Home

Does anyone play career as a safety?

This is a discussion on Does anyone play career as a safety? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-06-2018, 07:52 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Does anyone play career as a safety?

Free safety or strong safety doesn’t matter. If so, how do you get yourself involved in games? I can play corner no problem and spam the coverage to get involved (hate that’s the only way) but with a safety I seem to never be around the ball. Thoughts? Suggestions?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2018, 10:31 PM   #2
Pro

JayCutlersCig's Arena

Re: Does anyone play career as a safety?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikea101010
Free safety or strong safety doesn’t matter. If so, how do you get yourself involved in games? I can play corner no problem and spam the coverage to get involved (hate that’s the only way) but with a safety I seem to never be around the ball. Thoughts? Suggestions?

Lot of Cover 2. Don’t stick to your zone, stick with the deepest man and play *loose* coverage. You should see at least 5-10 passes your way. Also, boost your tackle, hit power, and block shedding to help stop the run. Hope this helps!
Old 02-07-2018, 10:54 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikea101010
Run lots of Cover 4. Read the #2 receiver on your side, whether thats a Slot WR or a TE on the line. If he runs deep, cover him man-to-man. If he doesn't run deep but runs a shallow, an out, in, slant etc., you fly down to the underneath zone level (i.e. LB/"yellow" zone level) and look to become a Robber and jump any inside route from the outside WR (a post, dig, slant), or anything coming across the field from the other side of the formation. Lots of picks this way.

For the run game, from same Cover 4, as soon as you read that its a run, fly down into the box aggressively and play the run from outside-in (i.e. protect the outside alley 1st, then fold inside toward the "B" gap between OG and OT.

Its true that at times there is much less "action" to be had when playing as a Safety, but once you get used to it i find it more fun than being a LB or DL, as I get to play deep pass coverage as well as play the run.
Old 02-17-2018, 10:11 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

I really enjoy playing FS and avg 6-7 int a yr. Do any of you experience your player jumping from one part of the field to another? every now and then I have this problem

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »