Home

Vastly improved QB AI: What you are missing playing 16,17, or 18 on All Pro

This is a discussion on Vastly improved QB AI: What you are missing playing 16,17, or 18 on All Pro within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-18-2018, 12:59 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: Vastly improved QB AI: What you are missing playing 16,17, or 18 on All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
Maybe this doesn't apply to people who use gameplay/AI exploits to destroy the CPU(or other Users), but for players who play straight up, the All Madden CPU QB AI is really a great challenge.

Of course you have to spend a fair amount of time tweaking all the Sliders to minimize the inherent advantages/cheats that the CPU gets on AM, but once you do, it really becomes a fun experience.

The main differences between AP and AM in terms of CPU QB play that I see is that on AP I don't see the CPU attacking the mismatches as much as they should, they also don't distribute the ball to all their receivers all around the field.(In a game I played a few days ago, for the first time ever the CPU team had greater catch distribution in a game than I did, 10-9)

Also on AP, the CPU QB can be dominated for a whole game with vanilla Cover 2, or 3 calls. On AM I have to mix it up, use various zone and man blitzes, and hope that I've guessed right, because otherwise I'll be carved up, and not in a Robo QB way.

On AM there are some games where the combination of personnel, playcalling and momentum(there is momentum in this game) I just can't stop them(or get anything going on offense as well) I never feel that way on All-Pro, on AP I know that they will eventually fall apart and make several bad decisions. On AM I have to win the game, I can't just wait for them to lose it.
If you change the coaches team to Spread, the QB will get the ball to everybody.
Old 03-18-2018, 06:15 PM   #10
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0

One thing that helps with All Madden cheating is to raise the awareness of all your dbs. I am pretty sure on all Madden it hits your player’s awareness, so raise it up to make it more realistic.

Good to know on All Pro qbs will move in and out of the pocket.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Old 03-19-2018, 06:40 AM   #11
Rookie

DaGreatOne21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
That thought crossed my mind, but then I remembered that I lived in reality, sad as it is, where no previous football game has ever had things like this.
Considering EA has had a stranglehold on the football videogame market for the last 12 years and the entirety of the last 2 console lifespans...thats probably a big reason why.

What Im saying is....the only reason these things seem like big deals is because EA has kept many fans expectations so low. Things like this shouldnt wow people. It should be part and parcel of any football game.....along with alot of things that (still) arent currently in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2018, 06:56 AM   #12
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGreatOne21
Considering EA has had a stranglehold on the football videogame market for the last 12 years and the entirety of the last 2 console lifespans...thats probably a big reason why.

What Im saying is....the only reason these things seem like big deals is because EA has kept many fans expectations so low. Things like this shouldnt wow people. It should be part and parcel of any football game.....along with alot of things that (still) arent currently in the game.
It certainly should. It's a shame that we are in the situation we are in.

However, you have to give the current team credit (especially the likes of Clint Oldenburg), who fixed this IN THE MIDDLE of a cycle after the game had already been released. That is, when the game was released, QB AI was bad, but Clint listened to us and he and his colleagues greatly improved it without the benefit of another cycle.

Monopoly or no, that has to count for something. With a little setting manipulation, the game can be pretty complete, in part thanks to the continued effort of the team.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Old 03-19-2018, 08:40 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 15

Happens all the time on all pro. In fact it happens too often. Qbs scramble too much for their own good. It's more challenging than when they were statues a few months ago. But it's still not up to par
Old 03-19-2018, 08:53 AM   #14
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Eh, scrambling QB's don't take off all the time in my franchise, I have more sacks vs scrambling QB's taking off downfield.

Last edited by roadman; 03-19-2018 at 09:00 AM.
Old 03-19-2018, 09:25 AM   #15
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

This kind of stuff has always been possible but, like others have mentioned, it's so rare that when it does happen it makes you say wow because of how rare it is when in reality it should be standard. These are back from August when QB AI was pretty terrible:

Both of those look pretty damn good IMO. The problem is it's not something that is consistent or even close to consistent. It seems like for every one or two of those you get at least 4-5 of these:

Spoiler

One game you'll get a Tom Savage or Trubisky making a play that looks great and it feels awesome when it happens but then the next game you'll have Rodgers or Brady looking like a high school QB doing stuff that you'd never imagine them doing. The patch definitely improved some things specifically in regards to statue QB's but overall QB AI and QB play in general still has a lot of the same issues that make you go WTF more often than WOW.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2018, 10:22 AM   #16
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

In my franchise, it's been fairly consistent that that QB's will scramble out of a rush and either take off downfield or throw on the run.

I even have QB's take off the minute they see an opening in the OL from the LOS.

Deuce, in my experiences in franchise, the wonky physics stuff happens, but I see scramblers take off a lot more than I see the wonky physic stuff happen.

I just think that the wonky physics stuff is in our mind more because it's an eyesore and it shouldn't happen at all.

Whenever that happens, I'm like, how did that happen and then I go into replay mode. When scrambling QB's take off, I don't go, wow, what a great play, because that is what I expected after the fix.

Last edited by roadman; 03-19-2018 at 04:22 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »