Home

Have they fixed the QB AI and scrambling?

This is a discussion on Have they fixed the QB AI and scrambling? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-12-2018, 01:37 AM   #17
MVP

scitychamps87's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Have they fixed the QB AI and scrambling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
Elite QBs on with high awareness on All-Madden play really really well. They frustrate the hell out of you, but in good way, IMO. I've gotten accustom to being ready to click R3 really quickly to contain the QB scrambling. It's not as responsive as it should be and players not in man should be much better on their own in attacking the QB, the play call you choose really affects how quickly they diagnose the QB as a running threat.
This 100 percent. R3 on All-Madden needs to be as responsive as it is on All-Pro. All-Madden CPU QBs can be borderline unstoppable when they are guys like Brees or Brady or Wilson or guys just having an outright great season. Got torched by Bortles twice. Don't judge.

Sent from my XT1650 using Operation Sports mobile app
--5 Time Stanley Cup Champions--
Old 02-13-2018, 02:19 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 1

I find that if I don't have someone in spy the scrambler type qbs will run like it's their first option.

If you put a fast guy in spy and press R3 once the qb leaves the pocket you should be in good shape (except for the whiplash spin moves by RW and the like).

I much prefer dealing with this than the robo QB who stays in the pocket for 12 seconds until the 4 verts receivers stop and run back towards the LOS - you can't cover them all with one user defender.
Old 02-13-2018, 02:31 PM   #19
MVP

Nunyerbiz's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinersFan49
I find that if I don't have someone in spy the scrambler type qbs will run like it's their first option.

If you put a fast guy in spy and press R3 once the qb leaves the pocket you should be in good shape (except for the whiplash spin moves by RW and the like).

I much prefer dealing with this than the robo QB who stays in the pocket for 12 seconds until the 4 verts receivers stop and run back towards the LOS - you can't cover them all with one user defender.
That's the problem a lot of the time... pockets that just won't collapse. Even with running QBs, a lot of times they roll out / scramble without any pressure forcing them to do so. I can understand having good pass protection and in the NFL we've all seen plays where QBs have almost too much time to throw... But it's still frustrating to see the line play fall into the infamous patty cake minigame. This doesn't seem as bad as I've seen it in the past... but there are times where I've ran 25-30 yards downfield with my MLB covering a seam route only to turn back around a tackle the QB after a short / intermediate gain and not a single DL had disengaged from the OL.
Old 02-13-2018, 05:41 PM   #20
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunyerbiz
That's the problem a lot of the time... pockets that just won't collapse. Even with running QBs, a lot of times they roll out / scramble without any pressure forcing them to do so. I can understand having good pass protection and in the NFL we've all seen plays where QBs have almost too much time to throw... But it's still frustrating to see the line play fall into the infamous patty cake minigame. This doesn't seem as bad as I've seen it in the past... but there are times where I've ran 25-30 yards downfield with my MLB covering a seam route only to turn back around a tackle the QB after a short / intermediate gain and not a single DL had disengaged from the OL.
I agree, the patty cakes are less this year, but still there.

I've seen good DL "win the battle" vs a not so good OL. I've seen RW take off with a large hole in the OL and that is stuff I love to see. The Packer CPU DL were able to register 3 sacks on RW because of that weak line.

I enjoy when you look at the NFL and see results similar in Madden.(before anyone starts in, lol) obviously there are other concerns that are in play, ie lack of CPU AI sometimes.
Old 02-13-2018, 05:59 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

I'm seeing dramatic improvement in this area. I play on AM, so the level may be a contributing factor, but I'm increasingly seeing guys take off intelligently up the middle, rather than rolling right for no reason. It's awesome to see. I'm happier with this aspect than I've been in a long, long time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2018, 07:32 PM   #22
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinersFan49

You can't leave a QBs style as "scrambling" or they will run around 12-15 times a game. Some people think that you need to change both of the settings, but I've found that you can leave the player type as "mobile" as long as the QB style is "balanced". The "mobile" label is needed if you want the QB to juke and spin more on their scrambles.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 02-13-2018, 09:15 PM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
You can't leave a QBs style as "scrambling" or they will run around 12-15 times a game. Some people think that you need to change both of the settings, but I've found that you can leave the player type as "mobile" as long as the QB style is "balanced". The "mobile" label is needed if you want the QB to juke and spin more on their scrambles.
Ahh, I'll give that a try. Thanks!
Old 02-14-2018, 03:39 PM   #24
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

I've been playing on All-Pro Default which is what JoshC's sliders are, and I'm finding that while QB's are being more mobile, their awareness is still awful. They still run across the field then instead of still running over the LOS they throw BACK across their body to the other sideline.

This plagued the game back at release and I still see it. Also, many times QB's will run right into a sack or make boneheaded angle decisions.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »