Home

Does madden want a realistic game?

This is a discussion on Does madden want a realistic game? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-22-2018, 09:02 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Does madden want a realistic game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfie
My solution to the problem would be to give QBs like Brady, Brees, Montana, Manning etc. extra time in the pocket by making pass rush sort of delayed based on certain traits (maybe pocket awareness or pocket passer?)

As an example let's say pass rush gets to a QB with pocket awareness or pocket passer rating of 80 in 2.5 secs, for a QB with awareness of 98 (Brady) the pass rush will get to him on an average in 4 secs. In a way you are simulating the real life awareness and smarts of somebody like Brady by giving the user who is controlling Brady more time to throw. Thus if the user plays with Mariota he will only get 2-2.5 secs to throw before the pass rush gets to him on an average thereby giving the users who opt for Bradys, Mannings & Montanas an incentive.

The issue is you’re making the offensive line position irrelevant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-22-2018, 09:19 PM   #18
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by blockdownkickout
The issue is you’re making the offensive line position irrelevant.

No, not really. Let me elaborate a bit...

Say there's "OL Good" and "OL Poor" and there's "QB Great" and "QB Poor". And let's say there's a common defense they are going against. This is how I would expect the scenarios to play out :-

"OL Poor" with "QB Poor" - Pass rush gets to QB in 1.5 sec on average
"OL Good" with "QB Poor" - Pass rush gets to QB in 2.5 sec on average
"OL Poor" with "QB Great" - Pass rush gets to QB in 2.5 sec on average
"OL Good with QB Great" - Pass rush gets to QB in 3.5 sec on average

By giving better passers extra time in the pocket replicates better decision making or smarts/awareness in the video game. In other words a user with Tyrod Taylor will have less time in the pocket and thus should struggle with decision making, whereas a user with Brady or Brees will have more time to throw resulting in better decision making in the video game thus replicating how things are in real life.
Old 02-22-2018, 09:22 PM   #19
Banned

Quote:
No, not really. Let me elaborate a bit...

Say there's "OL Good" and "OL Poor" and there's "QB Great" and "QB Poor". And let's say there's a common defense they are going against. This is how I would expect the scenarios to play out :-

"OL Poor" with "QB Poor" - Pass rush gets to QB in 1.5 sec on average
"OL Good" with "QB Poor" - Pass rush gets to QB in 2.5 sec on average
"OL Poor" with "QB Great" - Pass rush gets to QB in 2.5 sec on average
"OL Good with QB Great" - Pass rush gets to QB in 3.5 sec on average

By giving better passers extra time in the pocket replicates better decision making or smarts/awareness in the video game. In other words a user with Tyrod Taylor will have less time in the pocket and thus should struggle with decision making, whereas a user with Brady or Brees will have more time to throw resulting in better decision making in the video game thus replicating how things are in real life.

This would be better than the current.
Last League I was In. Picked the browns because I’m a glutton for punishment. I play the Steelers week one and Big Bens on the sidelines. Joshua Dobbs who will probably never get real playing time is in and throws for 400 yards off a playaction.

Old 02-22-2018, 09:35 PM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
This would be better than the current.
Last League I was In. Picked the browns because I’m a glutton for punishment. I play the Steelers week one and Big Bens on the sidelines. Joshua Dobbs who will probably never get real playing time is in and throws for 400 yards off a playaction.

The thing which has struck me in Madden over the years is that the game doesn't differentiate great passers from the rest. If you play FIFA you can immediately see how the players such as Ronaldo or Messi are so different to handle compared to average players. But in Madden you don't see much difference for the most important position in the game.

Sure the game has "accuracy" trait but surely we all know it doesn't make much of a difference. That's why when you go online or look at competitive Madden games all you see are scramblers (Mariota, Vick etc.) That shows something fundamental is broken in the game and needs to be addressed. By giving better QBs more time to throw the ball compared to average passers might address this imbalance a bit. IMO it's long overdue and I find it astonishing that EA and NFL don't find it odd that Madden users would prefer somebody like Mariota or Vick over Brady or Montana in the video game.
Old 02-22-2018, 09:40 PM   #21
Banned

Quote:
The thing which has struck me in Madden over the years is that the game doesn't differentiate great passers from the rest. If you play FIFA you can immediately see how the players such as Ronaldo or Messi are so different to handle compared to average players. But in Madden you don't see much difference for the most important position in the game.

Sure the game has "accuracy" trait but surely we all know it doesn't make much of a difference. That's why when you go online or look at competitive Madden games all you see are scramblers (Mariota, Vick etc.) That shows something fundamental is broken in the game and needs to be addressed. By giving better QBs more time to throw the ball compared to average passers might address this imbalance a bit. IMO it's long overdue and I find it astonishing that EA and NFL don't find it odd that Madden users would prefer somebody like Mariota or Vick over Brady or Montana in the video game.

How about the fact that “QB contain” is completely broken right now.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2018, 09:48 PM   #22
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
If contain is broken, if you are going vs a scrambling QB like Wilson, try putting coaching adjustments to conservative on pass rush. Helps defense with screens, draws and scrambling QB's.

To Alfie, the NFL doesn't get that involved with Madden. Yes, they dictate what can and can't go in the game, but beyond that, they have the $.

If you have to have two settings for contain that’s nice information. Apparently just hitting the one contain isn’t enough??

Old 02-22-2018, 10:32 PM   #23
Banned

Yes I will. I will trash someone who purposely manipulates a game. If you know it’s unrealistic it shouldn’t be a staple in your game play. You should be a decent human being and not run the broken play on 3rd and 19 because you obviously aren’t good enough to not be in 3rd and 19

Last edited by kehlis; 02-22-2018 at 10:57 PM.
Old 02-22-2018, 10:38 PM   #24
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Yes I will. I will trash someone who purposely manipulates a game. If you know it’s unrealistic it shouldn’t be a staple in your game play. You should be a decent human being and not run the broken play on 3rd and 19 because you obviously aren’t good enough to not be in 3rd and 19

Nah, you can't directly because there are many different styles, modes and ways to play this game. You just can't assume that everyone at OS and anywhere else for that matter will play the game the same way you do.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »