Home

Vastly improved QB AI: What you are missing playing 16,17, or 18 on All Pro

This is a discussion on Vastly improved QB AI: What you are missing playing 16,17, or 18 on All Pro within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 03-31-2018, 11:56 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Vastly improved QB AI: What you are missing playing 16,17, or 18 on All Pro

Why are you expecting realism on All-Madden difficulty? The in game menu literally says it makes your opponent almost impossible to stop.
Old 04-01-2018, 12:50 AM   #34
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
Lol. I take it all back. Do NOT. I repeat, DO NOT play on all-madden, EVER!!! Lol. I just played 2nd game of season, and it was the same thing. Cpu qb throwing 90%+, I threw 3 pick 6ís, 2 of which were complete nonsense. I like a challenge, but I prefer realism over this. Lol. And, if my 90+ rated team dominates in all-pro, thatís more realistic than their qb throwing 90%+ every game. Ugghh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkubus
Why are you expecting realism on All-Madden difficulty? The in game menu literally says it makes your opponent almost impossible to stop.

Try these sliders. With some slight modifications and a few player rating changes (decreasing spin move, juke, etc), I was able to get a closer approximation to the more realisic play of All Pro while also upping the difficulty to the point that the user didnít get an unfair advantage.

In otherwords, this slider set, tuned to your own skill, greatly reduces the Madden cheat factor. Oh, itís still there to an extent (as in youíll see Richard Sherman get burnt a little more than he should), but youíll make some unlikely plays, too, like intercepting Drew Brees on a key third down win a scrubbsh safety.

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...lider-set.html
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...&postcount=170
Old 04-01-2018, 03:21 AM   #35
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
Try these sliders. With some slight modifications and a few player rating changes (decreasing spin move, juke, etc), I was able to get a closer approximation to the more realisic play of All Pro while also upping the difficulty to the point that the user didn’t get an unfair advantage.

In otherwords, this slider set, tuned to your own skill, greatly reduces the Madden cheat factor. Oh, it’s still there to an extent (as in you’ll see Richard Sherman get burnt a little more than he should), but you’ll make some unlikely plays, too, like intercepting Drew Brees on a key third down win a scrubbsh safety.

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...lider-set.html
I can tell you right now that the fact that you mention default players, after they’re cycled out in 12yrs, you’re going to be re-tweaking and adjusting because generated players come in with POS ratings well below the levels for which you’re noting enjoyment playing with.

AM negates the balance of ratings to force outcomes for the AI benefit to give the “perception” of greater difficulty to the user.
- the Match-Up Stick reveals this
- huge Stamina penalty is applied to the User team
- WR are slowed down
etc, etc, etc....

Speaking specifically to the OP, I’ll note two QB ratings that few understand just how much impact they have on Sim gameplay and Usered QB difficulty.
- is negated on any other difficulty level other than AP

**This is on AP w/no slider adjustments, with generated CFM players and w/out using the XP Mechanism because AI will circumvent by increasing the THP and not increase QB JMV**

1) THP
a) matched up against ZCV (ie break on throw)
- highest generated can be = 89 (few get)
- avg = mid 70-Low 80’s
- lowest generated can be = 55 (LB’s mostly)

b) THP at 55-65 (correction)
- Users QB “must” throw out routes right at the end of 5/7 step drops, otherwise ball will get there late (AWR/Traits will impact AI adherence to this)

- as generated ZCV increases above mid 70’s, greater possible “timing” penalty imposed on Usered/AI QB on throws

- forces AI QB behavior due to QB’s ability to meet throw distance and/or size of coverage window by defender (AWR/Traits play big role)

-Usered QB must “anticipate” throw routes because the ability to zip the ball 30+ yrds on a string with ease is removed (AI will do the same)
- at 70+ THP, Ball Speed will overpower a 90+ ZCV (ie easy passing)

2) JMV (AI QB’s)
a) drives how much Pocket movement/avoidance ** see pic (Traits impact)
- majority generated QB’s are too low 40-50 (must be manually edited)

**many little hidden nuggets of ratings functionality in their Top 5 player breakdowns if you read through them
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CB5D5608-01E7-46BF-AB5E-2EF9AE743AC5.jpg (88.3 KB, 78 views)

Last edited by khaliib; 04-01-2018 at 12:06 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »