Home

Jump into a Madden game, or stick with 2K5?

This is a discussion on Jump into a Madden game, or stick with 2K5? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 02-12-2018, 08:14 PM   #33
Oh Deer!

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Jump into a Madden game, or stick with 2K5?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699
It still blows my mind that comments like this are made, we make large improvements or changes every year but just because it may not be in the area that was expected by some users, the game is referred to as a roster update.

Longshot is a brand new game mode never before seen in the Madden series but the game is called a Roster Update?
One of the issues is we've been all but on our knees begging for CFM to be revamped and see some big changes. We've been wanting some big updates to the core gameplay. But we got an interactive movie and the usual MUT updates. For some of us yes this is a roster update. Longshot is ok, but CFM is basically being left to die for a mode thats 95% cutscenes and MUT. MUT pays the bills, it's going nowhere. Unless there is significantly more actual gameplay in Longshot I have zero interest.
Old 02-13-2018, 02:38 AM   #34
Rookie

DaGreatOne21's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
This just seems like a troll thread to get the old 2k v madden debate flamed up again.
Regardless, the fact that we can ask if 2K5 does things better than current Madden and still say "yes" is very sad.

Not trolling whatsoever. Thats just reality.

And heck, forget 2K5. There are things that Madden 2005 does better than current Madden.

This isnt so much about how good those past games were as much as it is a grim reminder of how little Madden has actually improved over the years in many key areas such as animations, physics, presentation, customization and various areas of gameplay and franchise. And in some cases, its actually went backwards (look at different elements of franchise, presentation and customization that have actually REGRESSED over the last 14 years).
Old 02-13-2018, 03:49 AM   #35
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGreatOne21
Regardless, the fact that we can ask if 2K5 does things better than current Madden and still say "yes" is very sad.

Not trolling whatsoever. Thats just reality.

And heck, forget 2K5. There are things that Madden 2005 does better than current Madden.

This isnt so much about how good those past games were as much as it is a grim reminder of how little Madden has actually improved over the years in many key areas such as animations, physics, presentation, customization and various areas of gameplay and franchise. And in some cases, its actually went backwards (look at different elements of franchise, presentation and customization that have actually REGRESSED over the last 14 years).
And ANYBODY who cannot see that it's a direct result of the lack of competition is fooling themselves. It's WHY EA petitioned the NFL for 3 or 4 years BEFORE the NFL agreed to the exclusive license.
Developers won't put more than they have to into costs (read: innovation and effort) than they must.
Once EA saw Madden selling well with minimal changes being made, (they are one of the few developers to CUT costs year to year) the eyes got wide and greed took over. Sad, but true.
Anybody that wants to defend their philosophy is part of the reason the game is in its current state, and EA loves you.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2018, 10:02 AM   #36
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Madden certainly has it's flaws, but dude if you haven't played a football game since 2k5 (which we all loved) you are going to be blown away by Madden. It doesn't have all the features of 2k5, but the graphics make 2k5 look like pong compared to real life soccer. It's going to be free on EA Access soon and i'm sure it's like $20 to buy it used at this point. Well worth it if you're into playing NFL games this time of year.
Old 02-13-2018, 10:39 AM   #37
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
Madden certainly has it's flaws, but dude if you haven't played a football game since 2k5 (which we all loved) you are going to be blown away by Madden. It doesn't have all the features of 2k5, but the graphics make 2k5 look like pong compared to real life soccer. It's going to be free on EA Access soon and i'm sure it's like $20 to buy it used at this point. Well worth it if you're into playing NFL games this time of year.
But MANY people aren't so hung up on graphics....you can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig.
2k5 was, and possibly is, the gold standard for immersing you in the games and seasons. Madden 05 was close in a few ways, but it's been downhill for the most part since then. What a great year 2004 was for football video gaming!
I would MUCH rather see less focus on the graphics and all that energy put into making the game great to play!

Old 02-13-2018, 11:30 AM   #38
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykelmosinee
But MANY people aren't so hung up on graphics....you can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig.
2k5 was, and possibly is, the gold standard for immersing you in the games and seasons. Madden 05 was close in a few ways, but it's been downhill for the most part since then. What a great year 2004 was for football video gaming!
I would MUCH rather see less focus on the graphics and all that energy put into making the game great to play!

Gameplay is great and so are features, but i wouldn't even go back to NCAA 14- features and all- because of how outdated those graphics are. Graphics are a huge priority to me and Madden does an excellent job in that area, especially on the One X.
Old 02-13-2018, 11:50 AM   #39
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
Gameplay is great and so are features, but i wouldn't even go back to NCAA 14- features and all- because of how outdated those graphics are. Graphics are a huge priority to me and Madden does an excellent job in that area, especially on the One X.
Glad you enjoy the look of it. We'll agree to disagree on the priority.

Old 02-13-2018, 11:55 AM   #40
MVP

Toupal's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykelmosinee

You hit the nail on the head with this one...

Everyone is so wrapped up in graphics, but to me, there really hasnít been that much of a difference since the XBOX one and PS4 came out.

Sadly, we have to rely on a game that is 14 years old to measure up to the current generation of Madden.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »