Home

Stamina/Fatigue

This is a discussion on Stamina/Fatigue within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-03-2018, 01:30 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Stamina/Fatigue

In my opinion this game would play so much better if EA could figure this out. Players wear down and get tired during the course of a drive, game, and season. Why is there a need to build depth of players never wear down or get tired in game? DBs get beat when they are tired. WR/TE get lazy in routes, thus throwing off timing when they are tired. There is mental fatigue that will show up leading to penalties or bad reads. This is not represented in this game. Players do not end the year in the same health or conditioning that they start the year. This has to be represented in this game in order to make it great. If MUT or online player don’t like this that is fine, turn it of for them!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2018, 06:11 AM   #2
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Re: Stamina/Fatigue

Oh it’s represented in the game on All Madden difficulty... for user players. The problem is the CPU seems to be immune to it.

But your second point is very valid. Long term wear and tear as the season progressess needs to be addressed. And that, of course, can add more incentive to win first round byes. Not to mention its effect on Thursday night games.

There needs to be a short term wear/tear mechanic (for games played on short week) and a long term one, with all bye weeks restoring some of it.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.

Last edited by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞; 04-03-2018 at 06:14 AM.
Old 04-03-2018, 09:41 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
Oh it’s represented in the game on All Madden difficulty... for user players. The problem is the CPU seems to be immune to it.
it's ridiculously annoying when i switch to a cpu controlled player to tackle and then he's all of a sudden out of stamina, but if i had just left him alone he'd run around all day.
Old 04-03-2018, 02:55 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞

But your second point is very valid. Long term wear and tear as the season progressess needs to be addressed. And that, of course, can add more incentive to win first round byes. Not to mention its effect on Thursday night games.

There needs to be a short term wear/tear mechanic (for games played on short week) and a long term one, with all bye weeks restoring some of it.

I agree with you. I think the gameplay would shine so much more with better fatigue and wear and tear were properly implemented. For crying out loud Super Tecmo Bowl has it 🤦🏾*♂️.

And I do agree that the CPU seems to be immune to fatigue. My guys wear down and get sluggish, but their players all get a shot of adrenaline in the huddle. It is ridiculous

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-06-2018, 02:23 PM   #5
Rookie

Matrix_2k's Arena

Progressive fatigue would be a nice addition. I think I notice the in-game stamina issues though. Could be a settings issue.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2018, 03:00 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBCoachP
In my opinion this game would play so much better if EA could figure this out. Players wear down and get tired during the course of a drive, game, and season. Why is there a need to build depth of players never wear down or get tired in game? DBs get beat when they are tired. WR/TE get lazy in routes, thus throwing off timing when they are tired. There is mental fatigue that will show up leading to penalties or bad reads. This is not represented in this game. Players do not end the year in the same health or conditioning that they start the year. This has to be represented in this game in order to make it great. If MUT or online player don’t like this that is fine, turn it of for them!
I was JUST going to post about this the other day, you literally spoke on EXACTLY what I feel is an unbelievably overlooked issue in Madden gameplay wise. Proper implementation of fatigue would effect SO much in a game to game basis. Just think of how you could base your attack just off of that. A "Ground and Pound" offense that wears on a defense over the course of a game. The Patriots exhausting spread passing attack from a few years back. Even the ill-fated Chip Kelly breakneck speed hurry-up style of a few years ago. I mean seriously, gameplans have successfuly (and unsuccessfully) been built around the philosophy of simply breaking an opponent down when team talent and versatility were not an option.

This is terribly non-existent in Madden currently, which is even more puzzling considering that I did exactly what was described above, back Madden 12! I play currently on 10:00 minute quarters on Madden 18, with fatigue at 55-60 now and have occasionally had drives that last nearly if not an entire quarter, looking to destroy defenses with T.O.P alone, just for them to come out the next drive fresh as daisies..not fun. And not that I want to go back to Madden 12 solely for that but still. It would put much more value on team depth and personnel rotations. And I couldn't agree with the original post any more.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »