Home

Can we get Jet Sweeps back into the game?

This is a discussion on Can we get Jet Sweeps back into the game? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-05-2018, 09:54 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 15
Can we get Jet Sweeps back into the game?

I am assuming that they must have been broken in competative play or something because in madden 17 I remember there being plenty of jet sweeps, but this year there is maybe 1, 3-4 if you count the ones that are in wildcat formations.

For teams like KC (and next year in Chicago probably) the Jet sweep is a legitimate part of an offenses playbook. I liked creating offensive playbooks designed around playmakers who just need the ball in space.

Did Jet sweeps break competitive play last year and that's why they took them out or was it something else?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2018, 10:02 AM   #2
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Can we get Jet Sweeps back into the game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by feeq14
I am assuming that they must have been broken in competative play or something because in madden 17 I remember there being plenty of jet sweeps, but this year there is maybe 1, 3-4 if you count the ones that are in wildcat formations.

For teams like KC (and next year in Chicago probably) the Jet sweep is a legitimate part of an offenses playbook. I liked creating offensive playbooks designed around playmakers who just need the ball in space.

Did Jet sweeps break competitive play last year and that's why they took them out or was it something else?
I use the ATL playbook and they have one in a 5 wide shotgun formation where the RB is the closest receiver of the two split out left and it was broken for a long time this year where the QB would never hand it off. I took a break from Madden from November until this weekend and I noticed that the play now works which is cool. Could be that there are less because of similar issues.
Old 03-06-2018, 02:07 PM   #3
Rookie

If I am not mistaken, this play is in the 5 WR Trio playbook or something like that. Maybe it is something I am missing but I do not run this play because it is always an automatic 3 yard loss because of AI psychic defense... you know... I run the play and the AI just so happens to line up in Wide Nine or they just so happen to be blitzing the corner.
Old 03-06-2018, 02:41 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennylc629
If I am not mistaken, this play is in the 5 WR Trio playbook or something like that. Maybe it is something I am missing but I do not run this play because it is always an automatic 3 yard loss because of AI psychic defense... you know... I run the play and the AI just so happens to line up in Wide Nine or they just so happen to be blitzing the corner.
The thing is that in madden 17 there were at least a dozen jet sweep plays not just one. And they worked in moderation.
Old 03-06-2018, 04:18 PM   #5
Rookie

elchristo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by feeq14
The thing is that in madden 17 there were at least a dozen jet sweep plays not just one. And they worked in moderation.
i used them at least 10 times a game with Tyreek Hill and Andrew Hawkins, d say roughly 33% of the time id break it for a huge run, 33% of the time it would be stuffed in the backfield and 33% of the time it would be a huge run for a touchdown, it was my best play to run inside my own 5 yard line.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2018, 05:09 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 6

Anthony White gives the reasoning here: https://twitter.com/AWhite_73/status/898271773581561856

Also mentions here that they re-did the hand off system so maybe we can expect them in Madden 19?

Last edited by Alex the Great; 03-06-2018 at 05:49 PM.
Old 03-06-2018, 08:35 PM   #7
Rookie

elchristo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex the Great
Anthony White gives the reasoning here: https://twitter.com/AWhite_73/status/898271773581561856

Also mentions here that they re-did the hand off system so maybe we can expect them in Madden 19?
i never had problems with handoffs in madden, in NCAA14 however it was just a roll of the dice if it would work or it ends up being stuck in the QB's hands
Old 03-06-2018, 09:41 PM   #8
Rookie

Prime Rose's Arena

This was such a great play lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »