Home

What is your favorite team to rebuild in madden 18?

This is a discussion on What is your favorite team to rebuild in madden 18? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-12-2018, 09:56 PM   #1
Rookie

EziioGlory's Arena

OVR: 0
What is your favorite team to rebuild in madden 18?

Making this thread so everyone can share what team or teams is their favorite to rebuild in Madden 18. Also share why you like that team and give suggestions of teams that are great for rebuilding!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2018, 06:15 AM   #2
Pro

Robo COP's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: What is your favorite team to rebuild in madden 18?

I actually haven't even dove into any offline rebuilding yet, but have been flirting with it for months now, trying to decide what team to use.

I think most peoples choice would probably be Browns. Although their roster stinks, they have a couple young guys worth devving and obviously plenty of picks in the next draft along with a lot of cap space.

I usually try to stay semi realistic with my franchises, so in cases where teams have what they believe to be their franchise QBs I don't want to ship him off just because I know I can draft a star QB in the next draft. So like if I did a dolphins rebuild I wouldn't be drafting a QB because they view Tanne as their franchise guy (and he has the contract of one too). Fins actually look like one of the more difficult rebuilds as they don't really have a lot of studs and their cap space is worse off than most of the rebuild teams.

But the one I think I'm finally going to dive into is the Bills. Although they made the playoffs this season their roster isn't that great in game at all. They really only have one young stud to build around (White) and the rest of the roster is fairly aged. They also are in need of a franchise QB (you could still use Tyrod for a bit if you wanted, but we all know they seem to not want him in Buffalo). That and they have 4 picks in the first 2 rounds with 2 first rounders coming back to back. Definitely seem like a fun rebuild to try to get the Bills their first SB win
Old 02-13-2018, 07:33 AM   #3
MVP

Nunyerbiz's Arena

OVR: 4

I picked the Jets for my first rebuild. They have a foundation started on the defensive side, with a very good 3-4 DL and a couple of promising young safeties. However, most of their offense is a tear down. You'll have QB, RB, OL, WR all as priorities in your first draft.

I managed to do incredibly well in my first draft:
1st Round: QB w/superstar
2nd Round: CB w/Quick
3rd Round: C w/Quick
4th Round:RB w/Superstar

My remaining four picks in that first draft landed me three other contributors, including a TE2, RB2 and a WR4/KR who eventually developed into my WR2 by year 3. The next two drafts were comparatively weak, but that first draft really turbocharged the rebuild. Assuming a take with less luck and the rebuild would have taken longer.

I think their main draw as a rebuild team is for people who prefer to build an offense. They have a very solid front three on defense in place... and DLs / pass rush always seem to be a crapshoot in the draft.
Old 02-13-2018, 10:08 AM   #4
Rookie

bryan_nelson88's Arena

OVR: 0

I started at the beginning of 2017 and the Rams were awesome to rebuild. I moved them to a new stadium and such and traded away some guys to help with the rebuild. Good times.
Old 02-13-2018, 02:37 PM   #5
Rookie

SethMurphy's Arena

OVR: 3

I've enjoyed rebuilding the Giants actually. The end of season roster update really reflects the 3-13 season they just completed. LB ratings are all 74 or lower I believe, OL is all under 80 as well. Eli is obviously old, FS is like 71 overall. Lots of holes needed to fill and some bad contracts as well.

But the Browns are interesting because of all the draft picks they have. Some really young talent to play with while you draft/develop more players.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »