Home

Madden 19 updates

This is a discussion on Madden 19 updates within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-20-2018, 05:37 PM   #9
MVP

scitychamps87's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Madden 19 updates

I'm guessing EA Play is when we'll get a general idea of the direction of this year's game.

I'm guessing we're going to see some sort of new gimmick for MUT this year of course. As for gameplay, I'm betting on real player movement technology like in FIFA and UFC, which will certainly be a welcome addition and something I'll definitely appreciate. Presentation wise, I'm guessing they'll build on the capabilities of Frostbite graphically for stadium atmospheres. We may see something presentation wise to enhance season long immersion. I'm also betting on franchise being improved but I have no idea how the team will approach that. Hoping they aim high and even if they can't get everything they want in a fully detailed way, any effort would be an improvement from current franchise. I have a lot of fun playing franchise but need more immersion and definitely more CPU roster management logic.

Sent from my XT1650 using Operation Sports mobile app
--5 Time Stanley Cup Champions--
Old 03-21-2018, 11:12 PM   #10
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperhare
It's almost April, and we've yet to hear anything about Madden 19. Should we expect to first see news at the draft?

Is this going to be the year they fix Franchise Mode and stop focusing on Ultimate Team?

Yeah, I wonder what the forums would do if they had a trailer during the draft that said something like, ‘Build your dynasty in maddens revamped franchise mode! Draft the players u want to help make or break your team! Deal with agents in the front office representing your players in tough negotiations! Watch the weekly wrap up show every week to actually SEE your league in action! Try to become the GOAT! We finally tricked the sh!t out of franchise! You’re gonna love it. If it’s in the game, it’s in the game!’

Lol. Truthfully, it’s sad they did the GOAT thing last year unrelated to franchise. That should’ve been a franchise related offering where u r trying to become the GOAT.

In all seriousness, everything does point to them improving franchise this year. But, I truly have no idea what exactly they might add or try to do with franchise to do that. They, honestly, could go all out on some really bad idea making franchise just like MUT somehow. Lol. Or, they could actually hit some items people have been asking for to make it more immersive. Only time will tell. Even though I think they will update franchise, I’m less anxious this year. M18, after the recent patches, is actually quite enjoyable to play and I’ve got a falcons franchise still going. I think I’m heading into 2022, and my D is finally aging and I’ve got some big contracts to figure out. So, I’m still enjoying that. I can wait awhile for M19, and honestly, after the last 2 games, we all know they don’t get the game tweaked right for a couple of months after release. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-21-2018, 11:49 PM   #11
MVP

Toupal's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
Yeah, I wonder what the forums would do if they had a trailer during the draft that said something like, ‘Build your dynasty in maddens revamped franchise mode! Draft the players u want to help make or break your team! Deal with agents in the front office representing your players in tough negotiations! Watch the weekly wrap up show every week to actually SEE your league in action! Try to become the GOAT! We finally tricked the sh!t out of franchise! You’re gonna love it. If it’s in the game, it’s in the game!’

Lol. Truthfully, it’s sad they did the GOAT thing last year unrelated to franchise. That should’ve been a franchise related offering where u r trying to become the GOAT.

This!

I was really banking on huge improvement to franchise move with GOAT, yet there wasn't anything remotely close to being a GOAT in the new features.

Hell, even Longshot was about a scrub who never played an NFL game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2018, 01:20 PM   #12
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would literally lose it. That would be unreal.
Old 03-22-2018, 05:53 PM   #13
Pro

JayCutlersCig's Arena

Gonna be honest, here, I’m on the side of “I’m not buying Madden this year.” And no, it isn’t to boycott EA. In my humble opinion, the game flat out sucks right now, and a few months isn’t nearly enough time to fix the issues. Plus, I don’t trust this dev team; I honestly don’t think that they have what it takes to make the best football game possible. Again, just my opinion, and if M19 comes out and it’s stellar, I’ll gladly retract that opinion.

But for now, I have to say goodbye to Madden. I’m trading in my Xbox and getting a PS4, so The Show can and will keep me occupied as well as other games I like.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 03-22-2018, 06:38 PM   #14
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by scitychamps87
I'm guessing EA Play is when we'll get a general idea of the direction of this year's game.

I'm guessing we're going to see some sort of new gimmick for MUT this year of course. As for gameplay, I'm betting on real player movement technology like in FIFA and UFC, which will certainly be a welcome addition and something I'll definitely appreciate. Presentation wise, I'm guessing they'll build on the capabilities of Frostbite graphically for stadium atmospheres. We may see something presentation wise to enhance season long immersion. I'm also betting on franchise being improved but I have no idea how the team will approach that. Hoping they aim high and even if they can't get everything they want in a fully detailed way, any effort would be an improvement from current franchise. I have a lot of fun playing franchise but need more immersion and definitely more CPU roster management logic.

Sent from my XT1650 using Operation Sports mobile app
This is a totally reasonable and probable take on what we're likely to see with M19, and with the exception of maybe a couple of dozen people here, will cause most Madden players to go off the rails with all the usual platitudes.

Also with the reality of what social media is now, there is no logical reason for marketing to let a lot of information out before the last 6 weeks or so.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 03-22-2018, 11:16 PM   #15
Rookie

Any chance Madden comes to the Switch this year?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2018, 01:34 AM   #16
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10

Franchise news would be great, though until player mode, online CFM and offline CFM are separated into individual modes you can't expect huge changes. It's great that online franchise experience is just like the offline one, many sports games couldn't say that for a while. Problem is it has held back it's offline counterpart greatly.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »