Home

Does madden want a realistic game?

This is a discussion on Does madden want a realistic game? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 03-09-2018, 10:35 AM   #145
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: Does madden want a realistic game?

I know this goes against all the laws of Madden’s version of football, but a big part of this games issue is the gamer is out in a position (view point) that makes us see the games animation issues.

I tested this ideology out with FIFA, NHL and NBA Live/2K BBall, by playing at the same behind the back view as from Madden.

In just a few minutes in each game, I start to notice some animation issues/transitions/clipping/shifting etc.

Went back to the normal played view of each game and sumerized that all of these 4 games suffer from the same thing with one difference, the “camera view/angle”.

So many of the animation issues is hid behind the “Side Angle” view that really helps with the fluidity of the movement, thus gameplay.
- still has issues, just minimized a lot

This idea to be so close to see the uniform stitch and all this other close up artwork puts the gamers eyes center front to see all the hiccups dealing with gameplay.

I tweeted the devs several times that Madden needs to at least provide an All-22 Broadcast View as an option.

It’s the only sports game that doesn’t try to replicate the view from how the game is actually watched on tv.
It’s always been an awkward transition with their football games.

There’s a camera Lock Player bug on the Broadcast View when clicked back that pans from an All-22 Broadcast View and starts to zoom in as the action unfolds.

I see none of the issues I normally see on the behind view and gameplay/player movement just seems natural to my eyes with the flowing horizontally vs vertically.

Throw in the commentary that goes on during gameplay and I’m like, this is it!!!

It looks/feels like a real game on TV.

I really believe they need to invest in a true Broadcast View to help minimize what the behind view exposes.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg D3DF94E8-E34F-4BD0-8468-30D306DCEF6D.jpeg (499.0 KB, 123 views)
File Type: jpeg 2C51BACE-2545-4330-8DBD-A0BFC30439A1.jpeg (92.2 KB, 119 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2018, 08:04 PM   #146
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
I know this goes against all the laws of Madden’s version of football, but a big part of this games issue is the gamer is out in a position (view point) that makes us see the games animation issues.

I tested this ideology out with FIFA, NHL and NBA Live/2K BBall, by playing at the same behind the back view as from Madden.

In just a few minutes in each game, I start to notice some animation issues/transitions/clipping/shifting etc.

Went back to the normal played view of each game and sumerized that all of these 4 games suffer from the same thing with one difference, the “camera view/angle”.

So many of the animation issues is hid behind the “Side Angle” view that really helps with the fluidity of the movement, thus gameplay.
- still has issues, just minimized a lot

This idea to be so close to see the uniform stitch and all this other close up artwork puts the gamers eyes center front to see all the hiccups dealing with gameplay.

I tweeted the devs several times that Madden needs to at least provide an All-22 Broadcast View as an option.

It’s the only sports game that doesn’t try to replicate the view from how the game is actually watched on tv.
It’s always been an awkward transition with their football games.

There’s a camera Lock Player bug on the Broadcast View when clicked back that pans from an All-22 Broadcast View and starts to zoom in as the action unfolds.

I see none of the issues I normally see on the behind view and gameplay/player movement just seems natural to my eyes with the flowing horizontally vs vertically.

Throw in the commentary that goes on during gameplay and I’m like, this is it!!!

It looks/feels like a real game on TV.

I really believe they need to invest in a true Broadcast View to help minimize what the behind view exposes.
He’s right on the money about Broadcast Cam.

I do cpu/cpu games exclusively and I don’t see near the amount of glitches others do in Broadcast Cam. Also the game plays 100 percent better if you don’t skip cut scenes. Also cuts back on blocked kicks. Desn’t kill it, but im not seeing near as many. Maybe one every 4 games. If a rivalry/divisor game has one, it’ll probably have 2. They still have some NCAA logic in this game like homefield advantage and momentum.

These games are scripted, but it seems like you get the better script when you delete profile before EACH game.

Hell, when you skip the halftime report, the announcers kind of bust your balls about skipping it. Maybe that’s some kind of Easter egg hint or clue to not skip them.

The less users touch buttons, the better this game plays. The AI isn’t compels enough to match wits with humans, but it does a great job of playing against itself.

I’ve got a cpu/cpu slider set and it’s like watching a TV Broadcast. Wish they’d bring back sideline reports. Ive got videos that look like they should be on the commercial for the game. And im not just talking tds and sacks. It’s the small plays that are a beauty to watch. epsecially during replays.

Last edited by tommycoa; 03-09-2018 at 08:10 PM.
Old 03-09-2018, 09:59 PM   #147
Tiger Paw

tyberious4now's Arena

OVR: 2

Has anyone noticed that when you throw a pass to the TE in the flat he automatically fall down without being touched and also when there's no defender around?
Old 03-10-2018, 12:55 PM   #148
MVP

OVR: 0

If you are using default sliders then those animations are triggered by bad throws. Are you leading the pass or throwing bullet passes? Both are no bueno for throws on the types of flat routes that TEs or WRs run (they can be just fine for trying to hit swing or table routes out of the backfield). Timing also plays a factor, as once the receiver gets to close to the sideline you almost always get a bad catch animation unless you wait for them to stop and finish turning around.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »