Home

Madden 18 Thresholds

This is a discussion on Madden 18 Thresholds within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-22-2018, 12:56 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 6
Madden 18 Thresholds

Noticed quite a few topics lately about ratings and traits lately in the forum. Madden 18 is game built on thresholds. Once you know what the thresholds are and how they work, and the animations they trigger you can go about making a realistic roster for your own use. Which is what I have done. Heck, you won't even need to touch the QB accuracy slider or many other sliders for that matter. Confirmed thresholds by Rex are posted by the MUT community are down below.

Confirmed Thresholds:

Zone Coverage: 80 - 90 - 91
Hurdle (Agility): 80 - 85 - 90 - 95
Juke Move: 65 - 78 - 90
Spin Move: 65 - 79 - 88
Trucking: 65 - 70 - 90
Stiff Arm: 65 - 78 - 88
Spectacular Catch: 80 - 85 - 90 - 95
Finesse Move: 90
Power Move: 90
Route Running: 75 - 91
Height (Inches): 5ft - 5ft8 - 6ft - 6ft4 - 7ft (Height affects Speed)

Speculated Thresholds:

TAS: 81 (Confirmed <89 for sure) [Edit: it's 81 according to multiple pro players]

TAM: 85 (Confirmed <90 for sure) [Edit: It's 86 according to AKG]

TAD: 90 (Confirmed >88 for sure) [Edit: It's 91 according to AKG]

PRC: 90

STR: 91 (0-techs only)

CTH: 75 (Defensive players only)

PBK: 90
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2018, 01:11 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 18 Thresholds

Thanks for the info. I never knew that height affects speed. I prefer long 6'1+ cornerbacks. Since this states that 6ft is a threshold, does this mean that it's definitive that a 6'1 corner won't be as quick as a 5'11 corner with the same speed/accel/agility ratings?
Old 02-22-2018, 01:51 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannybices
Thanks for the info. I never knew that height affects speed. I prefer long 6'1+ cornerbacks. Since this states that 6ft is a threshold, does this mean that it's definitive that a 6'1 corner won't be as quick as a 5'11 corner with the same speed/accel/agility ratings?
The 6'1 DB will be faster than the 5'11 corner since the 5'11 DB is below the 6ft threshold. So basically the 6'1 DB covers more ground and has longer strides.
Old 02-22-2018, 03:02 PM   #4
Rookie

Got it, thanks. I jumped to the conclusion that players would be faster towards the smaller end of the threshold.
Old 02-22-2018, 03:05 PM   #5
Rookie

as far as i can tell height doesn't effect speed

i tested a 7 foot tall player and a 5 foot 8 tall character with maxed stats and the times were nearly identical.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2018, 03:28 PM   #6
MVP

briz1046's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogunreaper
as far as i can tell height doesn't effect speed

i tested a 7 foot tall player and a 5 foot 8 tall character with maxed stats and the times were nearly identical.
This is why we need definitive ratings/slider explanations from the development team

I've lost count of the number of times I've read different people have tested things and drawn polar opposite conclusions from each other

Not trying to throw doubt onto either opinion but both people here can't be correct ..

The amount of misinformation and placebo theories involved in this game is staggering and could be put to bed ( easily?) If a definitive guide was ever made public
Old 02-23-2018, 11:07 AM   #7
Pro

Devaster's Arena

It is nice to know the thresholds for MUT since you can't change a card's attributes, but what about in CFM? Does having greater than 90 trucking still improve the chance of winning against a defender? 90 unlocks the last trucking animation, but even if that animation triggers does it always win? Does having 99 trucking vs 90 trucking improve the chance of winning against a defender regardless of the trucking animation triggered?
Old 02-23-2018, 01:18 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devaster
It is nice to know the thresholds for MUT since you can't change a card's attributes, but what about in CFM? Does having greater than 90 trucking still improve the chance of winning against a defender? 90 unlocks the last trucking animation, but even if that animation triggers does it always win? Does having 99 trucking vs 90 trucking improve the chance of winning against a defender regardless of the trucking animation triggered?
Sim Play Style uses Delta between two ratings, so as the difference increases so does the impact, esp when you have 15+ pt differences.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »