Home

Madden League Draft

This is a discussion on Madden League Draft within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2018, 07:46 PM   #1
MVP
 
TarHeelPhenom's Arena
 
OVR: 10
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: NC
Madden League Draft

In light of the NBA 2K League Draft today, it had me wondering what a Madden League would be like and what a draft would be like? How many of you think you would be drafted? How many would be invited to Radio City Music Hall. I mean they held a real draft with these dudes attending in suits putting on hats...the whole shot lol. I think i would be among the first 15 taken lol.
__________________
"Dunks are tough, but when a 35 footer come rainin out the sky...it'll wire you up"
TarHeelPhenom is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2018, 09:46 PM   #2
Underdog
 
CM Hooe's Arena
 
OVR: 45
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Culver City, CA
Posts: 19,571
Re: Madden League Draft

A Madden league draft like what NBA 2K has done today doesn't really work right now for a couple reasons.

The most obvious Madden doesn't support 11-v-11 multiplayer and probably won't for some time. Gameplay mechanics on both the OL and the DL will require a significant increase in complexity, at least on par with if not more mechanically interesting than what we saw introduced in M18 with the new WR-DB controls and meta.

The second issue is that no one in the Madden e-sports scene is a renowned specialist; they're all just Madden players. I know what the different competitors like to do mostly based on their MUT team construction, but that doesn't tell me how good a competitor is at making tackles, breaking tackles, throwing accurate passes, catching passes, intercepting passes, kicking and punting, and so on. I don't blame the competitors for this, however; this is a problem with the in-game presentation in a competitive context. Until the Madden game itself better communicates users' failure, proficiency, and mastery of game mechanics to both its users and audience (beyond "User Hit Stick" / "User Lurk" etc. banners), it's not going to be anything more than a niche e-sport.

Solve those two problems, however, and I think a 11-v-11 Madden e-sport league could be very interesting.
__________________
Christopher Hooe
CM Hooe is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 08:13 AM   #3
MVP
 
ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Dec 2009
Re: Madden League Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
A Madden league draft like what NBA 2K has done today doesn't really work right now for a couple reasons.

The most obvious Madden doesn't support 11-v-11 multiplayer and probably won't for some time. Gameplay mechanics on both the OL and the DL will require a significant increase in complexity, at least on par with if not more mechanically interesting than what we saw introduced in M18 with the new WR-DB controls and meta.

The second issue is that no one in the Madden e-sports scene is a renowned specialist; they're all just Madden players. I know what the different competitors like to do mostly based on their MUT team construction, but that doesn't tell me how good a competitor is at making tackles, breaking tackles, throwing accurate passes, catching passes, intercepting passes, kicking and punting, and so on. I don't blame the competitors for this, however; this is a problem with the in-game presentation in a competitive context. Until the Madden game itself better communicates users' failure, proficiency, and mastery of game mechanics to both its users and audience (beyond "User Hit Stick" / "User Lurk" etc. banners), it's not going to be anything more than a niche e-sport.

Solve those two problems, however, and I think a 11-v-11 Madden e-sport league could be very interesting.
Lol no one will ever want to be an offensive linemen though. Maybe six on six (or twice that if each player plays only offense or defense), maybe even one or two more if one person handles kicks and the other returns, but I can’t see someone wanting to play guard in Madden.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Therebelyell626
I am going to create a team called "the gay town butt pirates" and hurt your already diminishing image
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...&postcount=170
ForUntoOblivionSoar∞ is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 08:44 AM   #4
MVP
 
TarHeelPhenom's Arena
 
OVR: 10
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: NC
Re: Madden League Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
Lol no one will ever want to be an offensive linemen though. Maybe six on six (or twice that if each player plays only offense or defense), maybe even one or two more if one person handles kicks and the other returns, but I canít see someone wanting to play guard in Madden.

Hey...if you pay a dude a salary of $35k for 6 months to play on the OL on a Madden team i guarantee dudes will be lining up lol.
__________________
"Dunks are tough, but when a 35 footer come rainin out the sky...it'll wire you up"
TarHeelPhenom is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 11:00 AM   #5
Rookie
 
SethMurphy's Arena
 
OVR: 3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Waterford, PA
Re: Madden League Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
Hey...if you pay a dude a salary of $35k for 6 months to play on the OL on a Madden team i guarantee dudes will be lining up lol.
I'm in! I'll play left guard for $35k a year if I can still keep my regular job as well (that salary ain't paying the bills alone)
__________________
PS4 SN - smurf922
SethMurphy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:41 PM.

Top -