Home
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2018, 10:27 PM   #1
Rookie
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quarter Length

What do you set your quarter length and the accelerated clock at? Trying to get the most real to life NFL experience
cgm110 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2018, 11:02 PM   #2
MVP
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Dec 2011
Re: Quarter Length

When playing the CPU I use 6 min quarters with no accelerated clock. I get fewer snaps per game than what they do in the NFL, but this is mitigated by the fact that I'm generally much more efficient on offense. I have a sort of "gentlemen's agreement" with myself to make a good faith effort to snap the ball at or before the play clock hits 20 secs to effectively myself a 25 sec play clock. I even stick to this when clinging to a small lead late in the 4th.

The game really should have an option to change the length of the play clock. It's a much better solution to the problem that the accelerated clock was supposed to solve, and it doesn't need to be magically turned off in the last two minutes, either.
stinkubus is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 11:42 PM   #3
MVP
 
ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Dec 2009
Re: Quarter Length

I play 12 minute quarters with 20 seconds. I get approximately 60 snaps per game per team on average.

I also sometimes play 15 minites with about 13 seconds (to insure the CPU takes enough time to call plays and snap). This also gives similar results, but making adjustments is very difficult, and time constraints sometimes prevent this.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Therebelyell626
I am going to create a team called "the gay town butt pirates" and hurt your already diminishing image
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...&postcount=170
ForUntoOblivionSoar∞ is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 01:12 AM   #4
MVP
 
OhMrHanky's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Aug 2012
Re: Quarter Length

I play 15 mins with 17s acc clock. This comes pretty close to real life snaps. I see 120-140 plays per game. And, if u think about it, 15-17 is around the time the avg team starts to break the huddle. This gives u a realistic amt of time to call audibles, move a man in motion, and fake snap some. It takes about 2 hours of real time to play, though. Lol. And, thatís why some donít play this way, I think. But, I go for realism and have a lot of spare time. Lol. It, overall, plays out realistically for me for the most part, too. U actually have time for the ebb and flow of a full game this way. Now, once your team is 90+ all over the place, youíll have your ridiculous blowouts. But, honestly, compared to prior maddens when I ran 6 min qtrs, I had bigger blowouts back then. I tend to have somewhat realistic scores with some 55-10 type games mixed in. Again, with a 90+ team, itís kind of hard to keep things competitive.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OhMrHanky is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 01:34 AM   #5
MVP
 
ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Dec 2009
Re: Quarter Length

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
I play 15 mins with 17s acc clock. This comes pretty close to real life snaps. I see 120-140 plays per game. And, if u think about it, 15-17 is around the time the avg team starts to break the huddle. This gives u a realistic amt of time to call audibles, move a man in motion, and fake snap some. It takes about 2 hours of real time to play, though. Lol. And, thatís why some donít play this way, I think. But, I go for realism and have a lot of spare time. Lol. It, overall, plays out realistically for me for the most part, too. U actually have time for the ebb and flow of a full game this way. Now, once your team is 90+ all over the place, youíll have your ridiculous blowouts. But, honestly, compared to prior maddens when I ran 6 min qtrs, I had bigger blowouts back then. I tend to have somewhat realistic scores with some 55-10 type games mixed in. Again, with a 90+ team, itís kind of hard to keep things competitive.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Play All Madden and adjust sliders in favor of the CPU. Also adjust CPU player ratings. Wouldnít that help?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Therebelyell626
I am going to create a team called "the gay town butt pirates" and hurt your already diminishing image
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...&postcount=170
ForUntoOblivionSoar∞ is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2018, 03:23 AM   #6
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!
 
Vikes1's Arena
 
OVR: 23
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 4,115
Re: Quarter Length

I use 12 min qrts with a 25 sec runoff. This works pretty well for me on All-pro default.
__________________
1969 NFL Champions
Vikes1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 10:31 AM   #7
MVP
 
OhMrHanky's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Aug 2012
Quarter Length

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
Play All Madden and adjust sliders in favor of the CPU. Also adjust CPU player ratings. Wouldnít that help?


