Home

If I start a Franchise, can I control all teams to keep rosters accurate?

This is a discussion on If I start a Franchise, can I control all teams to keep rosters accurate? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-17-2018, 07:22 PM   #1
The Broski

MMan's Arena

OVR: 12
If I start a Franchise, can I control all teams to keep rosters accurate?

I haven't played Franchise since NCAA Football where we could import draft classes. Thought about giving it a shot but I hate starting it up and all the sudden these teams sign random free-agents and makes it no fun. I want to be able to keep live rosters throughout my franchise. Is this possible? Thank you
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2018, 08:28 PM   #2
Banned

TheOncomingStorm's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: If I start a Franchise, can I control all teams to keep rosters accurate?

You can control all 32 teams in CFM.
Old 03-18-2018, 05:56 AM   #3
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMan
I haven't played Franchise since NCAA Football where we could import draft classes. Thought about giving it a shot but I hate starting it up and all the sudden these teams sign random free-agents and makes it no fun. I want to be able to keep live rosters throughout my franchise. Is this possible? Thank you
Yes. The problem is it takes a lot of time to set up and a lot of work.

You can set up full team control in about 10 to 15 minutes. You have to just keep creating new users. You can do this by either pressing in one of the sticks (can't remember which) in the CFM menu, or by going to the window with the slider and game options, toggling down to user, and pressing triangle to created a new user.

That doesn't take THAT long, however, the real time is spent either toggling them all to auto (which I usually do; that way I don't have to micromanage them, but if they do something stupid I can quickly fix it), or it's spent in managing all 32 rosters. That takes a LOT of time, especially since you have to switch to every team to fix things.

However, there is one short cut if you have 32 team control:

If you need one player to go to another team, all you have to do is trade for the player with the team you are using (and swap 7th round draft picks, so the draft pick count remains the same), and then retrade that player to the other team (again swapping 7th round draft picks). The result is the player gets on the right team, and draft order is roughly the same as it was before.

For example: I want to put Alex Smith on the Redskins, but I'm the Giants. Trade a 7th round pick for Alex Smith and the Chief's 7th. Then Trade that 7th and Alex Smith for the Redskins 7th. And you're done.

BUt yes, yes you can control all 32 teams. You an even spectate a CPU vs CPU game by choosing one of the teams, playing the game, and then selecting slow speed for super sim, and super simming the entire game.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Old 03-18-2018, 11:17 AM   #4
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
Yes. The problem is it takes a lot of time to set up and a lot of work.

You can set up full team control in about 10 to 15 minutes. You have to just keep creating new users. You can do this by either pressing in one of the sticks (can't remember which) in the CFM menu, or by going to the window with the slider and game options, toggling down to user, and pressing triangle to created a new user.

That doesn't take THAT long, however, the real time is spent either toggling them all to auto (which I usually do; that way I don't have to micromanage them, but if they do something stupid I can quickly fix it), or it's spent in managing all 32 rosters. That takes a LOT of time, especially since you have to switch to every team to fix things.

However, there is one short cut if you have 32 team control:

If you need one player to go to another team, all you have to do is trade for the player with the team you are using (and swap 7th round draft picks, so the draft pick count remains the same), and then retrade that player to the other team (again swapping 7th round draft picks). The result is the player gets on the right team, and draft order is roughly the same as it was before.

For example: I want to put Alex Smith on the Redskins, but I'm the Giants. Trade a 7th round pick for Alex Smith and the Chief's 7th. Then Trade that 7th and Alex Smith for the Redskins 7th. And you're done.

BUt yes, yes you can control all 32 teams. You an even spectate a CPU vs CPU game by choosing one of the teams, playing the game, and then selecting slow speed for super sim, and super simming the entire game.
One thing is a lot of the trades that happen this off season u can't do in madden because of the trade system.

I watched a video on utube where a guy tried what teams did in real life and 99% time the trade bar wouldn't even be that far up.

So in order to get them to go through he'd have give more draft picks or players.

Also I tried the one with jets myself it went through ...but I couldn't add in one for next yr Because it only allows 3 slots and also the picks weren't right ones because jets had 15-20?? Pick and only one in second round and no other and like I said u couldn't throw in 4th because of the slot limit.
Old 03-18-2018, 12:01 PM   #5
The Broski

MMan's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdawgpound
One thing is a lot of the trades that happen this off season u can't do in madden because of the trade system.

I watched a video on utube where a guy tried what teams did in real life and 99% time the trade bar wouldn't even be that far up.

So in order to get them to go through he'd have give more draft picks or players.

Also I tried the one with jets myself it went through ...but I couldn't add in one for next yr Because it only allows 3 slots and also the picks weren't right ones because jets had 15-20?? Pick and only one in second round and no other and like I said u couldn't throw in 4th because of the slot limit.
If you controlled all teams, couldn't you just accept the trade?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2018, 01:16 PM   #6
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMan
If you controlled all teams, couldn't you just accept the trade?
U can that's what I did and it went through with jets -colts trade except the picks were all WRONG....its saying the jets had the 25th pick and the colts had #2,34,and they didn't have extra second and u can't send one next yr with it because it only has 3 slots.

So seems like u have do a lot of trading just to do that one deal that got done all at once.

Just tried browns dolphins trade for landry it went through but again the browns pick was 4th rd 125 in real life its 123.

So I guess that works when controlling both teams but seems like a lot of work if u want real picks like say jets colts.

I'm trying all this at the beginning of season so u may have to sim whole season and maybe that changes the picks numbers?? But then again ud have go through all teams and force wins and loses to match their records.

Last edited by azdawgpound; 03-18-2018 at 01:21 PM.
Old 03-18-2018, 06:12 PM   #7
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdawgpound
U can that's what I did and it went through with jets -colts trade except the picks were all WRONG....its saying the jets had the 25th pick and the colts had #2,34,and they didn't have extra second and u can't send one next yr with it because it only has 3 slots.

So seems like u have do a lot of trading just to do that one deal that got done all at once.

Just tried browns dolphins trade for landry it went through but again the browns pick was 4th rd 125 in real life its 123.

So I guess that works when controlling both teams but seems like a lot of work if u want real picks like say jets colts.

I'm trying all this at the beginning of season so u may have to sim whole season and maybe that changes the picks numbers?? But then again ud have go through all teams and force wins and loses to match their records.
Yes, it is a lot of work to set it up. It all depends on how closley you want it to match the NFL.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Old 03-20-2018, 05:11 PM   #8
MVP

NFCastle's Arena

OVR: 17

As others have pointed out, yes it's possible, but it's a ton of work.

First you have to create a coach for all teams and set the functions to auto except for anything to do with contracts/free agency.

Make all draft pick swaps that have occurred since release.

Once you get to the end of the season, you have to manually make contract offers to each player...and if you try to "re-sign" for the real amount, sometimes the players decline and want to test FA, so you're better off to just let everyone hit FA, and then go team-by-team and offer contracts that match up to real life.

I'm in the process of doing this now...and it's a ton of work.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »