Home

Drafting from Bethel Cookman

This is a discussion on Drafting from Bethel Cookman within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 02-13-2018, 11:08 AM   #1
F17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Drafting from Bethel Cookman

So, I'm a few drafts in in some online leagues, as well as doing countless offline drafts. I am now convinced that some of the "Lesser" colleges have something wired in to give them either top stats or at least a dev trait. They seem to often be projected 3rd round or lower, but be ranked in the top 15 for True Talent.
Wondered if anyone else has spotted something like this. It could be coincidence, but Madden is nothing if not predictable
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2018, 03:23 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Drafting from Bethel Cookman

Quote:
Originally Posted by F17
So, I'm a few drafts in in some online leagues, as well as doing countless offline drafts. I am now convinced that some of the "Lesser" colleges have something wired in to give them either top stats or at least a dev trait. They seem to often be projected 3rd round or lower, but be ranked in the top 15 for True Talent.
Wondered if anyone else has spotted something like this. It could be coincidence, but Madden is nothing if not predictable
So if you look at the NFL and who actually makes in, players from small schools and HBCUs (Historically Black Colleges like BETHUNE Cookman) tend to be rare by comparison, BUT they do sometimes have some gems that pop up, and they're usually later round steals. Tarik Cohen of the Bears went to North Carolina A&T. Jerry Rice was from a small school in GA as was Shannon Sharpe. Josh Allen is about to be a 1st round pick. So I think it's just a way for the Devs to show some love to the small programs.
Old 02-16-2018, 03:55 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Just because I'm nitpicky, Jerry Rice was Mississippi Valley St.

Thats interesting though, I'm not sure if the game specifically puts talented players in small schools/HBC schools or if the amount of late round gems is just randomized in terms of school.
For me on my franchise, I feel like I seem to get a disproportionate amount of good prospects coming out of Pitt, which isn't a small school, but a school where I tend to see good prospects in both late and early rounds.

Random schools could be the case for any late round gems. The scouting system makes them super easy to find. I usually just scout the entirety of the positions I need, then I usually scout whatever skill position players I missed when the combine scores go out.
Old 02-17-2018, 05:21 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 1

logically if they are from a "smaller" school/lower division, to get drafted they have to have something so it makes sense

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »