Home

Madden 19 updates

This is a discussion on Madden 19 updates within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 04-19-2018, 03:03 PM   #25
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Madden 19 updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4VERTS
Yea, that was kind of my bad . I was asking out loud how often it gets used. I was heading at a larger overarching theme of us needing better in depth explanations in game of how features work. I wasn't saying it wasn't used I was just curious how often it really was getting used based on Target Passing falling off.
Actually, it lead to a reveal about the feature for the future. It's a nugget you won't find much between now and EA Play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2018, 12:48 PM   #26
Pro

spoofrice11's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMJOHNS18
Franchise news would be great, though until player mode, online CFM and offline CFM are separated into individual modes you can't expect huge changes. It's great that online franchise experience is just like the offline one, many sports games couldn't say that for a while. Problem is it has held back it's offline counterpart greatly.
I agree they need to make the modes separate.

Hoping this is the year I buy Madden for a current Gen. I have been passing, because I want a decent Franchise Mode.

EAs is so shallow compared to NBA 2K's MYLeague. Hopefully they played that a bit and add some customization and stuff to theirs.
Old 04-25-2018, 01:02 PM   #27
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
It's been radio silent between Rex and Clint, but here is a bit of juice for 19 and beyond.

Per Clint: ID the Mike isn't going anywhere, showed users were using it. It will be polished from here on out.
GOOD!!! I use ID the Mike all the time..I love that feature...

You can actually create new plays, to a degree, just by where u set the ID... I have turned base plays that failed, into positive plays by setting a different Mike. Truly a great asset to the game..
Old 04-25-2018, 07:42 PM   #28
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
GOOD!!! I use ID the Mike all the time..I love that feature...

You can actually create new plays, to a degree, just by where u set the ID... I have turned base plays that failed, into positive plays by setting a different Mike. Truly a great asset to the game..
I have never figured out the benefit. What changes when you ID the mike? Does thw game sometimes ID it for you? What happens if you get it wrong.

My other issue is that by the time my guys get to the line of scrimmage, i feel like i am rushing and have no time to fiddle with ID the mike.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Old 04-26-2018, 06:06 PM   #29
MVP

ZoneKIller's Arena

OVR: 18

You guys realize people have been wishful hoping for EA to revamp franchise ever since the last generation of consoles were released right?
Old 04-27-2018, 09:26 AM   #30
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsteele14
I have never figured out the benefit. What changes when you ID the mike? Does thw game sometimes ID it for you? What happens if you get it wrong.

My other issue is that by the time my guys get to the line of scrimmage, i feel like i am rushing and have no time to fiddle with ID the mike.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The ID Mike basically helps to direct your blockers to a central location. The game by default has a defensive player that is ID'd, as far as I can conclude.

One way I use the ID Mike system is to ID the closest defender to a pulling guard. This technique appears to assist in preventing fast backside pressure on my RB so I have a bit more time to let the blockers ahead of my runner set up, and my RB to find a hole. (I control my HB)

Setting the ID on a blitzing defender will give a better chance of slowing the blitz.

If I have no specific player in mind, to ID, I will pick a defender that is highlighted with a "star" to attempt to take the defense's best player out of the play; or at least slow him up.

If I make a bad Mike ID the results are not necessarily bad. A great play in general will still play great. But if you're using a bad play, a proper Mike ID can give a little more positive result.

I like to do a lot of Power and Inside Zone runs. On Power plays I'll ID either the very outside defender nearest the line, or I'll ID teh defender closest to the pulling guard. This takes a little practice for each play. Usually if the defense is stacked heavily to the run side, you want to ID the mike on that side, otherwise ID the defender closest to the pulling guard spot..
Old 04-27-2018, 11:07 AM   #31
MVP

RumbleCard's Arena

OVR: 8

I can't speak to the ID mike feature because I passed on the game this year but as far as football goes ID'ing the Mike essentially sets your blocking assignments within a scheme. Unless I misunderstood the above post ID'ing the Mike doesn't send blockers to a central location but basically tells the players who they should be keying in on prior to the snap.

Every player that is blocking has a job and most of the time that involves keying in on certain defenders based on where they line up so by identifying the Mike everyone else can check down who they're blocking from that point out.

The Golf Club Published Courses
The OsoV2
Big Leaf of South Texas
Mt. Turner - Island Links
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2018, 12:50 PM   #32
Rookie

I thought Mike Id was for passing situations only, sort of saying watch this guy. I didn't notice how little I had used this feature all year. However, I believe its on auto because sometimes during presnap I notice a M over could be blitzers heads.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »