Home

Vastly improved QB AI: What you are missing playing 16,17, or 18 on All Pro

This is a discussion on Vastly improved QB AI: What you are missing playing 16,17, or 18 on All Pro within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 03-19-2018, 01:19 PM   #17
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Vastly improved QB AI: What you are missing playing 16,17, or 18 on All Pro

Mountains of evidence could be presented... I simply won't play All-Madden.

I can't watch DBs be beaten by 3 yards, then miraculously recover, or bust out a 48" vertical to knock a pass away.

Intolerable. Offensive. Unacceptable.

Last edited by Madden08PCgmr; 03-19-2018 at 01:22 PM.
Old 03-19-2018, 10:48 PM   #18
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden08PCgmr
Mountains of evidence could be presented... I simply won't play All-Madden.

I can't watch DBs be beaten by 3 yards, then miraculously recover, or bust out a 48" vertical to knock a pass away.

Intolerable. Offensive. Unacceptable.
A lot of that can be fixed or at least compensated for by player ratings adjustments. Admittedly, itís a lot of work...
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...&postcount=170
Old 03-19-2018, 11:06 PM   #19
MVP

Koosa1027's Arena

Every sports game should take notes from nba 2k on the customization and settings side...you pretty much have all the tools you need to "fix" nba 2k as far as settings and sliders and the mass edit or whatever they call it is a God send. No more editing one player at a time, want to raise everybody's dribble rating? Ok let's mass edit, 2 seconds later...done with that edit for the ENTIRE league lol (maybe madden has that as well, I don't know)...I say that to say this, Madden needs more customization and settings so we can get this machine running the way it should. Although, I am finally having fun, realistics games with @Schnaidt1 setup and it's on PRO difficulty.

~Koosa1027~
SIM is a MINDSET...Don't cheat the game and you'll get better results ~Koosa10:27~
Old 03-20-2018, 07:43 AM   #20
All Star

OVR: 21

The root of 80% of all Madden problems has always been player ratings...not slider sets. Get the correct ratings figured out and the game looks like night and day from default roster sets. FBG had it right...and EA knew it...it was just too much of a deviation from their overall strategy and plan to take on. Part of their marketing is impressing NFL players with what ratings they are given, etc. Great for publicity but lessens the realism on the field aspect.

C
Old 03-22-2018, 07:11 AM   #21
Pro

JayCutlersCig's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I do see this during the game on all pro as well.

What is even more funny some people still deny this even happens in Madden and is incapable of producing such plays as the play above.

Maybe itís the change in difficulty; I have to play on All-Madden because All-Pro is too easy for me, not to brag. All-Madden cheats the player, reduces AI into nothing even with slider fixes. Hell, Iíve seen offensive linemen rub up against their assignment without an animation triggering, resulting in a sack in .5 seconds.

All Pro just plays and looks a lot better. Iím sure thereíre solutions to making the game harder, but Idk, it feels impossible to find balance on AP to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2018, 07:52 AM   #22
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCutlersCig
Maybe itís the change in difficulty; I have to play on All-Madden because All-Pro is too easy for me, not to brag. All-Madden cheats the player, reduces AI into nothing even with slider fixes. Hell, Iíve seen offensive linemen rub up against their assignment without an animation triggering, resulting in a sack in .5 seconds.

All Pro just plays and looks a lot better. Iím sure thereíre solutions to making the game harder, but Idk, it feels impossible to find balance on AP to me.
I feel like a working pass rush and pass rush slider and more realistic qb mechanics would help with this.

First, not every qb can throw it 60 yards in real life. Second, not every qb can fling it like a rocket. But in Madden they sure can.

Third, pass rush is terrible. There is no morphing of then pocket. It is either the OL gets beat or the DL spins in circles/ plays patty cake. A dynamic pocket would help a lot.

Fourth, the delay in reaction by defenders is awful. Itís awful for the CPU AI in All Pro and itís awful for the user AI in All Madden.
Old 03-22-2018, 08:06 AM   #23
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
I feel like a working pass rush and pass rush slider and more realistic qb mechanics would help with this.

First, not every qb can throw it 60 yards in real life. Second, not every qb can fling it like a rocket. But in Madden they sure can.

Third, pass rush is terrible. There is no morphing of then pocket. It is either the OL gets beat or the DL spins in circles/ plays patty cake. A dynamic pocket would help a lot.

Fourth, the delay in reaction by defenders is awful. It’s awful for the CPU AI in All Pro and it’s awful for the user AI in All Madden.
Agree with everything here except the last 2. In the setup I am using, there is dynamic pockets, but just like everything else, it could be improved.

There is tight coverage with with CPU AI in AP and I am loving it. I just had Rodgers throw for 62%.

And Jay, yes, there are ways to make allpro more balanced. Heck, Bears beat me, Packers, 56 to 17. I had to sim the rest of the way from the late 3rd quarter on.

Madden gives you the tools to get the games you want to play out of Madden. You just might have to to more research upfront to find what you are looking for.

Last edited by roadman; 03-22-2018 at 08:09 AM.
Old 03-22-2018, 04:18 PM   #24
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Agree with everything here except the last 2. In the setup I am using, there is dynamic pockets, but just like everything else, it could be improved.

There is tight coverage with with CPU AI in AP and I am loving it. I just had Rodgers throw for 62%.

And Jay, yes, there are ways to make allpro more balanced. Heck, Bears beat me, Packers, 56 to 17. I had to sim the rest of the way from the late 3rd quarter on.

Madden gives you the tools to get the games you want to play out of Madden. You just might have to to more research upfront to find what you are looking for.
Please elaborate on your setup. I really, really want to see pressure off the edge and defensive linemen redirected around the QB rather than see them stonewalled and spin in circles. Also really want to see some pressure up the middle without necessarily seeing the DT get past a double team.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »