Home

Do You Edit Ratings in CFM?

This is a discussion on Do You Edit Ratings in CFM? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 02-14-2018, 04:23 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Do You Edit Ratings in CFM?

I edit ratings all the time... mainly because I like to create 'all world' free agents. The 99 rated Lawrence Taylor that I created got a 7 year/$146M contract from the 49ers. The 99 rated Walter Payton i created got a $88M contract. Once I changed teams and forgot to turn scouting to "auto" and ended up drafting bad players... I updated those ratings as well but nothing too crazy
Old 02-14-2018, 07:13 PM   #10
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennylc629
I edit ratings all the time... mainly because I like to create 'all world' free agents. The 99 rated Lawrence Taylor that I created got a 7 year/$146M contract from the 49ers. The 99 rated Walter Payton i created got a $88M contract. Once I changed teams and forgot to turn scouting to "auto" and ended up drafting bad players... I updated those ratings as well but nothing too crazy
What's the purpose of creating those type of free agents? Just to get other teams to spend big? I just edit my guys that aren't old getting regressed. I also will trade my free agents I have for other players that will either cost too much or say they will play elsewhere.
Old 02-15-2018, 03:52 AM   #11
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10

I edit a wide range of ratings.

All Ks, from start or draft, get -10 Acc +10 AWR. QBs get THP dropped, only a few in 89-93 range, helps incoming rookies fit better and I prefer it.

Near end of season I bump all rostered players to 60 awr, and give younger players (21-23) 'learning' bumps if not playing.

Practice Squad players also get AWR/PRC end-of-season bumps to develop them.

Low rated players with big years get bumps, since xp sliders low.

I also give bumps to players I'm releasing. Little thank you bump so they may better have a chance if sticking around.

Do more but those kinda my 'rules'
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2018, 11:03 AM   #12
Pro

Devaster's Arena

I edit ratings to fix regression issues that are more realistic, like others have mentioned. EA really did a poor job with regression. Every position regressing at age 28-29 is unrealistic. Medical advances, nutritional advances, and conditioning advances have all extended the careers of many positions in the NFL. Age 30 is the new age 35 for a lot of positions. We are seeing a lot of QB's play to age 40. WR's playing into their mid 30's. Even some RB's having extended careers. So I do my best to adjust this.

I edit to fix weight on some players on my team and around the league to make them better "size" fits for their schemes. Nothing crazy though, just 5-20 lbs usually. Not taking a 240lb guy and making him a 300+ lb interior defender or something.

I edit positions of some players around the league because the CPU tends to screw up sometimes when hiring a new coach and has a scheme change. Like the Atlanta HC mentioned he is going to move Vic Beasley back to DE in 2018 as a pass rusher and he wasn't properly used as a LB in 2017. I also edit FA's with position changes if it can improve their OVR and maybe the CPU will then add those players to their active rosters. This usually only works when converting 4-3 run stopper, 3-4 versatile, and 3-4 run stopper DE's to DT's. Not many other position changes improve a player's OVR. But at least it gives those players a chance at starting for a CPU team.

I have also gone back and edited ratings of players around my league (in my 4th season now 2020) that better reflect some of the breakout players in 2017 that might have been missed when I first started my franchise back in October. I let the CPU pick them up as FA's if they were in the FA pool, which they usually are. And with 2017 over and done with I won't need to edit players around the league like this any more to account for some missing breakout players.

I don't edit ratings beyond that though. I let the XP sliders do their work and progress players normally.

Last edited by Devaster; 02-15-2018 at 12:24 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »