Home

Rex's Reflections on Madden 18 and the Future

This is a discussion on Rex's Reflections on Madden 18 and the Future within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-18-2018, 01:54 PM   #57
Rookie

SyncereBlackout's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Rex's Reflections on Madden 18 and the Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gritblitzer
I think Sonny hit the nail on the head when he said that there was a 'rubber-banding' effect going on with franchise mode. There are a lot of Online CFM vets right now who are starting to get back into the single player CFM's.

There's no excuse to not have more immersion in franchise mode - ESPECIALLY offline franchise. We were witness 10 to 13 years ago to a franchise era in Madden that was so in depth that people played it for years on end. This of course isn't just a Madden issue, it's an EA Sports issue. Every one of EA's games lacks in the franchise sector and they've been that way since the introduction of their 2008 games. Everything just went down hill when it comes to single player.

Unfortunately that's not going to change, I know people want to see more depth in single player in these games but I don't see these companies ever getting close to their old ways. They're caught up in the online competitive gaming. They should be, it makes them money. Despite what these guys say, I think everything needs to be taken with a "we'll believe it when we see it attitude".

When it comes to “immersion” can you explain the difference between offline and online immersion?

I ask because aside from playing at your leisure vs scheduling a game to play an opponent, I don’t know if any other “differences” between online and offline CFM (immersion wise)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NY Jets
NY Yankees
NY Rangers
Florida Gators
Old 02-18-2018, 05:05 PM   #58
Pro

Devaster's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gritblitzer
I think Sonny hit the nail on the head when he said that there was a 'rubber-banding' effect going on with franchise mode. There are a lot of Online CFM vets right now who are starting to get back into the single player CFM's.

There's no excuse to not have more immersion in franchise mode - ESPECIALLY offline franchise. We were witness 10 to 13 years ago to a franchise era in Madden that was so in depth that people played it for years on end. This of course isn't just a Madden issue, it's an EA Sports issue. Every one of EA's games lacks in the franchise sector and they've been that way since the introduction of their 2008 games. Everything just went down hill when it comes to single player.

Unfortunately that's not going to change, I know people want to see more depth in single player in these games but I don't see these companies ever getting close to their old ways. They're caught up in the online competitive gaming. They should be, it makes them money. Despite what these guys say, I think everything needs to be taken with a "we'll believe it when we see it attitude".
How has the immersion diminished over the years? If anything, I feel like it has improved, but not to the extent everyone wants. I remember Madden in 2007-2009 and it was almost un-playable. Crashed all the time. Drove me insane.

I remember scouting being more in depth in M13 and M15. But I find the current scouting system much more fair.

What kind of additional immersion are you talking about that should be added? What was removed that you thought shouldn't be?
Old 02-19-2018, 11:08 AM   #59
MVP

OVR: 15

I only feel a break in immersion when I play the Falcons and Julio only gets 3 targets all game.

I only feel a break in immersion when I'm playing a team like the patriots or the Pack and I'm stuffing the run but they don't abandon it at any point in time even though they are able to gash me through the air.

I only feel a break in immersion when I gash a teams defense 3 times in 1 quarter on third and long because they do a cover 1 or cover 0 blitz and I toss an easy slant or cross for a 50 yard touchdown and the keep doing it over and over.

I'm ok with the scouting and the draft and ratings and player development being suboptimal becuase I'm tired of having to create playbooks for the computer AI so that they don't handicap themselves in their playcalling.
Old 02-19-2018, 11:25 AM   #60
Pro

Devaster's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by feeq14
I only feel a break in immersion when I play the Falcons and Julio only gets 3 targets all game.

I only feel a break in immersion when I'm playing a team like the patriots or the Pack and I'm stuffing the run but they don't abandon it at any point in time even though they are able to gash me through the air.

I only feel a break in immersion when I gash a teams defense 3 times in 1 quarter on third and long because they do a cover 1 or cover 0 blitz and I toss an easy slant or cross for a 50 yard touchdown and the keep doing it over and over.

I'm ok with the scouting and the draft and ratings and player development being suboptimal becuase I'm tired of having to create playbooks for the computer AI so that they don't handicap themselves in their playcalling.
I don't disagree with any of that. The CPU play-calling and game-management is indeed a real issue. But that has always been an issue to my knowledge. There were certainly some better immersion parts of it like when Peyton Manning would always whittle the play-clock down to 1s, but that was about it. The CPU's play-calling, game-management, clock-management, etc. have all been terrible since I remember starting to play Madden which was around 2007.
Old 02-19-2018, 01:50 PM   #61
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefJoeHalt
18 was better then 17, 17 was better then 16..etc..but never have we had that “huge leap” and we aren’t going too..

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Yes, we most certainly did.

2001-2005.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2018, 05:21 PM   #62
MVP

Toupal's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden08PCgmr
Yes, we most certainly did.

2001-2005.
I can agree with that.

Since the PS3/XBOX 360 (ironically the same time as the exclusive deal), this game has made no real effort to take that BIG leap.

Everytime they do take their version of a big leap, it seems they take a step backwards.

We are still recovering from the travesty of Madden 13 and CCM.
Old 02-19-2018, 09:10 PM   #63
MVP

jerwoods's Arena

OVR: 1

i can fix my issues with the game but its hard to make teams play life their real life counerparts
Old 02-20-2018, 10:36 AM   #64
Pro

triplechin's Arena

OVR: 2

There are a lot of areas to improve obviously. I think the AI playcalling and situational awareness can benefit MUT as well since MUT guys do challenges vs CPU so hopefully that is something on the radar. The mess of CFM coding scares me. With XP as the base it is just dressing up a crappy system

FRANCHISE OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html

PROGRESSION OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »