Home

How would M19 implement Shaquem Griffin?

This is a discussion on How would M19 implement Shaquem Griffin? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 22: 11 Features to Improve Stadium Creator
MXGP 2021 Review
Football Manager 22 Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 03-05-2018, 10:42 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: How would M19 implement Shaquem Griffin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
It's an interesting topic. Look for EA to involve Griffin publicly, if he gets drafted or is likely to make a roster. Whatever solution they come up with they'll want to make sure it's presented as a way Griffin is on board with.

I personally think they go all out, with a lifelike replica. Perhaps Griffin changes his gameday kit to a club or some sort of NFL agreed prosthetic, but I think EA will be prepared to do whatever it takes to avoid any awkward media coverage.

I feel like I read somehwere that either he doesn't like to play with a prosthetic, or it wasn't allowed due to safety issues. Club maybe, but if you watch his film he plays with nothing on it.

I think he'll definitely be drafted. Did you see his combine! He ran the fasted time for a linebacker ever. He will be a ridiculous special teams player and possible a edge rusher, rover, type of player in the right defense. Also they show him catching the ball so I don't think his catch should be 0.
Old 03-05-2018, 05:03 PM   #10
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

OVR: 4

I thought about this while I was watching the combine too. Since he's very likely to be a mid round draft pick, he'll be in the game. So then the question becomes what they'll do with him.

As others have said, I would wager on them giving him a black glove and sleeve on the missing hand. However, I wonder if they could do it so that the hand is there, but invisible. Its a video game, after all. Everything would work the same way within the engine, the animations would be the same, the player just wouldn't see the hand.
Old 03-05-2018, 05:15 PM   #11
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
One of the head scan tweets from the combine for Josh Allen said that they also scanned his hands so I'd have to imagine that there's a possibility that they could account for this in one way or another. I'd assume it would end up being strictly a visual thing and that there wouldn't be any in-game differences between him and any other player.
That was actually just for fun because of a bar stool running joke about his hand size.

Follow me on twitter @Equipment_Guru
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2018, 09:42 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0

I donít see why this would cause any ethical problems..

The man doesnít have a hand. Simple as that. He knows it, we know it. End of story
Old 03-05-2018, 11:05 PM   #13
MVP

pimpycraig's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
The real problem will be the player model. Not only would it probably cause troubles to get right, theyíll also face the ethical dilema of whethet or not to represent his body accurately. My guess is they just put a black glove on his hand.
I don't see how it's an ethical dilemma?
Ethics = "moral principles that govern a person's behavior or the conducting of an activity."

I'm willing to bet they just put a glove on that hand.
Old 03-05-2018, 11:06 PM   #14
MVP

pimpycraig's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kbeast72
I donít see why this would cause any ethical problems..

The man doesnít have a hand. Simple as that. He knows it, we know it. End of story
I see it very cut and dry also. He doesn't have a hand.
Old 03-06-2018, 04:42 AM   #15
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kbeast72
I don’t see why this would cause any ethical problems..

The man doesn’t have a hand. Simple as that. He knows it, we know it. End of story

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpycraig
I don't see how it's an ethical dilemma?
Ethics = "moral principles that govern a person's behavior or the conducting of an activity."

I'm willing to bet they just put a glove on that hand.
Do we display his missing hand to the world in a game that we make money from? Is it exploitation of his condition to do so, given the hype surrounding him in real life? Conversely, is it insulting to him as a player if we pretend there is no condition at all?

Yes, it's a bit of an ethical dilemma.
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...&postcount=170
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2018, 05:31 AM   #16
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
Do we display his missing hand to the world in a game that we make money from? Is it exploitation of his condition to do so, given the hype surrounding him in real life? Conversely, is it insulting to him as a player if we pretend there is no condition at all?

Yes, it's a bit of an ethical dilemma.
The game doesn't have the ability to feature handless players. JPP isn't accurately depicted, I'm not sure why they would have to make an exception for a player who hadn't even taken a snap in the NFL yet. There are numerous players with incorrect skin tones that could be easily changed by EA, yet they go uncorrected.

The real ethical dilemma, if any, is if EA did create a special model for Griffin, simply because they would more than likely loudly say ' hey, look how great we are!" and subsequently use it as a selling point for the game/MUT.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »