Home

Madden NFL 18 Patch 1.13 Available, Fixes Target Passing Exploit

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 18 Patch 1.13 Available, Fixes Target Passing Exploit within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 03-21-2018, 04:37 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: Madden NFL 18 Patch 1.13 Available, Fixes Target Passing Exploit

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Could be a placebo, but I am not the only one reporting this, either.

We all know that Madden has a tendency to fix one area of the game and it may have a residual effect on another part of the game.

Edit- Yes, after title update, using Josh's set up on auto subs.
It may be he’s playing with updated rosters. Coverage is tighter with those. Night and day difference.

I think default rosters are better for simming 10 years and beyond, but if you want to play year one, updated rosters seem better.

Seems like run/pass ratio, aggressive/conservative, and other tendencies have been tuned to match results taken from real 2017 season. Only played two games, but ive watched these week 1 games tons of times with default rosters and there’s a noticeable difference. Not saying playbooks and schemes have 0 effect now, it seems to blend real stats with those aspects.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2018, 06:05 PM   #26
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyWeight
Excuse me for wanting something that can be an exploit fixed? Sorry bro. Hard enough playing not like a dick online vs that cheese among the numerous others. How much do you play this game by the way?
As someone said, thsi goes against the very root of football, ball in the air is live for anyone outside of OL to get it. You see many tipped passes that end up going to another WR or a tipped ball that becomes an interception. That's football.

To be fair, I am still enjoying Madden 17 but as someone who wants to see more sim added to Madden, it's frustrating to see something football related being described as an "exploit".
Old 03-22-2018, 08:19 AM   #27
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Who uses target passing in their franchise around here?

This fix was totally irreverent for me because I don't use target passing and never will.

Sim people aren't the only people that play this game.

Saying it's football doesn't cut it when you are playing competitively. There aren't penalties playing in competitive mode, is that football?

It's similar to apples and oranges, sim isn't anywhere near competitive and vice-versa. Trying to convince anyone one way or the other isn't going to cut it.

In my franchise game last evening, the ball bounced off a CB and into another CB's hands just before going out of bounds.

As long as this doesn't affect the way I play, that fix doesn't bother me.

What does bother me more than anything is that fix to precedent over the punting into the wind and any weather fixes.
Old 03-22-2018, 10:06 AM   #28
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

FWIW, I've played two franchise games post-patch and nothing seems busted to me. All the core game elements seem stable and I'm still enjoying my games. Those who are holding off might be helped by this.
Old 03-23-2018, 01:53 PM   #29
Rookie

Meanwhile, the correct thing to do would be to target* the area and then increase the receiver awareness to spot the ball and then hit the corresponding button to control the nearest receiver. To me, the double button press throws me off and then trying to keep an eye on the D-line makes for a dull experience.
Old 03-23-2018, 07:10 PM   #30
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Who uses target passing in their franchise around here?
I use it on fade routes from time to time. Usually when I want to target the corner of the end zone. These are for plays were I'm OK if WR doesn't come down in bounds with the ball.
Old 03-23-2018, 09:12 PM   #31
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
Weird way to fix it, but honestly the fact that we're still getting updates in March is awesome.

Sorry, but if it was done correctly the first time we wouldn’t need updates this late in the cycle!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2018, 03:19 AM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 4

The best fix would be to have receivers and defenders play the ball, not the icon/route. The reason the glitch works at all is because defenders react to the receiver the ball is thrown to, not where the ball is actually thrown.

A better band-aid fix would be to remove hot routes and audibles from Hail Mary formations. The entire point of the Hail Mary is to get as many receivers down field as possible to tip-drill the pass (unless you're the Chiefs, and then it's to get blockers down field for Tyreke Hill).

A bad design decision a decade ago led to them over-thinking a solution. In other words, par for the course.

Last edited by utahman19; 03-24-2018 at 03:21 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »