Home

M18 - Fumbles/Dropped Passes Out-of-Endzone Bugs

This is a discussion on M18 - Fumbles/Dropped Passes Out-of-Endzone Bugs within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-27-2018, 11:44 AM   #1
Pro

Devaster's Arena

OVR: 0
M18 - Fumbles/Dropped Passes Out-of-Endzone Bugs

Anyone else had this happen in M18? I was playing a Preseason game the other day and had a fumble recovery return TD that I fumbled out of the endzone due to celebrating. I ended up getting the 6pts and got the ball back on my own 20, like it was a touch back.

http://youtu.be/OEBFffL1HoA

I also remember having something happen in another game where my receiver dropped a contested ball in the endzone and the ball went out of the back of the endzone. I didn't get points, but I ended up with the ball back on my own 20 and 1st down. Basically wasted my entire drive and chance at points because it was only 2nd or 3rd down on that throw. Didn't remember to take a video of the 2nd instance.

Fumble recoveries and reviews do tend to still have issues though. Especially after a review of a fumble recovery overturned.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2018, 10:19 PM   #2
MVP

Nunyerbiz's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: M18 - Fumbles/Dropped Passes Out-of-Endzone Bugs

I've never personally had this happen to me, but I have seen other similar wonkiness videos on Youtube. So it's not an isolated fluke.

I need to get one those streaming contraptions to record from my PS4... As lately I've been using super sim to move along my CFM a bit faster. Maybe moving along to my next defensive possesion or offensive possesion or just grind some clock or whatever... Sometimes when you exit that mode wacky wacky crap happens. One time I had all 22 players teleported 80 yards downfield and they all starting chugging for the LOS... and when they got there nobody lined up in anything approaching a football formation... it was crazy. The game definitely can have it's share of unintended wackiness when the code gremlins get restless.
Old 02-27-2018, 10:45 PM   #3
Pro

Devaster's Arena

I've had a forced fumble fly off 40 or 50 yards out of bounds backwards before. Think it was on a sack and the ball shot off like a rocket as it escaped the CPU QB's hands. The CPU ended up with an impossible 2nd or 3rd and 50 yards or something.
Old 02-28-2018, 09:01 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devaster
Anyone else had this happen in M18? I was playing a Preseason game the other day and had a fumble recovery return TD that I fumbled out of the endzone due to celebrating. I ended up getting the 6pts and got the ball back on my own 20, like it was a touch back.

http://youtu.be/OEBFffL1HoA

I also remember having something happen in another game where my receiver dropped a contested ball in the endzone and the ball went out of the back of the endzone. I didn't get points, but I ended up with the ball back on my own 20 and 1st down. Basically wasted my entire drive and chance at points because it was only 2nd or 3rd down on that throw. Didn't remember to take a video of the 2nd instance.

Fumble recoveries and reviews do tend to still have issues though. Especially after a review of a fumble recovery overturned.

I’ve had plays where the cpu clearly doesn’t have his body inbounds and recovered a fumble numerous times. And most recently I had the cpu intercept a tipped pass and have not one but zero feet inbounds and it counted with no official review. I sent that in a Snapchat to the people I play with and they were dying

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 02-28-2018, 10:44 AM   #5
Pro

Devaster's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holmesx10
I’ve had plays where the cpu clearly doesn’t have his body inbounds and recovered a fumble numerous times. And most recently I had the cpu intercept a tipped pass and have not one but zero feet inbounds and it counted with no official review. I sent that in a Snapchat to the people I play with and they were dying

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Yup. I've seen that one too. I've also forced fumbles when an opponent's player is already out-of-bounds on a late hit. As long as you don't get flagged you get credit for the forced fumble and tackle. Kind of silly.

I've also had my pass rushers strip sack a QB only for the play to be whistled dead before the ball pops loose. I think it has to do with the strip animation taking such a long time. The defenders are still working on stripping the opponent after the play is already over. You get credit for the forced fumble, but no chance to pick it up. This also applies to players going out-of-bounds and the strip animation taking such a long time to finish.

And then there are the sacks you don't get credit for because an opponent's QB knocks himself down to the ground by running into his own OL (Mark Sanchez?). Counts as a negative run. For whatever reason as soon as the opponent's QB goes to the ground and gets up it is a run from that point on no matter if it is behind the LOS or not.

Last edited by Devaster; 02-28-2018 at 10:47 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2018, 09:44 AM   #6
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

I’ve had like five catches where possession is clearly made with both feet down but the call made incorrectly and not fixed upon a challenge.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Old 03-01-2018, 09:56 AM   #7
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
I’ve had like five catches where possession is clearly made with both feet down but the call made incorrectly and not fixed upon a challenge.
Clint said the challenge system needs an upgrade and I've been asking for this for quite awhile.
Old 03-01-2018, 11:11 AM   #8
MVP

Nunyerbiz's Arena

OVR: 4

It's not the challenge system, it's the entire system that spots on the ball. Location of the feet doesn't matter in sideline catches, location of a downed knee / elbow doesn't matter in rushes. The ball spot rarely has an easily discernible relation to the animation. These aren't challenge issues. They are issues almost every snap.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »