Home

Does awareness adjustments fix the stupidity flaws?

This is a discussion on Does awareness adjustments fix the stupidity flaws? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 02-21-2018, 06:54 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Does awareness adjustments fix the stupidity flaws?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
I've seen many people here say that RATINGS, not sliders, are the key to fixing Madden. I was thinking about the really dumb, unrealistic things like blindly running past a block, and this notion about ratings, and I thought I'd ask our advanced slider/ratings guys:

Will adjusting awareness fix this problem? Madden already hits the User AI with penalties, and it seems to be especially laid out in the awareness rating. Would raising awareness for all User AI players (the linemen, and whatever defenders you don't use) fix the really stupid things we see in the name of "challenge" that Tiburon has put into the game?

Those of you experienced in vast ratings adjustment to get sim play, please give your insight.

It will fix many problems but I still have all starting o lineman above 90 awareness and they will blatantly slide past a block on 4 man rushes. Itís not perfect but it helps

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 02-21-2018, 07:12 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 6
Does awareness adjustments fix the stupidity flaws?

Quote:
I've seen many people here say that RATINGS, not sliders, are the key to fixing Madden. I was thinking about the really dumb, unrealistic things like blindly running past a block, and this notion about ratings, and I thought I'd ask our advanced slider/ratings guys:

Will adjusting awareness fix this problem? Madden already hits the User AI with penalties, and it seems to be especially laid out in the awareness rating. Would raising awareness for all User AI players (the linemen, and whatever defenders you don't use) fix the really stupid things we see in the name of "challenge" that Tiburon has put into the game?

Those of you experienced in vast ratings adjustment to get sim play, please give your insight.

It's about rating thresholds and the animations/dice rolls they trigger. Check out Gutfox's interview with Rex Dickson on YouTube where he reveals a lot of the thresholds. Once you know and understand the thresholds you can go about making a realistic roster. Just a couple quick examples as I'm on iPad. There's no difference between 99 and 91 truck as 91 is the maximum threshold. There is however a big difference between 91 and 99 speed. Height also affects speed. A 6'4' WR w/ 90 speed will be faster than a 6'0' WR w/ 90 speed.

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports
Old 02-21-2018, 10:34 PM   #11
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennylc629
Adjust the ratings for all players? Who in the world has time for that?
If you play on All Madden, you only have to worry about your own players for the most part.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2018, 10:35 PM   #12
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Review
It's about rating thresholds and the animations/dice rolls they trigger. Check out Gutfox's interview with Rex Dickson on YouTube where he reveals a lot of the thresholds. Once you know and understand the thresholds you can go about making a realistic roster. Just a couple quick examples as I'm on iPad. There's no difference between 99 and 91 truck as 91 is the maximum threshold. There is however a big difference between 91 and 99 speed. Height also affects speed. A 6'4' WR w/ 90 speed will be faster than a 6'0' WR w/ 90 speed.

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports
So speed is leg motion speed, not ground cover speed? In hindsight I imagine that would be easier to code.
Old 02-22-2018, 12:47 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
So speed is leg motion speed, not ground cover speed? In hindsight I imagine that would be easier to code.
Right. The 6'4 guy will be faster because he covers more ground. It's also important to note that speed matters 4x more than acceleration. For example, You have two WRs who are 6'0. One WR is 75 spd and 90 acc and other is 90 spd and 75 acc. After the 1st 10/15 yards they will both accelerate at the same speed and then the 90 spd WR will leave him in the dust after that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4px49nscvk

Last edited by Review; 02-22-2018 at 01:52 PM.
Old 02-22-2018, 01:15 PM   #14
Pro

Devaster's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Review
Right. The 6'4 guy will be faster because he covers more ground. It's also important to note that speed matters 4x more than acceleration. FFor example, You have two WRs who are 6'0. One WR is 75 spd and 90 acc and other is 90 spd and 75 acc. After the 1st 10/15 yards they will both accelerate at the same speed and then the 90 spd WR will leave him in the dust after that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4px49nscvk
Thanks for posting that. Really interesting test. Didn't realize animations would do that, although it makes sense that EA didn't take into account how height and weight would impact animations.

Is there a video showing that going beyond 90 Trucking will make absolutely no difference ever? I would imagine it still provides a better chance of a successful truck at 99 vs 90 (90 unlocks the last animation). Even if you perform that last animation isn't there still a dice roll on whether or not it beats the opposing defender? Wouldn't the Trucking stat factor into the beating the defender success rate?

Last edited by Devaster; 02-22-2018 at 01:32 PM.
Old 02-22-2018, 09:37 PM   #15
Let's Go Brandon!

Milticket's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennylc629
I'm extremely lazy... could you just upload your roster?

Seriously though... maybe I'll just do a handful of teams... jack some of their awareness ratings up to 99 and drop other teams down to 1 and see if i can feel a difference.
Yeah lol. It comes down to coding in instances. A Ol wont even block a guy right in front of him but run to double team someone.I only edit rosters inside CFM.
Ori & The Blind Forest (XSX)
Metro Exodus (PS5)

"Players make the NFL money, not the coaches. It's not a 2-way street, follow the bread crumbs."

Last edited by Milticket; 02-22-2018 at 09:47 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »