Home

Coaching adjustments

This is a discussion on Coaching adjustments within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-15-2018, 02:37 AM   #1
MVP

Jagsfan24's Arena

OVR: 0
Coaching adjustments

Just curious to know what you guys use for your coaching adjustments? Especially for your DBs on defense?

Like I switch between play ball and play reciever but my friend also had luck with it being on balanced...so I was curious to know what you guys mostly use or what’s best? Same with the other positions to btw
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2018, 09:15 AM   #2
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Re: Coaching adjustments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagsfan24
Just curious to know what you guys use for your coaching adjustments? Especially for your DBs on defense?

Like I switch between play ball and play reciever but my friend also had luck with it being on balanced...so I was curious to know what you guys mostly use or what’s best? Same with the other positions to btw

I’m strictly an offline vs cpu player, just fyi. Not sure if you’re talking about h2h or not. But, in general, if I happen to go down by a TD or 2, somehow, and/or my D is struggling a little, I’ll put tackling and strip ball on aggressive to try to get a turnover. And, u can go even more risky in that event by adding ‘play ball’ for the DBs. Again, the hope there is to get an INT.

However, something I like to do when I’m only up by 1 TD or less in the 4th qtr or in any situation when you’re trying to play somewhat conservative, in general. I tend to switch my DBs to ‘play wr’. I’ve never heard from madden team when to use this, but my assumption here is that by playing the WR, u will either have an opportunity to knock out the ball with a tackle and that u won’t give up big plays because your player(s) should be focused on the player, and not the ball. I’m assuming they will normally make the tackle. You may give up some yardage, but not a score, essentially, is what I hope for in those situations.

Then, of course, for 3rd and long and 4th downs, u can switch, specifically for those individual situations, to swat ball because you’re close to a turnover on downs or punt. U just want to knock the ball down and get the ball back.

I sometimes switch to conservative tackling when up by 10+ points in 4th quarter as well. And, of course, if the qb is running well on me, I may switch to conservative D-line pressure. That actually does help some with running QBs like Cam and Wilson.

And, if down by any points in the 4th, I may apply aggressive Dline to get better pressure on the qb.

It’s hard to tell whether any of things work for sure, lol, but I like trying them out. I do think playing the wr helps prevent big plays, but it also does come at the expense of giving up underneath yardage. So, again, I tend to change those things up based on point difference and which quarter I’m in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-15-2018, 03:02 PM   #3
MVP

Jagsfan24's Arena

Re: Coaching adjustments

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
I’m strictly an offline vs cpu player, just fyi. Not sure if you’re talking about h2h or not. But, in general, if I happen to go down by a TD or 2, somehow, and/or my D is struggling a little, I’ll put tackling and strip ball on aggressive to try to get a turnover. And, u can go even more risky in that event by adding ‘play ball’ for the DBs. Again, the hope there is to get an INT.

However, something I like to do when I’m only up by 1 TD or less in the 4th qtr or in any situation when you’re trying to play somewhat conservative, in general. I tend to switch my DBs to ‘play wr’. I’ve never heard from madden team when to use this, but my assumption here is that by playing the WR, u will either have an opportunity to knock out the ball with a tackle and that u won’t give up big plays because your player(s) should be focused on the player, and not the ball. I’m assuming they will normally make the tackle. You may give up some yardage, but not a score, essentially, is what I hope for in those situations.

Then, of course, for 3rd and long and 4th downs, u can switch, specifically for those individual situations, to swat ball because you’re close to a turnover on downs or punt. U just want to knock the ball down and get the ball back.

I sometimes switch to conservative tackling when up by 10+ points in 4th quarter as well. And, of course, if the qb is running well on me, I may switch to conservative D-line pressure. That actually does help some with running QBs like Cam and Wilson.

And, if down by any points in the 4th, I may apply aggressive Dline to get better pressure on the qb.

It’s hard to tell whether any of things work for sure, lol, but I like trying them out. I do think playing the wr helps prevent big plays, but it also does come at the expense of giving up underneath yardage. So, again, I tend to change those things up based on point difference and which quarter I’m in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah I always play against the cpu. I try to stay away from the aggressive pass rush cause the moment I put it on then the cpu does fake hikes all the time

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »