Home

Does madden want a realistic game?

This is a discussion on Does madden want a realistic game? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2018, 10:19 AM   #33
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jun 2014
Re: Does madden want a realistic game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden08PCgmr
Sales will never tank. It's not even worth a passing thought.

Diehards have been jumping off for a decade now. Any hit whatsoever on EAs bottom line? No, because soccer mom's and grandparents take our place in line because their kid has to have the game.

They have a guaranteed audience, not just due to the exclusive license. They get alot of things right. MUT is an absolute runaway hit and for the moment, a huge cashcow.

I'm not defending them. The product is clearly not what the old guard is looking for. Our hopes for the product we want rest on 2k, or MS. Or hell, maybe Rockstar decides to turn the world on its ear.

.. my opinion, anyway.
This and emergence of eSports. Madden will always have a large user base and TBH majority of them don't really want "NFL football" but "Madden football". It's working so far for EA and I doubt they change their strategy.
Alfie is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 10:28 AM   #34
MVP
 
Madden08PCgmr's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: The Green Dragon, Hobbiton
Re: Does madden want a realistic game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfie
This and emergence of eSports. Madden will always have a large user base and TBH majority of them don't really want "NFL football" but "Madden football". It's working so far for EA and I doubt they change their strategy.
For the Madden-lifers, the game is a victim of its own creation.

If football gaming had simply remained arcade-ish Tecmo Bowl, we're not having this conversation.

The PS2/XBox gen gave us an immersive and engrossing experience, that doesn't appear is ever going to return.

We may be a small portion of their audience at this point. Certainly I suppose. But that said, we aren't going away. And in the social media era, neither are our voices.
Madden08PCgmr is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 10:40 AM   #35
Banned
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Apr 2015
Re: Does madden want a realistic game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden08PCgmr
For the Madden-lifers, the game is a victim of its own creation.

If football gaming had simply remained arcade-ish Tecmo Bowl, we're not having this conversation.

The PS2/XBox gen gave us an immersive and engrossing experience, that doesn't appear is ever going to return.

We may be a small portion of their audience at this point. Certainly I suppose. But that said, we aren't going away. And in the social media era, neither are our voices.


Well it’s this huge identity crisis. They’re allowing the crazy stuff to stay in, but they’re teaching how to read curl flat, drive, and smash. These are all concepts that real teams use. I mean you have vertical stretching concepts and horizontal stretching concepts. Everything is either one or the other, and based off of coverage you may need to have a different play call, and to an extent they get that right.. I’ll say if you turn on the game and let the cpus play, it’s not a crazy looking game. However, with people on YouTube who are spending unlimited time on games to find glitches you eventually find yourself in leagues where you see the same 7 plays from everyone every week. That’s no accident. There’s 52 formations with oodles of plays. They’re googling “madden money plays” and watching that and basing their entire game play off of it. The ones who don’t do that put a mobile QB back there and rollout every play.
I’m a coach and recognize that there are “roll out” passing plays. We’ve had a lot of mileage out of them over the years. However I rarely see a roll out hit a 50 yard bomb because those are not easy throws, and the and ball hangs in the air too long. I’m not saying miracles and accidents shouldn’t happen, but it shouldn’t be the whole game. ESPECIALLY IF I AM USING QB CONTAIN.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
blockdownkickout is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2018, 10:44 AM   #36
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Apr 2015
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Does madden want a realistic game?

Well... When a programmer sues a game company for using a code he developed and EA ends up posting him royalties from 1992 through the current iteration of the game, that's a clear cut indication that they have no plan to advance the game forward. They never redeveloped the game other than changing engines but the coding still has the same elements. Madden will forever be in 2K's shadow. I would have hired half of their staff once I bought the NFL rights. Maybe one day, the game developers will understand that NFL teams and players really matter little to the bulk of sports gamers today. I personally have very little connection to today's NFL players and really have little desire to use any specific team. I usually start my franchises and move to Brooklyn and then draft my talent. Madden needs to add variations of run style for RBs and differentiate their players more. Running as A.P. And Gallman feel to similar for me to care. Madden is tolerable but as a hard core sports gamer, I can pop in any madden on any system and still find advantages that any of them have over current Gen versions and that I find annoying and down right disturbing...


Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
drugsbunny is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 02:33 PM   #37
*ll St*r
 
roadman's Arena
 
OVR: 34
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Midwest
Posts: 25,730
Re: Does madden want a realistic game?

Alright, I hear you, I won't offer anymore workarounds if something isn't working.

I try to offer suggestions, but sounds like OS doesn't want to hear them anymore.

Fine by me.
roadman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 07:15 PM   #38
Banned
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Apr 2015
Re: Does madden want a realistic game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blockdownkickout
“You don’t want to adjust to what’s working”
My entire argument is that if the team I coach tomorrow played a team who lined up the way the guy I just played on madden did. We would run outside zone until the adjusted and probably rush for 15+ yards a pop on the play.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, i get your argument. Its not real. Its not 100 percent accurate. Adjust accordingly.
truedat79 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 08:53 PM   #39
MVP
 
ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Dec 2009
Re: Does madden want a realistic game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blockdownkickout
Or by making pass rushers and people in defenses cover they way they should. That way people have to anticipate.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah but that’s not going to fix the qb ratings issue. A user controlled Kap will still be able to anticipate as well as a user controlled Brady. There is not much you can do about that.
ForUntoOblivionSoar∞ is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 09:28 PM   #40
MVP
 
ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Dec 2009
Re: Does madden want a realistic game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Alright, I hear you, I won't offer anymore workarounds if something isn't working.

I try to offer suggestions, but sounds like OS doesn't want to hear them anymore.

Fine by me.
Did you seriously just delete all your posts because three users thought they were worthless?

Dude there are many lurkers who read and implement these workarounds. Please stop this madness.
ForUntoOblivionSoar∞ is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:52 AM.

Top -