Home

Must have feature for online CFM in 19!!!

This is a discussion on Must have feature for online CFM in 19!!! within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2018, 01:33 AM   #1
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Aug 2009
Must have feature for online CFM in 19!!!

Seperate slide sets for USER vs USER and for USER vs CPU


Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
tha0ne is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2018, 11:22 AM   #2
Rookie
 
SyncereBlackout's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 829
Re: Must have feature for online CFM in 19!!!

Why. Users control 1 person the other are controlled by the cpu? So we want a slider for just the player being usered?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Grown Man League (GML) - Commish (PS4)

NY Jets
NY Yankees
NY Rangers
Florida Gators
SyncereBlackout is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 11:27 AM   #3
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Dec 2007
Re: Must have feature for online CFM in 19!!!

This would be very useful for online CFMs with less than 32 users. I run a 4 person CFM and user vs. user games can be wonky because you’re (presumably) playing with Player sliders vs. Player sliders instead of Player sliders vs. CPU sliders.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
wplatham is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 12:42 PM   #4
MVP
 
ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Dec 2009
Re: Must have feature for online CFM in 19!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyncereBlackout
Why. Users control 1 person the other are controlled by the cpu? So we want a slider for just the player being usered?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Spoken like someone who hasn’t played both user v user and user v cpu extensively.

Not only are you WRONG about how many players you can control (ever heard of switching?), a user also controls far more, from play calling to coach adjustments to hot routes.


It is a VASTLY different experience, and for CFM, different slider setups for user v user and user v cpu would be VERY useful.
ForUntoOblivionSoar∞ is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 08:39 AM   #5
Rookie
 
SyncereBlackout's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 829
Re: Must have feature for online CFM in 19!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
Spoken like someone who hasn’t played both user v user and user v cpu extensively.



Not only are you WRONG about how many players you can control (ever heard of switching?), a user also controls far more, from play calling to coach adjustments to hot routes.





It is a VASTLY different experience, and for CFM, different slider setups for user v user and user v cpu would be VERY useful.

I understand the experiences are different and this is why I attempted to limit my question to sliders specifically.

I don’t know how to quantify extensively so I’ll just say my CFM is only “half full” and my solo CFM is in the cloud (is this what offline means)? And I play year round in both. 8-10 seasons in each.

While I’m familiar with switching, users can only control one player at a time. So I’m not clear on how sliders can put an out of player position, in position once the user switches to them. In previous maddens it has been a problem but recent gameplay tuning has made it dull/non existent.

Play calling and coach adjustments we can all agree need a cpu overhaul, but I’m unaware of a slider that can change the cpu play calling or pre play adjustments? Enlighten me because if there is my solo CFM has been missing out.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Grown Man League (GML) - Commish (PS4)

NY Jets
NY Yankees
NY Rangers
Florida Gators
SyncereBlackout is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2018, 04:39 PM   #6
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Dec 2007
Re: Must have feature for online CFM in 19!!!

I think there’s some confusion here.

For a User vs. CPU game, the User’s team will use the “Player” sliders while the CPU will use the “CPU” sliders. I don’t think there’s a difference for the specific player being User controlled.

The problem with this is if you get the User vs. CPU sliders how you want them, that’s great. But when you go into a head to head game, it’s now “Player” sliders vs. “Player” sliders since both teams are user controlled. This leads to head to head games with wildly different results from the User vs. CPU games.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
wplatham is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 10:09 AM   #7
Pro
 
briz1046's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: May 2013
Re: Must have feature for online CFM in 19!!!

I think it would be equally beneficial for the user to have the ability to assign CPU teams with custom play books without having to use the *3rd QB* workaround
This would help to improve CPU playcalling and make those games more competitive
briz1046 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 09:38 AM   #8
MVP
 
ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Dec 2009
Re: Must have feature for online CFM in 19!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyncereBlackout
I understand the experiences are different and this is why I attempted to limit my question to sliders specifically.

I don’t know how to quantify extensively so I’ll just say my CFM is only “half full” and my solo CFM is in the cloud (is this what offline means)? And I play year round in both. 8-10 seasons in each.

While I’m familiar with switching, users can only control one player at a time. So I’m not clear on how sliders can put an out of player position, in position once the user switches to them. In previous maddens it has been a problem but recent gameplay tuning has made it dull/non existent.

Play calling and coach adjustments we can all agree need a cpu overhaul, but I’m unaware of a slider that can change the cpu play calling or pre play adjustments? Enlighten me because if there is my solo CFM has been missing out.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Here is the problem I am referring to: in online CFMs, sometimes a player can’t make a game, sometimes a team isn’t controlled by a user (in unfilled leagues), or sometimes a user is suspended by league admin. In those situations, someone has to play against the CPU.

If a user has a game against the AI, you can have troubles due to sliders.


Either the AI opponent is too stupid, with CPU players constantly out of position or getting owned by the AI on the user team, and you get 70-3 wins, or the AI players on the user team don’t even attempt to do their jobs.


Vs CPU sliders could help with those problems.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Therebelyell626
I am going to create a team called "the gay town butt pirates" and hurt your already diminishing image
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...&postcount=170

Last edited by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞; 03-01-2018 at 09:42 AM.
ForUntoOblivionSoar∞ is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:31 PM.

Top -