Home

Madden Criteria for Player Ratings

This is a discussion on Madden Criteria for Player Ratings within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-16-2018, 01:41 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Madden Criteria for Player Ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699
They are rated based on their college career, if its a bad enough injury speed/accel and agility may take a hit.
This guy knows^
Old 02-16-2018, 03:08 PM   #18
Rookie

Quote:
They are rated based on their college career, if its a bad enough injury speed/accel and agility may take a hit.
I agree with what you are saying, but the thing that stands out to me, is if EA developers actually bank on NCAA 40 times from the prospect’s respective school because majority of the time, they seem inflated to look good for scouts and fans.
Old 02-16-2018, 05:39 PM   #19
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by shylo3716
I agree with what you are saying, but the thing that stands out to me, is if EA developers actually bank on NCAA 40 times from the prospect’s respective school because majority of the time, they seem inflated to look good for scouts and fans.
I go with combine times, I always take pro day times with a grain of salt.

Follow me on twitter @Equipment_Guru
Old 02-16-2018, 10:23 PM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
I go with combine times, I always take pro day times with a grain of salt.
Ted Ginn Jr. is a perfect example of a guy who did not run at the combine but his pro day time was factored into his rating.
Old 02-17-2018, 03:32 AM   #21
MVP

briz1046's Arena

As somebody who year in year out creates my own roster for my on offline CFM I actually hold the present ratings * guru* in fairly high regard

That's not to say I don't disagree over specifics or have things I'd like done differently ... specifically in regard to the inclusion of more PS players as a matter of course and the way Madden handles years accrued in the league ....so as to enable those of us with OCD issues to get accurate PS

Like most people here I would like to see more clarity over exactly what each rating does ( that goes for sliders etc too ) but generally I think I've good a decent grasp of this , in so far as the information is out there

Is it one man's opinon? Yes to a degree but that's not necessarily a bad thing ... you only have to look at the pro bowl each year to find a perfect example of how many heads don't necessarily make better decisions

Would any of us really do a better job? ...I doubt it to be honest , that's not to say there aren't people here who would do a good job , just that there will always be disagreement when things are subjective

Maybe an NFL scout or GM would be a good candidate to do the job ( Scott McCloughan is free alas) but even those guys whiff a fair amount so who knows

Some of the ratings will always be subjective ...others like speed have hard data ( 40 times and splits) to go on but even those ratings can't be said to be totally reliable
No athlete performs identically every day or ever performance ..if this was the case events like the Olympics or National championships could be scrapped and medals presented based on recorded practice times
Data recorded in -game is a nice novelty but as the situations and conditions vary so dramatically really doesnt offer a comparable resource that can be utilised across the entire league
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2018, 03:04 PM   #22
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

My only issue with the ratings is the disconnect between default ratings for players and ratings for players in CFM. Players that I draft in the 5th, 6th, or 7th round are most of the time appreciably better than 2nd and 3rd round real life 1st to 3rd year players in the game.

In my Rams Franchise it makes more sense to get rid of players like Jamon Brown and Pharoh Cooper(both who took big leaps this year in real life) instead of trying to develop them, because there are 20 guys a lot better than them in every draft. I hope things can synch up better going forward.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 02-17-2018, 03:09 PM   #23

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by shylo3716
Ted Ginn Jr. is a perfect example of a guy who did not run at the combine but his pro day time was factored into his rating.
I don't believe Kane was with EA or doing the ratings when Ginn came out of college.
Old 02-17-2018, 06:55 PM   #24
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
I don't believe Kane was with EA or doing the ratings when Ginn came out of college.
Correct, Ginn is now mostly a product of his timed run along with his game speed which we have seen is pretty stellar.

Follow me on twitter @Equipment_Guru

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »