, it goes both ways for both teams, regardless of CPU / HUM or HUM / HUM... but for a game that offers the option to challenge calls and to view/zoom on replays from near infinite angles... this needs to be tighter. As far as throwing across the body... I see this a few times a season in my CFM... and most hit the turf... and they lead to a lot of INTs for my team as well. Occasionally, the blind squirrel is going to find the nut... and occasionally Kizer is going to complete some ridiculous pass.

As far as the DB bump of the WR... I guess you can say what you will about being potentially scripted or whatnot... But I can't see getting upset over player models bumping into each other. All kinds of contact, some minor and some not so minor, happens in every NFL game without a flag being thrown. Trying to beat step-for-step man coverage might just lead to an INT. Not seeing a problem with that one.

Last edited by Nunyerbiz; 02-15-2018 at 01:45 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »