Home

Does madden want a realistic game?

This is a discussion on Does madden want a realistic game? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-03-2018, 09:31 PM   #129
Pro

GrayDawg's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Does madden want a realistic game?

It is easy to see that the realism/sim argument can mean different things to people and it doesn't help that EA has led us to this point of frustration across the community. I do agree sim is a state of mind but gameplay needs to come closer to simulating the game than it currently does. This is why we need an in depth slider system where users can turn off things they don't want and increase or decrease things based on preferences along with the gameplay changes.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 03-04-2018, 05:44 AM   #130
Pro

JayCutlersCig's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
I mean ability can be looked at two ways. They either don't have the ability due to the talent at Tiburon, or they don't have the ability due to EA dictating what can and can't be fixed or added to the game. Personally I think it's both. I'm not questioning their passion, but I am questioning their talent and direction. Rex, Clint, Cam, Ian, Phil, whoever can say what they want. The product always speaks for itself.

There’s this arrogant aura that I absolutely hate from this dev team, primarily from Rex. Maybe it’s from his challenging to 2K to acquire the license. Maybe it’s nothing. I think you’re right, though, I’m starting to question their talent. I know that past Maddens are technologically inferior, but it feels like Maddens 05-12 offered the most realistic gameplay. M18 just looks and plays ugly to me, with most of my issues coming from the awful physics and unholy rubber banding in All-Madden.

I’m sure these guys are good people, but I’m just not satisfied with their product and I’m honestly considering skipping out on 19. Whether or not I can fight the NFL itch, though, that’s a different story.
Old 03-04-2018, 05:47 AM   #131
Pro

JayCutlersCig's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykelmosinee
This. I still cannot BELIEVE they took this penalty completely out of the game AFTER touting the "3 different modes" of play. Ludicrous and idiotic, imo.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Funnily enough, they left the holding animations in the game, but took out the calling of the penalty. I’ve had guys be completely wrapped up at the line of scrimmage and on slants across the middle. Ridiculous.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2018, 07:38 PM   #132
3-4 Defense

roll2tide's Arena

OVR: 13

I don't know what they WANT to make. I know what they DO make and it isn't worth $60 to me.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA

Twitter roll2tide
Old 03-04-2018, 08:48 PM   #133
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
Because The Show’s gameplay is vastly superior and replicates it’s sport better than any console sports game on the market.

And baseball rules......but I am biased.
Have to disagree. Sometimes I’d rather watch golf or tennis than grass growing. I mean baseball.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Old 03-04-2018, 10:02 PM   #134
MVP

Nunyerbiz's Arena

OVR: 4

When it all comes together, the greatest single thing in sports is a good pitcher v batter dynamic. That said, it's not something that can be truly appreciated in the cheap seats 370 feet away... and with 162 games and 30 teams there are a lot of times when it doesn't all come together. But baseball was always my favorite sport to play and come playoff time, my favorite sport to watch.

But it's also the easiest to translate into acceptable video game format. Nail the aforementioned pitcher v batter dynamic and that's like 75% of the battle. Even back in the earliest days of 3D some twenty-ish years ago, baseball video games were way ahead of the other sports as far as accurate replication.
Old 03-05-2018, 11:01 AM   #135
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCutlersCig
There’s this arrogant aura that I absolutely hate from this dev team, primarily from Rex. Maybe it’s from his challenging to 2K to acquire the license. Maybe it’s nothing. I think you’re right, though, I’m starting to question their talent. I know that past Maddens are technologically inferior, but it feels like Maddens 05-12 offered the most realistic gameplay. M18 just looks and plays ugly to me, with most of my issues coming from the awful physics and unholy rubber banding in All-Madden.

I’m sure these guys are good people, but I’m just not satisfied with their product and I’m honestly considering skipping out on 19. Whether or not I can fight the NFL itch, though, that’s a different story.
I'll never question a mans work ethic, desire, or effort towards their job. I believe the Dev team is doing all they can with what is in place.

I'm much more apt to throw the book at the suits, who COULD allow the team to build a Ferrari, but are content to package a Civic instead. They can get away with it because the game will always sell, thanks to their monopoly on football gaming, and the rabid desire of the general public for all things NFL.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2018, 01:03 PM   #136
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunyerbiz
When it all comes together, the greatest single thing in sports is a good pitcher v batter dynamic. That said, it's not something that can be truly appreciated in the cheap seats 370 feet away... and with 162 games and 30 teams there are a lot of times when it doesn't all come together. But baseball was always my favorite sport to play and come playoff time, my favorite sport to watch.

But it's also the easiest to translate into acceptable video game format. Nail the aforementioned pitcher v batter dynamic and that's like 75% of the battle. Even back in the earliest days of 3D some twenty-ish years ago, baseball video games were way ahead of the other sports as far as accurate replication.
baseball is a rather simple sport.

none of the players even need to do anything unless the ball is coming their way.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »