Home

Madden NFL 18 Patch 1.13 Available, Fixes Target Passing Exploit

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 18 Patch 1.13 Available, Fixes Target Passing Exploit within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-21-2018, 10:26 AM   #17
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Madden NFL 18 Patch 1.13 Available, Fixes Target Passing Exploit

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
My understanding it was happening a lot on Hail Mary's.

the Hail Mary glitch is done (from Twitter)

I noticed target passing being used a lot. My dbs cant stop it had to user my dbs for ints

I do agree with baconbits, where is the fix for punting into the wind? Heavyweight, what the sim gamers are upset about, this Hail Mary glitch was in the game this year, but not a fix in sight for the punt in the wind glitch that you probably are not aware of that has been going on for the past few years.

There is room for all players, but on appearances alone, it does appear that the competitive crowd has fixes coming out on a more regular and consistent basis, regardless of the exploit.

It's also an exploit of punting into the wind, wouldn't you agree?
Yeah, there is no doubt that H2H competitive/MUT gameplay fixes take precedence over any and all CPU gameplay bugs. Sadly I don't think that they are ever going to change that policy.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 03-21-2018, 01:22 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 1

i use coach mode and assume i use a flood play this fix wont change anything, ie if the ball is underthrown then the flat receiver could catch it still?
Old 03-21-2018, 01:56 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0

what ever they did , it turned my Xbox into a microwave it will not stop running the fan while i play the game, and my version i bought from the Xbox store so no disc in my system all other games the fan will go off once i switch to another game, my console is the Xbox X version using a optic cable for sound and picture using a hdmi 2.1 cable running on a 9000 series Samsung 65 inch hooked to a Yamaha rx-z11 receiver
Old 03-21-2018, 02:22 PM   #20
Banned

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Must not be a ridiculous "fix" for those that use it.

Some of the competitive crowd uses it and they were happy on Twitter yesterday.
If the “fix” makes the game inherently unrealistic (partially eliminating the tip drill on target passing), then yes, it is ridiculous.

As for it being an “exploit,” is not the whole point of target passing that you are throwing to a spot on the field? If long passes are being completed to easily, decrease the QBs’ accuracy, not the ability of untargeted WRs to catch.

Last edited by NimitsTexan; 03-21-2018 at 02:37 PM.
Old 03-21-2018, 02:34 PM   #21
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by NimitsTexan
If the “fix” makes the game inherently unrealistic (partially eliminating the tip drill on target passing), then yes, it is ridiculous.

As for it being an “exploit,” is not the whole point of target passing that you are throwing to a spot on the field? If long passes are being completed to easily. Decrease the QBs’ accuracy, not the ability of untargeted WRs to catch.
Nobody is complaining about the way it was fixed in that arena.

Ok, there is one way, but if you decrease the QB accuracy, you will have another issue and you will have people playing for competitive dollars with more inaccurate QB's with more people disappointed by decreasing QB's accuracy.

Maybe this was the best solution for that audience.

Plus, based on the games I am seeing in my CFM since the title update, I'm seeing tighter CB coverage on WR's. If that is a residual effect, I'll take it.

Last edited by roadman; 03-21-2018 at 02:41 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2018, 02:42 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Plus, based on the games I am seeing in my CFM since the title update, I'm seeing tighter CB coverage on WR's. If that is a residual effect, I'll take it.
I thought qb accuracy was not a factor in target passing, purely stick skills, pretty sure the developers stated this previously. I am not seeing any change with CB coverage at all since this update.
Old 03-21-2018, 02:47 PM   #23
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhudey
I thought qb accuracy was not a factor in target passing, purely stick skills, pretty sure the developers stated this previously. I am not seeing any change with CB coverage at all since this update.
Roadman was using my setup and we saw a difference due to the autosub settings I was previously employing. Most people using more "traditional" values may not see a difference.
Old 03-21-2018, 02:48 PM   #24
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhudey
Could be a placebo, but I am not the only one reporting this, either.

We all know that Madden has a tendency to fix one area of the game and it may have a residual effect on another part of the game.

Edit- Yes, after title update, using Josh's set up on auto subs.

Last edited by roadman; 03-21-2018 at 03:02 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »