Home

Does madden want a realistic game?

This is a discussion on Does madden want a realistic game? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-23-2018, 09:43 PM   #41
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Does madden want a realistic game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfie
No, not really. Let me elaborate a bit...

Say there's "OL Good" and "OL Poor" and there's "QB Great" and "QB Poor". And let's say there's a common defense they are going against. This is how I would expect the scenarios to play out :-

"OL Poor" with "QB Poor" - Pass rush gets to QB in 1.5 sec on average
"OL Good" with "QB Poor" - Pass rush gets to QB in 2.5 sec on average
"OL Poor" with "QB Great" - Pass rush gets to QB in 2.5 sec on average
"OL Good with QB Great" - Pass rush gets to QB in 3.5 sec on average

By giving better passers extra time in the pocket replicates better decision making or smarts/awareness in the video game. In other words a user with Tyrod Taylor will have less time in the pocket and thus should struggle with decision making, whereas a user with Brady or Brees will have more time to throw resulting in better decision making in the video game thus replicating how things are in real life.
This is one of way of trying to help qb rating problem.

Another possibility is Temco Bowl style passing for lower tier qbs (start with a highlighted wr then switch if you want to throw to another). Better qbs will have no sich restriction.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2018, 11:57 PM   #42
Rookie

I always liked the idea of the vision cone, just disliked the way it was implimented.
How about having the QB vision rating control which receivers icons he can see based on which way he is looking.
Still have accuracy rating, but based on the routes AND distance. This would further differentiate the good and bad QBs.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
Old 02-24-2018, 01:04 AM   #43
Rookie

I think it behoves the Madden team to create a more sim game. 2k is an incredibly deep sim game that outsells madden despite the sport not being as commercially popular. I am a very passive basketball fan and I can get into the game despite not knowing the neuances, i can always switch it to rookie or pro difficulty if i struggle. I am a huge Football fan and i do understand the neuances of the game, and I’ve found myself bored with the game by early October. They have done a pretty good job of slowly adding pieces to madden that more accurately represent the game, it just lacks the depth to keep me engaged.
Old 02-24-2018, 01:51 AM   #44
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jershy88
I think it behoves the Madden team to create a more sim game. 2k is an incredibly deep sim game that outsells madden despite the sport not being as commercially popular.
To argue that point, one would have to show that NBA2K is successful because it's an incredibly deep sim game.

NBA 2K was always a more sim game than others; but if I remember correctly it was the addition of Michael Jordan (more than any gameplay change) that really made their sales jump, and they rode the wave off that. At the very least, it shows that a more sim core to Madden may not necessarily be a turn-off to potential customers.
Old 02-24-2018, 06:07 AM   #45
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
To argue that point, one would have to show that NBA2K is successful because it's an incredibly deep sim game.

NBA 2K was always a more sim game than others; but if I remember correctly it was the addition of Michael Jordan (more than any gameplay change) that really made their sales jump, and they rode the wave off that. At the very least, it shows that a more sim core to Madden may not necessarily be a turn-off to potential customers.
The addition of Jordan created the buzz, but it was the quality and depth of the game that has kept those people coming back since. It's miles and miles ahead of Madden in depth, animations, presentation and overall just a much more fun game to play, IMO.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2018, 06:55 AM   #46
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

They still dont have strong side and weakside linebackers
Old 02-24-2018, 07:07 AM   #47
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
They still dont have strong side and weakside linebackers
Or fulltime NTs for 4-3 under fronts.
Old 02-24-2018, 08:19 AM   #48
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
Did you seriously just delete all your posts because three users thought they were worthless?

Dude there are many lurkers who read and implement these workarounds. Please stop this madness.
Yeah, I did.

The consensus is I am cheaponing the game by offering help and workarounds for areas of the game that might need it for Madden players.

I don't see a reason to go forward with workarounds.

I don't want to derail the thread, so, feel free to PM if you wish and carry on about QB ratings and madden vs 2k.

Last edited by roadman; 02-24-2018 at 10:08 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »