Home

Madden 18 Franchise Help

This is a discussion on Madden 18 Franchise Help within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-12-2018, 02:50 AM   #1
Rookie

EziioGlory's Arena

OVR: 0
Madden 18 Franchise Help

I want to stick with a franchise so bad. I want to build a dynasty. I pick a team and play a game or three and then BAM! I never play that franchise again. I am a simulation kind of guy. I like realistic play and stats. I love watching Mr Hurricane and his franchises and how consistent they are. Building through seasons and then getting that super bowl winning team then winning more after. Any tips on how I could stick with one longer? Any fun teams that are still a rebuild but entertaining? What can I do to stick with it? Play one game a day or something like that? Help!!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2018, 04:17 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Madden 18 Franchise Help

I’m in a similar situation. Recently, found the right settings that felt good to make it to mid 2nd season! I got some injuries, and really testing my depth at superstar positions (mlb and #1 wr both out 5 weeks)

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 02-13-2018, 02:19 PM   #3
MVP

Nunyerbiz's Arena

OVR: 4

Don't be afraid to sim games. A lot of times, I'd get into a rut where I didn't feel like playing the game... and I wouldn't want to sim games in order to keep my stats "pure"... But eventually I found that I stuck with a franchise longer if progress kept rolling along. If there was an opponent that I felt would kill me and make for a frustrating game? Got the flu and you get a headache just thinking about reading defenses? Sim a game or two or three and move along... you're in this for the long haul, right? I also found that it got me to team building parts that much quicker, like the draft and free agency signings. Madden does a better job today then it did years ago with replicating decent stats in simmed games... so that helps a bit as well.
Old 02-13-2018, 02:32 PM   #4
Rookie

SethMurphy's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by EziioGlory
I want to stick with a franchise so bad. I want to build a dynasty. I pick a team and play a game or three and then BAM! I never play that franchise again. I am a simulation kind of guy. I like realistic play and stats. I love watching Mr Hurricane and his franchises and how consistent they are. Building through seasons and then getting that super bowl winning team then winning more after. Any tips on how I could stick with one longer? Any fun teams that are still a rebuild but entertaining? What can I do to stick with it? Play one game a day or something like that? Help!!!!!
I'm in the same boat. I'm trying to find a storyline to follow that I find interesting, i/e I'm doing an expansion draft franchise, so the team isn't very good right now, so I feel committed to running a longer time with it to see the success from building the team.
Old 02-13-2018, 03:24 PM   #5
MVP

I played the first two seasons of my franchise, so I know how you feel about getting bored. I am now trying "Play The Moments" for my third season and it's more engaging. I would try that and see how you like it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2018, 03:49 PM   #6
Rookie

bravo2208's Arena

I've had the wanderlust problem with sports video games for as long as I can remember. 18 has helped me get a little better. Normally I never get past the second season but I've gotten to year 4 with two different teams so far. I think the key is having a good idea of what you want to accomplish.

Before I start a franchise I sit down and muse about what kind of team I want to build and how long it will take to win a Super Bowl. Come up with your own philosophies in terms of drafting, free agency, gameplan, etc. Personally, I enjoy taking an offensively challenged team and turning them into a powerhouse. I only play the offensive snaps in CFM so in my mind I am sort of like the offensive coordinator. I focus most of my time on scouting players that fit my scheme, experimenting with playbooks to see what works and what doesn't, and player development. I'm rather frugal and enjoy building through the draft. As we all know, franchise mode isn't that deep so you have to use your imagination and create your own story lines. Force yourself to be involved on a micro level so it feels like your decisions matter.

I'm currently in year 4 of a Bills Franchise. I went in knowing exactly what I wanted the end product to be. The first item on my agenda was to relocate the team to Brooklyn. That gave me something to look forward to the following season. I knew I had to put out a better product after a 3-13 season so I used my three 1st round picks on day 1 starters. The following season we went 9-7 and made the playoffs. Getting blown out in the Wild Card made me mad so I kept adding on and filling holes. We got to 11-5 the next season and lost in the Divisional. This season we are 11-4 with a ton of steam heading into the playoffs. Progressing in this way has given me a reason to keep playing. The ultimate goal is within reach.

I guess it's important to remember that you're not tied down and if something isn't working out don't hesitate to sim a few games as mentioned above. Or quit altogether. You'll know you have found the right team when things start to really come together and you feel like your work is paying off. One other thing I have found helps is not playing every day. Sometimes I will take 3-4 days off and feel so excited to get back to it because it feels fresh again. Less burnout.
Old 02-15-2018, 08:55 AM   #7
Rookie

I am now already in my 7th season as a coach with my Ravens. This is the first Madden I haven`t won a SB yet. Crazy, I was in SB 54 but there I lost in OT. Since then I haven`t make it. I play on ALL Madden from the beginning, in between I used 2 different slider sets, now I updated one to my own style which gives me the nice challenge no Madden could give me before. It is awesome. Normally I wanted to change teams after the 6th season, but I couldn`t leave my Ravens, where some trades took me 20 minutes when I wanted someone specific, where I have drafted guys developed to superstars, no I couldn`t leave my franchise. I even was not fired when I screwed up big time the first 2 seasons and the fourth season. I play every game, one to two games per day, full time except preseason I simulate.
My goals were bringing back the 2000 Ravens Defense – I managed this – the last two seasons I was first in Defense. I brought in my 2020 3rd overall pick QB who has developed to a Pro Bowl QB.
I am happy with my team, now it is time to bring that trophy back to Baltimore. Before M19 will be released this must happen
Old 02-18-2018, 12:34 PM   #8
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by EziioGlory
Im the opposite. I play my team and thats it. I am interested in rebuilding another team but never tried and dont know if i can be a user/owner of two teams at once. Just never tried it.
I dont know how some of you are SIM kind of guys, that doesnt seem very fun to watch a game or just SIM a game al season. I have simmed some here and there if im playing a scrub team and think it will be boring.

Last edited by Rayzaa; 02-18-2018 at 12:38 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »