Home

CB Skills/Traits

This is a discussion on CB Skills/Traits within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2018, 12:28 PM   #1
MVP
 
OVR: 3
Join Date: Jul 2002
CB Skills/Traits

What skills/traits do you look for our like to buy using xps for your CBs?
niftyjets is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2018, 07:28 AM   #2
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Oct 2017
Re: CB Skills/Traits

See below my way of improving my CB`s

Awareness (if I reach min 80 here the others are following)
Man Coverage
Zone Coverage
Press
Catching

In general I want to have a stable D first, so CB`s are mandatory first steps in my franchise.

I have Humphrey with 92 OVR + 2 former draft picks with 87 & 83 OVR...followed by an unkonwn 80 OVR

So I am good staffed I need to say
svensenk86 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 10:34 PM   #3
Rookie
 
OVR: 1
Join Date: Sep 2010
Re: CB Skills/Traits

Quote:
Originally Posted by svensenk86
See below my way of improving my CB`s

Awareness (if I reach min 80 here the others are following)
Man Coverage
Zone Coverage
Press
Catching

In general I want to have a stable D first, so CB`s are mandatory first steps in my franchise.

I have Humphrey with 92 OVR + 2 former draft picks with 87 & 83 OVR...followed by an unkonwn 80 OVR

So I am good staffed I need to say
If you are not doing Play Recognition, that's a big mistake, unless you want to get play-actioned to death.
phantomshark is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 02:45 PM   #4
Rookie
 
Kentaurus's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Sep 2011
Re: CB Skills/Traits

Depends on your league, I'm in a 32 user CFM now several seasons in. This is the typical build in our league now:

ZCV get to 91 as fast as possible.
PRC get this into the 90s next.
AWR/MCV/PRS people are mixed on these, most don't worry about them much.
CTH up to 75
BSH this is a luxury stat if you are good in the others.

Reasons:
ZCV: Most users in leagues play 90% zone, so MCV/PRS just doesn't have much value. Regardless 99 MCV cannot cover 91+ RTE WRs which is why people don't play man. (unless your DB is several points faster). 91 is the threshold where the DB will break on the ball as it is being released.

PRC: Helps against Play-action, and reacting faster to stopping runs.

CTH: Read somewhere that was a threshold number? People don't like dropping INTs though.

BSH: CBs with high BSH really can ruin a run game fast when they take away outside running against poor blocking WRs.

As for traits:
Play Ball - Just don't be on conservative... balanced and aggressive both are good.
Clutch - one of my favorites for every position
High Motor - Useful anywhere on defense

Last edited by Kentaurus; 03-11-2018 at 02:47 PM.
Kentaurus is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 09:49 PM   #5
AWFL Commish
 
Aestis's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 997
Re: CB Skills/Traits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentaurus
Depends on your league, I'm in a 32 user CFM now several seasons in. This is the typical build in our league now:

ZCV get to 91 as fast as possible.
PRC get this into the 90s next.
AWR/MCV/PRS people are mixed on these, most don't worry about them much.
CTH up to 75
BSH this is a luxury stat if you are good in the others.

Reasons:
ZCV: Most users in leagues play 90% zone, so MCV/PRS just doesn't have much value. Regardless 99 MCV cannot cover 91+ RTE WRs which is why people don't play man. (unless your DB is several points faster). 91 is the threshold where the DB will break on the ball as it is being released.

PRC: Helps against Play-action, and reacting faster to stopping runs.

CTH: Read somewhere that was a threshold number? People don't like dropping INTs though.

BSH: CBs with high BSH really can ruin a run game fast when they take away outside running against poor blocking WRs.

As for traits:
Play Ball - Just don't be on conservative... balanced and aggressive both are good.
Clutch - one of my favorites for every position
High Motor - Useful anywhere on defense

Just side note, fwiw with custom sliders, MCV can absolutely be viable.
__________________
RFF
Twitch Channel

Commissioner
After Work Football League
(Xbox Series S/X)
AWFL Discord
AWFL Daddyleagues
Aestis is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2018, 09:27 AM   #6
MVP
 
OVR: 19
Join Date: Jan 2005
Blog Entries: 1
Re: CB Skills/Traits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentaurus
Depends on your league, I'm in a 32 user CFM now several seasons in. This is the typical build in our league now:

ZCV get to 91 as fast as possible.
PRC get this into the 90s next.
AWR/MCV/PRS people are mixed on these, most don't worry about them much.
CTH up to 75
BSH this is a luxury stat if you are good in the others.

Reasons:
ZCV: Most users in leagues play 90% zone, so MCV/PRS just doesn't have much value. Regardless 99 MCV cannot cover 91+ RTE WRs which is why people don't play man. (unless your DB is several points faster). 91 is the threshold where the DB will break on the ball as it is being released.

PRC: Helps against Play-action, and reacting faster to stopping runs.

CTH: Read somewhere that was a threshold number? People don't like dropping INTs though.

BSH: CBs with high BSH really can ruin a run game fast when they take away outside running against poor blocking WRs.

As for traits:
Play Ball - Just don't be on conservative... balanced and aggressive both are good.
Clutch - one of my favorites for every position
High Motor - Useful anywhere on defense
Unless you’re playing with Comp Style settings where Thresholds are used (outside of Animations triggering) ZCV/MCV doesn’t work that way.

TBH, high POS Ratings tears the game up with wonky interactions, but some gamers want what they want I guess.
khaliib is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 09:29 AM   #7
Rookie
 
mdurd2817's Arena
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Feb 2005
Re: CB Skills/Traits

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
Unless you’re playing with Comp Style settings where Thresholds are used (outside of Animations triggering) ZCV/MCV doesn’t work that way.

TBH, high POS Ratings tears the game up with wonky interactions, but some gamers want what they want I guess.
Could you please expound?
mdurd2817 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 02:44 PM   #8
MVP
 
OVR: 19
Join Date: Jan 2005
Blog Entries: 1
Re: CB Skills/Traits

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdurd2817
Could you please expound?
Posters aren’t doing a good job in noting what Play Style they’re on which has a major impact on what may be going on during gameplay.

Comp uses those defined Threshold levels within the POS ratings to impact outcomes. (no dice-rolls)

SIM/Arcade uses Delta (dif between interacting ratings) to impact dice-rolls of a win-chance Animation/outcome occurring.
- the bigger the Delta, the greater the win-chance
- 100% outcomes happening needs around a 50pt diff (ie 40 PBK vs 90 FMV) which doesn’t happen unless manually done.

Arcade is the sleeper mode that gets ignored due to its name and mainly a lack of understanding of what really goes on with this setting.
- with right sliders to balance against how the mode sets the game up, you can really get some good/challenging play from the AI side.
khaliib is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:16 AM.

Top -