Personally, I donít have an issue with the scores. I was merely pointing out that once u get to having a 90+ team, youíre going to dominate, regardless, imo. But, what I didnít add in that post is that I donít have games like 100-10. Lol. Meaning, that with 120-140 plays per game, which might be more than the avg 6min gamer is used to, u might think youíre going to get overblown scores. I guess Iím trying to say that while u will get blowouts, the game still plays well and I donít get massive blowouts.

And, honestly, right now, I think Iíve got a 97+ team. And, in reality, a 97+ team on off and def should go undefeated and should blow teams out. So, I donít have as much of an issue with it. Iíve thought about upping to all-madden, and actually, I just won another Super Bowl, so maybe Iíll start my next season on all-madden to see how it plays. Iíve always been against playing on all-madden because of madden 06 days and older maddens, in general, where all-madden = all-cheat for the cpu. Lol. While I enjoy a challenge, I hated the absolute fabricated all-madden Ďchallengeí where every single cpu player is amazing regardless of ratings. So, thatís why Iíve stayed with all-pro. To me, all-pro plays totally realistically, because, again, if I have a 90+ team, and I call the right plays, I should beat all other teams, u know? And, before I had 90+, I lost a few here and there and had competitive games.

Now, all that being said, from what Iíve heard the last few years, all-madden may not be all-cheat anymore, so Iím curious to give it a try and see how it plays. But, I used to be a slider guy, and donít want to go down the rabbit hole of trying to tweak all-madden down some. I still enjoy the overall play of all-pro, regardless of the scoring. But, whatís definitely tough is having a quality D and the sack issue. Itís just overall too easy to get sacks, so that really hampers the cpu. Maybe, on all-madden, the cpu qb gets rid of the ball better?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OhMrHanky is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 11:24 AM   #8
MVP
 
ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Dec 2009
Re: Quarter Length

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
Personally, I donít have an issue with the scores. I was merely pointing out that once u get to having a 90+ team, youíre going to dominate, regardless, imo. But, what I didnít add in that post is that I donít have games like 100-10. Lol. Meaning, that with 120-140 plays per game, which might be more than the avg 6min gamer is used to, u might think youíre going to get overblown scores. I guess Iím trying to say that while u will get blowouts, the game still plays well and I donít get massive blowouts.

And, honestly, right now, I think Iíve got a 97+ team. And, in reality, a 97+ team on off and def should go undefeated and should blow teams out. So, I donít have as much of an issue with it. Iíve thought about upping to all-madden, and actually, I just won another Super Bowl, so maybe Iíll start my next season on all-madden to see how it plays. Iíve always been against playing on all-madden because of madden 06 days and older maddens, in general, where all-madden = all-cheat for the cpu. Lol. While I enjoy a challenge, I hated the absolute fabricated all-madden Ďchallengeí where every single cpu player is amazing regardless of ratings. So, thatís why Iíve stayed with all-pro. To me, all-pro plays totally realistically, because, again, if I have a 90+ team, and I call the right plays, I should beat all other teams, u know? And, before I had 90+, I lost a few here and there and had competitive games.

Now, all that being said, from what Iíve heard the last few years, all-madden may not be all-cheat anymore, so Iím curious to give it a try and see how it plays. But, I used to be a slider guy, and donít want to go down the rabbit hole of trying to tweak all-madden down some. I still enjoy the overall play of all-pro, regardless of the scoring. But, whatís definitely tough is having a quality D and the sack issue. Itís just overall too easy to get sacks, so that really hampers the cpu. Maybe, on all-madden, the cpu qb gets rid of the ball better?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Try this then: Stay on All Pro but use the total control passing mechanic on every pass.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Therebelyell626
I am going to create a team called "the gay town butt pirates" and hurt your already diminishing image
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...&postcount=170
ForUntoOblivionSoar∞ is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:28 PM.

Top -