Home

Does madden want a realistic game?

This is a discussion on Does madden want a realistic game? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 02-22-2018, 11:00 PM   #25

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Does madden want a realistic game?

The OP's point is fair. Some have crossed the line and one is no longer part of the conversation.

Let's go back to civil conversation, it's best for all of us at this point.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2018, 11:33 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 0

I understand that there is a broad audience. However, I don’t think EA should appeal to the audience in which is playing the game for fun, but have no working football knowledge. EA took the time to teach passing concepts, How to look at the box, etc. Then they need to make the change. I shouldn’t be penalized because I run the game the way it should be run. However, more often than not. I find myself getting negative plays. Not because it was a bad play call. But because my playside tight end has no immediate threat on outside zone so he pass sets and is in the way. This happens because the user has manipulated the game thus you have an AI who is confused and causes a screw up. However, you can run a 6-7 man box and various inside zone plays hot outside consistently with everyone (including WRs matched on linebackers) perfectly executing blocks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-22-2018, 11:45 PM   #27
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by blockdownkickout
I understand that there is a broad audience. However, I don’t think EA should appeal to the audience in which is playing the game for fun, but have no working football knowledge. EA took the time to teach passing concepts, How to look at the box, etc. Then they need to make the change. I shouldn’t be penalized because I run the game the way it should be run. However, more often than not. I find myself getting negative plays. Not because it was a bad play call. But because my playside tight end has no immediate threat on outside zone so he pass sets and is in the way. This happens because the user has manipulated the game thus you have an AI who is confused and causes a screw up. However, you can run a 6-7 man box and various inside zone plays hot outside consistently with everyone (including WRs matched on linebackers) perfectly executing blocks.

I am putting up a podcast from Gutfoxx(MUT Players) who interviewed Clint. The video is over 50 minutes long and a majority is about MUT. The first 15 to 20 minutes is worth a listen and Clint talks about WR's blocking and making outside runs OP.
Old 02-23-2018, 02:53 AM   #28
Banned

Quote:
I understand that there is a broad audience. However, I don’t think EA should appeal to the audience in which is playing the game for fun, but have no working football knowledge.
That is exactly the audience ea will (and should) cater to, because it represents the largest portion of its consumer base.
Old 02-23-2018, 02:56 AM   #29
Banned

Quote:
I feel like they don’t want a true football simulator because there would be a lot of pushback from their fan base who instantly rolls out, and throws slant routes across the field (because every nfl QB obviously can hold the ball for 4 seconds a play).
Just lost a game against a guy. (I run the offense that I coordinate for a high school team) I’m in pro weak I. He spreads out his entire defense. In a nickel front. Yet I can’t get more than 2 yards on inside running plays for whatever reason.
To stop my outside run game (outside zone) he pinches his line in, and his backers scrape for 2 yard gains because the offensive line will not take their correct reach step. This game is impossible to play for someone who knows what they’re looking at especially if they’re playing someone who knows the abuses of the game.

The biggest problem with what your saying, is that you don't want to adjust to whats working and not working. That is football in essence, even though its not perfectly represented, and never will be. Football is much more complicated than other sports to replicate imo.
Old 02-23-2018, 09:06 AM   #30
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by truedat79
The biggest problem with what your saying, is that you don't want to adjust to whats working and not working. That is football in essence, even though its not perfectly represented, and never will be. Football is much more complicated than other sports to replicate imo.

“You don’t want to adjust to what’s working”
My entire argument is that if the team I coach tomorrow played a team who lined up the way the guy I just played on madden did. We would run outside zone until the adjusted and probably rush for 15+ yards a pop on the play.

Old 02-23-2018, 09:28 AM   #31
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by truedat79
Hooey. The fact is Madden is just NOT a good representation of NFL football. Since it's developed under the NFL license, it should be a more accurate representation of the game.
For me, just the mere fact that so many penalties are non existent, there are never offsetting penalties, and the challenge system does not mimick what we see on Sundays is enough proof of that.
Then pile on the other broken/missing/non functional elements of what football entails, and the original poster is exactly right.
Telling people to adjust to these things is half the reason the game's in the state it is...people have lowered their standards to the point where mediocrity is acceptable for a yearly 60 dollar purchase?
If Madden 19 doesn't show SERIOUS improvement in almost every area except graphics (doesn't count movement), I hope sales tank, because that's the only thing that will force EA to put some effort and resources back into making the game decent again, ala 2005.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2018, 09:50 AM   #32
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykelmosinee
If Madden 19 doesn't show SERIOUS improvement in almost every area except graphics (doesn't count movement), I hope sales tank, because that's the only thing that will force EA to put some effort and resources back into making the game decent again, ala 2005.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
Sales will never tank. It's not even worth a passing thought.

Diehards have been jumping off for a decade now. Any hit whatsoever on EAs bottom line? No, because soccer mom's and grandparents take our place in line because their kid has to have the game.

They have a guaranteed audience, not just due to the exclusive license. They get alot of things right. MUT is an absolute runaway hit and for the moment, a huge cashcow.

I'm not defending them. The product is clearly not what the old guard is looking for. Our hopes for the product we want rest on 2k, or MS. Or hell, maybe Rockstar decides to turn the world on its ear.

.. my opinion, anyway.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »