Home

Madden NFL 18 Patch Available Now, Patch Notes Here

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 18 Patch Available Now, Patch Notes Here within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-10-2018, 12:41 PM   #57
MVP

Nunyerbiz's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Madden NFL 18 Patch Available Now, Patch Notes Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
I have to laugh in seeing that this is the issue that has made so many CFM people upset enough to Tweet at John White. One guy was mad because he wants trading to be easier not harder.

I sent John a Tweet saying that CFM needs difficultly levels cause a lot of us would love to have this meter off, not be able to see the point totals with free agents, as well as many other hand holding User mechanisms.
I think these "hand holding" mechanisms are essentially pro-sim features, not anti-sim. While hardly perfect, in real life there are tons and tons of phone calls and face to face meetings between GMs, agents, players, etc... I don't see any realism or immersion benefit from blindly offering a contract to a player with absolutely no feedback until they accept or sign with another team. It's ridiculous on it's face, far more absurd than seeing a rough idea of what other teams are offering... which is EXACTLY how agents get better deals for their clients. If anything, CPU teams should outbid you on occasion...

Same thing with the trades... the bar is silly... but it's a touch better than literally throwing offers into the wind until one sticks. I mean... you're asking for anti-immersion kryptonite.... the game has to at least make some effort to present a human analog on the other side of the negotioating table... as opposed to blind luck fail/success check completely devoid of interaction.

EDIT: Just for the record, I'm always fine with more options... So sure, if people prefer to make offers with zero feedback in order to artificially boost the real / percieved challenge level... then I don't see an issue so long as it's optional.

Last edited by Nunyerbiz; 02-10-2018 at 01:43 PM.
Old 02-10-2018, 02:23 PM   #58
MVP

Americas Team's Arena

OVR: 0

Does anyone know about when this game will be available for EA Access?

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 02-10-2018, 02:39 PM   #59
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Americas Team
Does anyone know about when this game will be available for EA Access?

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Operation Sports mobile app
Shortly to soon.

Also, there is a thread discussing that lower in the page.

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...ea-access.html

Last edited by roadman; 02-10-2018 at 03:16 PM.
Old 02-10-2018, 03:00 PM   #60
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunyerbiz
I think these "hand holding" mechanisms are essentially pro-sim features, not anti-sim. While hardly perfect, in real life there are tons and tons of phone calls and face to face meetings between GMs, agents, players, etc... I don't see any realism or immersion benefit from blindly offering a contract to a player with absolutely no feedback until they accept or sign with another team. It's ridiculous on it's face, far more absurd than seeing a rough idea of what other teams are offering... which is EXACTLY how agents get better deals for their clients. If anything, CPU teams should outbid you on occasion...

Same thing with the trades... the bar is silly... but it's a touch better than literally throwing offers into the wind until one sticks. I mean... you're asking for anti-immersion kryptonite.... the game has to at least make some effort to present a human analog on the other side of the negotioating table... as opposed to blind luck fail/success check completely devoid of interaction.

EDIT: Just for the record, I'm always fine with more options... So sure, if people prefer to make offers with zero feedback in order to artificially boost the real / percieved challenge level... then I don't see an issue so long as it's optional.
I think the most realistic way would be to make the first offer with no trade bar, then if it's not accepted you get a counter offer from the cpu and then you either take that or try to negotiate something somewhere in between the two offers. It's too easy to mix and match offers in order to find the offer that will get accepted with you giving up the least amount of compensation
Old 02-10-2018, 03:55 PM   #61
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Thank you, that is all.

And thank you to all the people who supplied video evidence of the AI logic of the pancakes. Well played.

Now, please, Madden 19, fix that punting in to the wind issue.

This looks like a good decent patch, if it didn't break anything else.
Hey man what are you seeing gameplay wise with the patch? And has the qb logic changed?..thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2018, 03:57 PM   #62
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Gameplay looks solid post-patch. Default AP is still a tad too spastic for my taste, but overall it seems to be playing well and with no 'pancake' issue in site
Old 02-10-2018, 04:43 PM   #63
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Gameplay looks solid post-patch. Default AP is still a tad too spastic for my taste, but overall it seems to be playing well and with no 'pancake' issue in site

Since patch 1.04 ( the other before this one) I had to move to AM. CPU play was Terrible since then. Qb taking 10+ sacks and 2 int avg was too much for them to have and chance to win.

2016 and 2017 AP was perfect. They dumb it down. Still don't know why.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-10-2018, 06:16 PM   #64
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
I think the most realistic way would be to make the first offer with no trade bar, then if it's not accepted you get a counter offer from the cpu and then you either take that or try to negotiate something somewhere in between the two offers. It's too easy to mix and match offers in order to find the offer that will get accepted with you giving up the least amount of compensation
Adding limitations to the number of offer/counter offers too would be cool.

One thing missing from trades and FA is consideration time. We kinda get that during the season with extensions, but it's more about just upping the offer until they accept. In FA some guys wait to sign, but only if you low-ball and no other team bids on them.

Unlike in User CFMs, in offline GMs (or players) don't 'mull over' offers. It's a point blank Yes/No situation. I like how The Show had a setting that would have the CPU respond at a later time.

Also be nice if you low-balled the CPU too much they would cut off talks completely. Add a little relationship dynamic between teams, some make it tough to trade with, others you build up relations and you can get discounts/more even trades.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »