Home

CFM Trades and Contract Negotiations Idea to be like Fifa 18

This is a discussion on CFM Trades and Contract Negotiations Idea to be like Fifa 18 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-05-2018, 09:40 AM   #1
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

OVR: 0
CFM Trades and Contract Negotiations Idea to be like Fifa 18

I think it would be really cool if Madden 19 implements the negotiations system that Fifa 18 introduced where you actually have the two Managers/GM's discussing the trade in person and in contract negotiations you have the GM and the player and their agent discussions contract terms. This would bring a lot of life to the dull system that they have now.

I've only successfully embedded a video once, but i'll try it again here. Negotiations start around the 3 minute mark.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2018, 05:51 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: CFM Trades and Contract Negotiations Idea to be like Fifa 18

As a standalone feature no, I wouldn't think it is a good addition. I rather quickly got tired of it in FIFA.

Maybe if they make it a part of a larger player personality/team morale system and the interactive cutscenes only occur with some high profile signings I'd change my mind. But cutscenes are fluff, frosting on a cake. Well Madden hasn't even baked the cake yet. Focus on making contracts more realistic before adding flavor to the process.
Old 03-06-2018, 10:27 AM   #3
MVP

Nunyerbiz's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
As a standalone feature no, I wouldn't think it is a good addition. I rather quickly got tired of it in FIFA.

Maybe if they make it a part of a larger player personality/team morale system and the interactive cutscenes only occur with some high profile signings I'd change my mind. But cutscenes are fluff, frosting on a cake. Well Madden hasn't even baked the cake yet. Focus on making contracts more realistic before adding flavor to the process.
Agreed. I'm hardcore militant in my hatred of all things cutscene. I do not want to watch your game, I want to play it. AI logic first, then I'll begrudgingly hold down whatever button I need to skip the cutscenes after you've got the important part figured out.
Old 03-06-2018, 12:39 PM   #4
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunyerbiz
Agreed. I'm hardcore militant in my hatred of all things cutscene. I do not want to watch your game, I want to play it. AI logic first, then I'll begrudgingly hold down whatever button I need to skip the cutscenes after you've got the important part figured out.
I'll admit that i often hold down the skip button in Fifa during negotiations, but i still like the feature of seeing the players face to face and if you skip all the nonsense it only takes like 15-30 seconds to get through each negotiation.
Old 03-06-2018, 12:57 PM   #5
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
I'll admit that i often hold down the skip button in Fifa during negotiations, but i still like the feature of seeing the players face to face and if you skip all the nonsense it only takes like 15-30 seconds to get through each negotiation.

But if people are going to do that, why should we ask devs to waste resources on it?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2018, 01:38 PM   #6
Rookie

I am not a cut scenes kind of person. But if they are going to do anything w/ trades and negotiations there is one super easy thing they can add. After all, 2k5 had it... counter proposals.

If you don't like my offer, instead of just hanging up on me, why not respond with a counter offer?
Old 03-06-2018, 05:30 PM   #7
Rookie

TheDominator273's Arena

I'd rather they take the "signing the offer" for Transfers from FIFA than player negotiation cut scenes

Sent from my SM-N900T using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 03-06-2018, 06:01 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

I liked the system that was in NFL Head Coach 09.

For free agents you had to bid (in real time) with other teams by setting the length and total dollar amount.

If you won the bidding, or when you go to resign your own players, you had to select the contract structure from a list. The list typically had 10 entries, ordered from most beneficial to you to most beneficial to the player. If the player didn't like your offer they could counter with another option from the list. You could then agree, stand tall, or choose to compromise. The process continued until an agreement was made or the player called it off.

Each player had their own personality that affected the negotiations. Some players were incredibly easy to sign, while others could quickly end the talks if they felt you weren't making fair offers.

They could add visual scenes during the back and forth, and that would be icing on the cake. But I loved how you had to be aware of who you were negotiating with.

Video on part of offseason from HC09 (FA starts at 21:40) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHmc...LaJKieMwZiWv_Q

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »