Home

Madden NFL 18 Patch Available Now, Patch Notes Here

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 18 Patch Available Now, Patch Notes Here within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-15-2018, 01:45 PM   #129
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 18 Patch Available Now, Patch Notes Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charvalos
I tried, again, to enjoy this game after the last patch but I uninstalled it. To be honest, Madden is certainly the worst game I played in my entire life.

In my opinion, seeing these kind of things in 2018 is just unacceptable.

1) https://youtu.be/wJWrN5Q2pGA

No comment. Not only, Kizer made a perfect throw on the other side across his body but the pass was also complete.
not sure what you're complaining about here... you either threw it late or led the receiver too far, plus you didn't even need to run out and throw it like that.

as for the second video you cut it off before i could even see if it was a catch, but if he did int i do agree that its a problem. This game does not do PI well at all.

Last edited by Shogunreaper; 02-15-2018 at 01:48 PM.
Old 02-15-2018, 03:22 PM   #130
MVP

Nunyerbiz's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogunreaper
not sure what you're complaining about here... you either threw it late or led the receiver too far, plus you didn't even need to run out and throw it like that.

as for the second video you cut it off before i could even see if it was a catch, but if he did int i do agree that its a problem. This game does not do PI well at all.
In the first video, I believe he was complaining about the CPU completing the pass against him.

As far as PI... I haven't played enough H2H / MUT with M18 to know if this is a problem with human opponents, but I'm very happy that PI isn't called with any frequency approaching reality in CFM. Pass interference in the real NFL goes to ridiculous extremes sometimes... and I'm glad it's rare in Madden and not some silly dice roll every time you hit the "swat ball" button.
Old 02-15-2018, 05:27 PM   #131
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunyerbiz
In the first video, I believe he was complaining about the CPU completing the pass against him.

As far as PI... I haven't played enough H2H / MUT with M18 to know if this is a problem with human opponents, but I'm very happy that PI isn't called with any frequency approaching reality in CFM. Pass interference in the real NFL goes to ridiculous extremes sometimes... and I'm glad it's rare in Madden and not some silly dice roll every time you hit the "swat ball" button.
but it is a dice roll, it only happens when the specific animation is triggered.

it's super obvious when it happens because it feels so out of place.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2018, 05:46 PM   #132
MVP

Nunyerbiz's Arena

OVR: 4

Ok, then I will clarify.... it's a very rare dice roll at least on default penalty settings. I'm not a huge fan of the core framework, but these were decisions made over a decade ago... to prioritize the look of the game via heavy motion capture over a less accurate looking but more responsive approach that relied less on stringing motion captured snippets together... which is how most sports games worked in the PS2 era and before. The only option for penalties is some kind of randomization since dozens of frames of action at a time are taken away from user input so we can watch some animated gifs... Sometimes you can't commit a penalty even if you want to. It is what it is.

All that said, the only time I see semi-consistent PI called is if you throw a near perfect timing route and the receiver turns into the DB on his cut... but even then, I've probably only seen it called maybe four times in my last two seasons. Which is a good thing imo, I don't want the passing game bogged down by more stoppages and more stupid referee cutscenes... The lacking PI is an aspect of realism that I will gladly sacrifice for gameplay.

Last edited by Nunyerbiz; 02-15-2018 at 05:50 PM.
Old 02-15-2018, 07:02 PM   #133
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunyerbiz
Ok, then I will clarify.... it's a very rare dice roll at least on default penalty settings. I'm not a huge fan of the core framework, but these were decisions made over a decade ago... to prioritize the look of the game via heavy motion capture over a less accurate looking but more responsive approach that relied less on stringing motion captured snippets together... which is how most sports games worked in the PS2 era and before. The only option for penalties is some kind of randomization since dozens of frames of action at a time are taken away from user input so we can watch some animated gifs... Sometimes you can't commit a penalty even if you want to. It is what it is.

All that said, the only time I see semi-consistent PI called is if you throw a near perfect timing route and the receiver turns into the DB on his cut... but even then, I've probably only seen it called maybe four times in my last two seasons. Which is a good thing imo, I don't want the passing game bogged down by more stoppages and more stupid referee cutscenes... The lacking PI is an aspect of realism that I will gladly sacrifice for gameplay.
but the problem with that is you still have PI, it's just not called because it's not part of the script.

i get that some people don't like penalties, but that's what sliders are for.
Old 02-15-2018, 08:34 PM   #134
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogunreaper
but the problem with that is you still have PI, it's just not called because it's not part of the script.

i get that some people don't like penalties, but that's what sliders are for.
thats also what comp mode is for

Sent from my SM-G360P using Tapatalk
Old 02-16-2018, 12:14 AM   #135
Rookie

I cringe every time someone says things like "we don't need penalties, they're not fun", because it seems like this is the crap EA listens to, and we lose more and more of the sim aspects of the game.
I THOUGHT the different game modes was supposed to correct these types of things, but I can't remember 1 single patch stating anything was done specifically for the simulation mode.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2018, 10:11 AM   #136
Rookie

SethMurphy's Arena

OVR: 3

played the other day in my offline franchise, and the new trade glitch is infuriating. I'm doing a rebuild and need to work trades to try and better my team and find cap space, and I have no idea what I'm trying to acquire or what's possible. Kicking me out of the screen is absolutely asinine

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »