Home

Does madden want a realistic game?

This is a discussion on Does madden want a realistic game? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Forza Horizon 5 Review
Have Card-Collecting Modes Become Too Complicated?
Hockey Ultimate Team in NHL 22 Polishes Familiar Formula
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 03-06-2018, 06:07 AM   #137
Pro

JayCutlersCig's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Does madden want a realistic game?

I reached my breaking point with this franchise tonight. Iím not putting up with the flagrant, unrealistic rubber banding in this game anymore. Itís funny. I forgot which forum I was on, but I remember seeing Kane criticize disgruntled fans on here, saying something like ďWe bring new innovation to the game, and this is how you treat us??Ē Iím paraphrasing there, but I honestly donít think making the game cheat is making the game better.

Iím through. Iíve been a fan of Madden for 17 years and Madden 18 did more than scratch the itch to play an NFL licensed game. It turned me away from football games in general with the physics, the abysmal AI. Itís clear that 18 and quite possibly future games wonít be made for the football fan, but for the average Joe who doesnít know what an A-gap blitz is.

It is what it is. To those who enjoy the game, more power to you, seriously. Iím sorry, boys. I just canít deal with this anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 03-06-2018, 10:31 PM   #138
Rookie

Prime Rose's Arena

Scoring numbers in franchise are pretty bad this year
Old 03-07-2018, 07:25 AM   #139
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
Have to disagree. Sometimes Iíd rather watch golf or tennis than grass growing. I mean baseball.

And some folks feel the same way about football. 10 minutes of on the field action crammed into a 3 hour broadcast. Fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 03-07-2018, 12:24 PM   #140
Pro

triplechin's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunyerbiz
Well, I think they moved from an old horse to a new horse that does basically the same thing. I just retired a rebuild CFM where I let the CPU do about 90% of my player progression... I'd occasionally step in if I didn't want a blocking TE to waste time on receiving perks, but that was rare. Overall, it seemed to play out like Madden always does. Now granted, that's a sad state of affairs for such a long period of time... but I think it's tread water more than gone backwards. I have another CFM where I do all the progression... and really I spend it about the same way the CPU does. I'm always paranoid about *not* improving AWR when I have the chance.
I can see this argument, and it is fair enough. But that stagnation, as you said, for such a long period of time is a huge issue. Instead of growing, the mode was set back where they had to work hard to just keep it afloat, and quite frankly the mode should be far superior to what it is today. I don't know who to blame but I definitely had a lot more hope X years ago when I heard the NFL Head Coach guy was taking over franchise. However, it ended up falling very very short of the mark.

FRANCHISE OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html

PROGRESSION OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html
Old 03-07-2018, 12:32 PM   #141
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplechin
I can see this argument, and it is fair enough. But that stagnation, as you said, for such a long period of time is a huge issue. Instead of growing, the mode was set back where they had to work hard to just keep it afloat, and quite frankly the mode should be far superior to what it is today. I don't know who to blame but I definitely had a lot more hope X years ago when I heard the NFL Head Coach guy was taking over franchise. However, it ended up falling very very short of the mark.
Why not simply remove the mode if they're not interested in making it what it should be?

Invest those resources elsewhere.

Come back to it when you have the desire and wherewithal.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2018, 06:44 PM   #142
MVP

scitychamps87's Arena

OVR: 3

Simple answer. On All-Madden....an emphatic NO.

Sent from my XT1650 using Operation Sports mobile app
--5 Time Stanley Cup Champions--
Old 03-09-2018, 01:03 AM   #143
MVP

itsmb8's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogunreaper
baseball is a rather simple sport.

none of the players even need to do anything unless the ball is coming their way.
It really isnt though... I mean, there's times when a right fielder has to run to back up first base on a grounder to 3rd, or a 1st baseman being the cutoff man to home on a throw from the outfield. A lot of people dont like baseball, or golf, or football on TV because there is a lot of stoppage and youre not engaged because youre not there.

If someone who was extremely bored by golf or baseball, went to the final round of the Masters or the US Open, or went to any game of a World Series, I'll bet their mind will be changed after.
Old 03-09-2018, 10:42 AM   #144
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmb8
It really isnt though... I mean, there's times when a right fielder has to run to back up first base on a grounder to 3rd, or a 1st baseman being the cutoff man to home on a throw from the outfield. A lot of people dont like baseball, or golf, or football on TV because there is a lot of stoppage and youre not engaged because youre not there.

If someone who was extremely bored by golf or baseball, went to the final round of the Masters or the US Open, or went to any game of a World Series, I'll bet their mind will be changed after.

Baseball is extraordinarily simple in coding terms. Even the situation you described, a 1st baseman rotating to become cutoff man for a throw home, would be one of the simplest interactions on a football field. I'm not saying simple = bad or means the game lacks depth, which is a trigger for some folks. But almost every interaction between players or between player & ball in baseball can be codified and represented with a series of logical rules. Simply not so for football yet, too many moving parts happening at once.

Commissioner
After Work Football League
(Xbox Series S/X)
AWFL Discord
AWFL Daddyleagues

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »